Our take on the Marantz NR1506
The Marantz NR-1506 is a result of over 60 years of designing audio components for music lovers, by music lovers. Marantz knows that music matters, and this receiver offers a thrilling audio experience and an elegant slimline design. The NR-1506 has an advanced processing system that supports all major sound formats. This receiver also comes with Airplay, so you can listen to your favorite Itunes tracks wirelessly.
NR1506 5.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Network A/V Receiver with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Designed to deliver a thrilling sonic experience, the NR1506 A/V Receiver features expanded connectivity, including built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and dual antennas that lets you wirelessly stream your favorite tracks from your devices. The NR1506 is also equipped with AirPlay so you can listen to your favorite iTunes tracks wirelessly from your iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.
Enjoy high resolution surround from your favorite movie soundtracks. The NR1506 is equipped with an advanced 32-bit DSP processing system that supports all the major surround sound formats, including Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. The power amplifier section features high current discrete power transistors, and identical circuit topology for all 5 channels and is compatible with low impedance 4 ohm speakers.
The advanced video section features 6 HDMI 2.0a inputs (including 1 on the front panel), and 5 of the inputs feature full compatibility with the latest 4K Ultra HD video specification, including 60 Hz full rate content, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 aspect ratio pass-through. It's also HDCP 2.2 compliant, which is a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
Built-in Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Equipped with Wi-Fi & Bluetooth wireless streaming connectivity, the NR1506 features an advanced dual antenna RF transceiver system, for robust and error-free streaming even in congested urban environments. Connect to the internet through your home Wi-Fi network (or with a hard-wired connection via the RJ-45 Ethernet LAN port) and enjoy your favorite tracks from streaming music services such as Pandora and Spotify Connect. You can also choose from thousands of internet radio stations around the world, and enjoy music from virtually every genre.
- With AirPlay, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your favorite iOS device, including the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, and the NR1506 is also DLNA 1.5 certified for compatibility with your home PC or Mac, and features an RJ-45 Ethernet port for wired connection to your network.
Latest HDMI 2.0a Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible
- Featuring 6 HDMI 2.0a inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, the NR1506 incorporates an advanced video section that features the latest HDMI 2.0a specifications, including support for 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz full rate video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and 21:9 video pass-through, along with support for 3D content. The NR1506 also features HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content.
- The NR1506 also features Audio Return Channel (ARC), which lets you stream audio from your TV via a single HDMI connection (no need for a separate digital audio cable).
Full Specification 4K Ultra HD Compatibility
- In addition to handling 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160 resolution, the NR1506 also features HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Wide Color Gamut compatibility, key components of the BT.2020 4K Ultra HD video specification.
5 Channel Discrete Amplifier with Eco Mode
- The power amp section features discrete high current power output devices, identical on all channels for maximum soundstage uniformity. Rated at 50 watts per channel (20Hz~20kHz, .08%THD, 8 ohms), the NR1506 features low impedance drive capability and is compatible with 4 ohm speakers. The Eco mode provides energy savings and features an on-screen Eco meter.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
- The NR1506 features dual subwoofer outputs, which lets you connect two smaller subwoofers instead of a single, larger sub, and enjoy the benefits of response averaging by having two subs in different locations in the room. With dual subwoofers, deep bass is smoother and more detailed, minimizing the peaks and dips that often result with a single subwoofer setup.
Audyssey Bronze Built In
- Via the supplied measuring microphone and mic stand, Audyssey MultEQ measures all the speakers in your home theater during setup, including the subwoofer, and then generates multiple high precision DSP room acoustic correction filters, which together provide smoothest and most natural tonal balance, regardless of the brand or model of the various speakers.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume features advanced psycho-acoustic processing to deliver clear dialog and wide range sound at reduced volume levels so that you can enjoy theater-level clarity at whatever listening level you choose. Audyssey Dynamic EQ also features advanced DSP processing to deliver full range wide-band response, even at reduced volume levels.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
- With our exclusive Setup Assistant along with the Quick Start Guide, you can connect and configure your home theater system quickly and easily. The Setup Assistant features clear on-screen graphics and text that quickly and easily guide you through the setup process, optimizing critical system settings for the best possible sound quality.
New Remote App
- Download the Marantz AVR Remote App and control the NR1506 with your smartphone, tablet or other smart device. Available in iOS and Android versions, the app lets you easily control and configure the NR1506.
Front Panel USB Port
- The front panel USB port lets you connect your smartphone or tablet, and is compatible with USB drives and NAS devices. When the NR1506 is switched on, the USB port can simultaneously charge your device, and it features a 5V/1A output, the same output delivered by phone chargers.
Color Coded Speaker Terminals
- For easy installation, the NR1506 features a horizontal row of premium loudspeaker connection terminals, and the color coded connection system includes a set of color coded speaker cable labels that helps ensure correct speaker cable hookup the very first time.
- The elegant slimline chassis features stylish brushed hairline metalized accents along with dual control knobs for volume control and input selection. The graphical display features clear text as well as easy to understand icons that let you instantly see the source selected, volume level and other important information.
60+ Years of Audiophile Heritage
- Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components that have been embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in our lives, the NR1506 carries on our long tradition of delivering a superlative music listening experience, and it's equipped to deliver the ultimate home theater experience as well.
- DTS HD Master
- Dolby TrueHD
- Multichannel Stereo
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 5.1
- Discrete Power Amplifier
- Power Transformer: EI
- Pure DIrect
- Audyssey: MultEQ
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume
- Compressed Audio Enhancer: MDAX2
- DLNA Certified v1.5
- Lossy Formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC
- Lossless Formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV / FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 96/24
- DSD Audio Streaming
- Gapless Playback: FLAC, WAV
- Photo Streaming (JPEG)
- AirPlay Audio Streaming
- Windows PlayTo / Windows 8 Certified
- Internet Radio (vTuner)
- Spotify Connect / Pandora / SiriusXM
- Compatible with Remote App for Smart Phones: Android/iOS
- Compatible with Remote App for Tablets: Android/iOS
- Ethernet Ports
- HDMI Inputs (Back/Front): 5/1
- HDCP2.2 Support
- HDMI Outputs (Main): 1
- Video Conversion Analog -> HDMI
- GUI Overlay on HDMI
- 3D Signal Pass-Through
- 4K Signal Pass-Through
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode
- DSD Audio Capability
- Audio Return Channel
- Auto LipSync
Multi-room / CI
- IP Control / Web Control / App Control
- Marantz Remote Bus
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone: Audyssey MultEQ
- FL Display: 1 line
- Graphic User Interface – GUI: Hybrid GUI
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant
- Smart Select
- Firmware Update by Network / USB
- Variable Cross Over
- Optimized Bass Redirection
- ECO Mode
- Auto Power off
- Sleep Timer
- Composite In / Out: 3 / 1
- HDMI In / Out 5+1 / 1
- Analog In: 3
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 1 / 1
- Multichannel Pre Out: 2.1
- Subwoofer Out: 1
- Speaker Terminal: Regular Screw
- Number of Speaker Terminals: 5
- Front Inputs: HDMI / USB
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone
- AM/FM Tuner
- Number of Poweramps: 5
- Power Output (8 ohm, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 0.08% 2ch Drive): 50W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1kHz, 0.7% 2ch Drive): 60W
- Power Output (6 ohm, 1kHz, 10% 1ch Drive)
- System Remote Control: RC020SR
- Power Consumption in W: 180
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.2
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 2.7
- Maximum Dimensions Antenna: Horizontal (W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 14.4 x 4.1
- Weight in lbs: 18.1