The PM6006 is an upgraded successor of the multi-award-winning PM6005. We've retained the pre-amp and power-amp sections that exclusively feature discrete components - not a single IC in sight of the signal path. The PM6006 is upgraded for peak current at the amplifier stage, which makes it possible to refine the sound for you in much more detail.
You can connect this superb integrated amplifier directly to a vast range of digital sources and use its superior 24bit/192kHz high current CS4398 DAC to create an unbelievably high level of audio enjoyment with new media. The unit now includes 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital inputs (an additional optical input from the predecessor, PM6005), and the complete digital section is fully shielded by an extra metal housing to ensure that the digital stage has no effect on the analog signal.
All of the original features—such as five-line audio input including phono, two-pairs of gold-plated speaker connections with the convenience of bi-wiring, and a remote handset—are all still there. The lower impedance shielded Toroidal transformer, as well as customized components and unique Marantz HDAM modules care for powerful, dynamic and detailed original Marantz sound. In short, the new PM6006 is a new star with excellent genes.
- Integrated Current Feedback Amplifier with 2x 45W / 8 ohm rms
- Wide bandwith sound and enough power for medium size rooms
- Further sound tuned with carefully selected components
- Unique Marantz audio experience
- Digital inputs (2x opt. / 1x coax.)
- For extended connectivity and High Resolution Audio support (192kHz/24bit PCM)
- High quality DAC CS4398 and Marantz HDAM SA2
- Best sound quality from digital input signal
- Fully shielded DAC unit; copper screws; rigid feet
- Eliminating interferences for purity of sound
- Gold Plated Inputs/Outputs incl. Phono (MM) input
- High-quality sound even from demanding headphones
- Marantz proprietary HDAM-SA3 circuits
- Wider dynamic range with lower distortion for the output stage
- Toroidal Transformer and high quality customized components
- Delivering more power while causing less interferences
- High quality Speaker Terminals (A / B switchable)
- Improved connection to speakers
- Perfectly matching CD6006 CD Player and NA6005 Network Audio Player
Marantz HDAM Technology
Marantz developed its own discrete circuit boards to replace standard IC's. These HDAM's consists of discrete surface mount components with short mirror image L/R signal paths. Those devices are doing exactly the same thing as the Op-Amps, but outperform the regular IC Op-amps dramatically in terms of the Slew Rate and reduced noise level, resulting in a much more dynamic, accurate and detailed sound. Over the years Marantz developed different types of the HDAM to improve quality and to fit to the special requirements of a product category like CD or amplifier.
The Current Feedback amplifier technology provides wide-bandwidth and high-speed sound reproduction. In combination with the Toroidal Transformer, the PM6006's amplifier holds a massive energy reserve to drive even demanding speakers with absolute ease.
A Toroidal transformer has several advantages over a normal EI core transformer. It is very efficient and therefore delivers more power compared to the same size of an EI core transformer. In addition, due to its shape, the electromagnetic radiation and the mechanical vibration are extremely low all ending in a better sound quality.
High Current Power Supply
The power supply has high current high speed Shottky Barrier Diodes and high current storage capacitors that together provide wide dynamic range along with low impedance drive capability.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion for Digital Input
The PM6006 features high resolution D/A conversion and is equipped with the reference class CS4398 D/A converter, which provides up to 192 kHz/24 bit resolution for optimum fidelity with high resolution audio file types.
Expanded Connectivity for Digital Inputs (2 Optical, 1 Coax) with Hi-res Audio Support
1 Coax digital and 2 Optical digital inputs are now available to connect digital devices and play back Hi-res Audio (up to 192kHz/24bit PCM) through the PM6006's advanced audio circuitry. And the complete digital section is fully shielded by an extra metal housing to ensure that the digital stage has no effect on the analog signal.
What's in the Box
Whats's In the Box
- Quick Start Guide
- Amplifier Owner’s Manual
- Power Cord
- Safety Instructions
- Remote Control Unit
- Warranty (for USA/for CANADA)
- R03/AAA batteries