PM6005 Pure-Basic Series Integrated Amplifier
Based on Marantz's award winning PM6005 integrated amplifier, the PM6005 adds digital audio decoding, via the reference class CS4398 24 bit/192 kHz high current D/A converter, along with their exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology, which uses precision discrete components instead of conventional op-amp integrated circuits. The high current power supply features a high capacity shielded toroidal power transformer that provides high instantaneous burst current, essential when driving lower impedance speaker loads. The power supply also features large high current storage capacitors, and high current high speed Shottky Barrier Diodes for the cleanest power characteristics. The digital audio circuitry is housed in its own shielded subsection to eliminate interference with the analog audio circuit blocks. Multiple analog inputs include a dedicated phono input for MM turntables, and there are optical and coaxial digital audio inputs. The PM6005 is rated at 45 watts per channel (8 ohms) and 60 watts per channel (4 ohms).
Marantz HDAM Technology
- Their exclusive HDAM technology features precision discrete components that provide wide dynamic range with low distortion, outperforming conventional op-amp integrated circuit chips. HDAM modules are used in the digital audio converter stages as well as the critical analog audio stage.
Fully Discrete High Current Output Stages
- Equipped with multiple high current wide range power transistors, the PM6005 features the ability to handle low impedance speakers, and is rated at 45 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 60 watts per channel into 4 ohms. The output stages feature current feedback (originated by Marantz) instead of voltage feedback, for the lowest distortion and highest stability.
High Current Power Supply
- Featuring a high current high capacity shielded toroidal power transformer, the power supply section also employs high current high speed Shottky Barrier Diodes, along with high current storage capacitors that together provide wide dynamic range along with low impedance drive capability.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion
- Equipped with the reference class CS4398 24 bit/192 kHz D/A converter technology, the PM6005 also employs their proprietary HDAM discrete modules in the critical I/V conversion stage. The digital audio section is housed in a shielded compartment to prevent interference with the analog audio circuit blocks.
Fully Discrete Headphone Amplifier
- For superb sound quality with the widest range of headphone types, the PM6005 features a fully discrete headphone amplifier that is able to handle just about any headphone type, regardless of impedance or sensitivity. The high quality gold plated 14" headphone jack is compatible with audiophile and studio headphones and adapters.
Source Direct Mode
- The Source Direct function bypasses unneeded circuit stages (such as the tone controls) for the most direct audio path from input to output.
Gold Plated Connectors
- The audio inputs and outputs, along with the speaker terminals and the coaxial digital input are gold plated for long life and optimum signal transfer integrity.
A/B Speaker Select; Bi-Wiring
- Equipped with two sets of speaker terminals, the PM6005 can drive two pairs of speakers, or it can be connected to one pair of bi-wiring compatible speakers, with one set of terminals for the low range drivers and the other set connected to the high range drivers.
Optical and Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs
- Both optical and coaxial digital audio inputs are provided, for compatibility with the widest range of digital audio sources.
Multiple Inputs Including Phono
- In addition to multiple analog line level inputs, the PM6005 also features a dedicated phono input, for compatibility with moving magnet turntables.
System Remote Control
- Featuring an easy to use ergonomic design, the elegant remote control can also be user to control the matching CD6005 CD player, as well as controlling a network player.
Remote Control In/Out Terminals; IR Flasher Port
- Remote input and output terminals let you connect the PM6005 to other Marantz components, such as the matching CD6005 CD player, allowing you to place the PM6005 out of sight (such as in a cabinet) yet still providing full remote control capabilities. The IR (infrared) flasher port lets you connect the PM6005 to an external system remote controller.
- External control: Flasher In
- D-Bus Remote (RC-5) In/Out: 1/1
- AC Outlets (Switched/Unswitched): 2/1
- THD: 0.08% (20Hz – 20kHz, 2 channel driven, 8 ohms load)
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance: PHONO:MM:2.2mV/47k ohms, LINE:200mV/20k ohms
- Frequency response: 10Hz – 70kHz +0dB, -1dB (CD, 1W, 8 ohms load)
- S/N Ratio: PHONO:MM:83dB, LINE:102dB
- Number of Channels: 2
- Output Power: 45W (8 ohms), 60W (4 ohms)
- HDAM: yes
- Power Transformer: Shielded Toroidal Transformer
- Current Feedback Amplifier: yes
- Speaker Terminal: Gold Plated x 2 Pairs
- Tone Control: (Bass: 50Hz, Treble: 15kHz) +/-10dB
- Source Direct: yes
- Speaker A/B: yes
- Color: Black
- Front Panel: Aluminum/Glass-reinforced resin
- Remote Control: Marantz System Remote Controller
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 155W (Standby: 0.3W)
- Dimensions W x H x D (Inches): 17.3" x 4.1" x 14.6"
- Weight (lbs): 16.8 lbs