Marantz PM8006 Integrated Amp Overview
Nothing is better than the sweet stereo sound of your favorite music. The Marantz PM8006 integrated stereo amplifier delivers clean and powerful stereo sound with flexible operation. This sleek and stylish PM8006 features preamp outputs along with a power amp direct input, allowing you to use the unit as a standalone power amplifier for integration into a multi-channel home theater system. And vinyl lovers will revel at the way their records sound, thanks to the PM8006’s Phono EQ preamp stage.
- Integrated Current Feedback Amplifier with 2x 70W / 8 ohm rms
- 70W into 8 ohms
- 100W into 4 ohms
- Marantz Musical Phono EQ uses two-stage amplification, allowing less gain per stage for lower distortion.
- High quality music playback and flexible operations
- Symmetrical circuits provide optimal imaging
- 6 stereo RCA audio inputs
Phono input for you record player
- Isolating feet to support the amplifier, combining high density and a damping fiber
- PM8006 weight: 26.45 lbs
- PM8006 dimensions (W x D x H): 17.32 in x 14.92 in x 5.03 in
- Warranty: 3 years. World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell.
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The PM8006 features Marantz’s custom designed Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDRAM) — a circuit board that eliminates distortion, increases bandwidth, reduces unwanted noise, and delivers articulate audio. Technical talk aside, it doesn't matter if you are listening Jay-Z or Tchaikovsky, the PM8006 delivers a powerful and transcendent listening experience as pure as a trip to the symphony.
Musical Phono EQ
Nothing is more thrilling than dropping a needle into the groove of a vinyl record. Our friends at Marantz now how important your record collection is to you. That is why the PM8006 is equipped with a Musical Phono EQ that features two-stage amplification. The result is a clean and clear signal between the PM8006 and your record player, giving you the best performance from your vinyl collection.
Customizable Speaker Setup
This powerful integrated amp delivers full, clear, and powerful audio to your speakers, no matter what your speaker setup looks like. Conservatively rated at 70-watts at 8 Ohms and 100-watts at 4 Ohms, the PM8006 can handle the most demanding speaker loads. The double shielded Toroidal Transformer and high quality customized components deliver a broad soundstage with width, depth and height, and no distracting distortion.
The PM8006 features a triple layer bottom plate and isolating feet to support the amplifier, and eliminate unwanted distortion and vibration. The PM8006 also features gold plated RCA inputs and outputs for all of your audio devices.
- RMS power output (20Hz - 20kHz simultaneous drive of both channels)
- 70W x 2 (8Ω/ohms load)
- 100W x 2 (4Ω/ohms load)
- Total harmonic distortion (20Hz - 20kHz simultaneous drive of both channels, 8Ω/ohms load): 0.02%
- Output bandwidth (8Ω/ohms load, 0.06%): 5Hz - 60kHz
- Frequency response (CD, 1W, 8Ω/ohms load): 5Hz - 100kHz ±3dB
- Damping factor (8Ω/ohms load, 40Hz - 20kHz): 100
- Input sensitivity/input impedance
- Phono (MM): 2.0mV/47kΩ/kohms
- CD, tuner, network, aux, recorder: 220mV/20kΩ/kohms
- Power amp Direct In: 1.6V/15kΩ/kohms
- Output voltage/output impedance - Pre Out: 1.6V/600Ω/ohms
- Maximum allowable Phono input level (1kHz) MM: 80mV
- RIAA deviation (20Hz - 20kHz): ±0.5dB
- S/N (IHF-A 8Ω/ohms load)
- Phono (MM): 87dB (5mV input, 1W output)
- CD, tuner, network, aux, recorder: 106dB (2V input, rated output)
- Power amp Direct In: 125dB (rated output)
- Tone control
- Bass (50Hz): ±10dB
- Mid (900Hz): ±6dB
- Treble (15kHz): ±10dB
- Channels: 2
- Audio inputs: 6
- Audio outputs: 1
- Pre-out: 1
- Phono input: MM
- Damping factor: 100
- Input sensitivity MM: 2mV/47kOhm
- Signal-to-noise ratio MM: 87dB
- Input sensitivity - high level: 200mV/20kOhm
- Signal-to-noise ratio - high level: 106dB (2V input)
- Input sensitivity - power amp Direct In: 1.6V/15kOhm
- Signal-to-noise ratio - power amp Direct In: 125dB
- Power requirement: AC 230V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption: 220W
- Power consumption in standby mode: 0.2W
- Dimensions (approx.): 14.92" x 17.32" x 5.04"
- Weight (approx.): 26.46 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- PM8006 Integrated Amplifier
- Quick start guide
- CD-ROM/Owner's manual
- Safety instructions
- Power cord
- Remote control
- AAA batteries
Customer Reviews for Marantz PM8006 Integrated Amplifier
Extremely fine detail in lows and mids, for now highs are smooth which is ok but lets see whats will be later
I am musician and for me it was amazing to hear my songs sounding that smoot and perfect. Bass here could not be damaged, smashed, beaten or destorted, it is always carried by angels wings. No matter where are you in the room, the sound is rich, balanced, bold and classy.
I am hoping to upgrade to the Model 30s and floorstanding speakers someday, if you have a trade in program I can do that soon,
over 2 years ago
old school 2 channel stereo. Love the subtle adjustments obtainable from the midrange control, with certain recordings, and the treble and bass controls seem to affect only the very top and bottom ranges of those frequencies. The phono preamp section is excellent, and mates perfectly with my U Turn turntable also purchased with the Marantz. Great service too from WW Stereo, as usual, and will continue purchasing from this company in the future.
over 3 years ago