MM8077 7-Channel Power Amplifier - 150 W RMS - 7-channel Power Amp Packed with Proprietary Marantz Audio Technology
Designed for the ultimate music and movie surround sound experience, the MM8077 7-channel power amplifier is equipped with the same amplifier technologies that are incorporated in the reference class hi-fi amplifiers, including the unique current feedback discrete power amplifier stage design, which features a high slew rate that provides a wide bandwidth for the utmost enjoyment of todays high resolution audio formats. At the heart of the MM8077 is a high current power supply, which features a massive toroidal power transformer that provides substantial headroom for dynamic peaks along with the ability to handle lower impedance speaker loads. All output stages feature identical topology for uniform high quality sound across all channels, and the MM8077 provides the option to choose between balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) inputs for each channel, for maximum system configuration flexibility. High current, high bandwidth discrete power transistors can handle short term musical bursts with aplomb, even into difficult low impedance speaker loads. The MM8077 is rated at 150 watts per channel into 8 ohms for each of the 7 channels. For the ultimate home theater experience, you can pair the MM8077 with the MM7705 5-channel power amplifier, which lets you enjoy thrilling 11-channel surround sound with the latest multi-channel audio formats, such as DTS Neo:X. For easy control, the MM8077 features remote power on/off control compatibility with select Marantz A/V pre-amplifiers, such as the AV8801.
The MM8077 packs a punch with 150 watts x 7 channels. Its the perfect amp for any Home Theater system and since it is based on the Marantz Reference Line, it sounds incredible. Pair the MM8077 with either the MM7055 5 channel power amp or the MM7025 2 channel power amp as needed; all three amplifiers have been voiced to work together seamlessly.
- Balanced XLR output terminals offer +40dB rejection of induced noise in the cable while providing a superior mechanical connection. Regardless of the distance between the MM8077 and the AV8801, a balanced connection will improve the sound of the system.
- RC-5 Terminals Allows the MM8077 to be remotely turned on via the AV8801s system controller or thru the Marantz APP. Remote turn on via3rd party control systems is another possibility with the RC-5 Connection. For even more flexibility, the MM8077 includes DC (trigger) control as well as a flasher input.
- Current Feedback Amplifier- is a longstanding tradition of Marantz amplifiers that are designed to track rapid sonic changes more accurately and thus create a more natural sound
- Custom Nichion Audio Grade Capacitators (50,000mf x 2)- are capable of handling extremely demanding power loads and can recharge in an instant for even the most demanding passages in music and movies.
- The Massive Toroidal Transformer- In the MM8077 serves a dual purpose. First, it operates more efficiently, thus enabling the power supplies to flawlessly respond to demanding musical transients. Second, it produces less spurious magnetic energy which helps lower the noise floor for ultra-quiet operation.
- Copper Plated Chassis- Like the AV8801, the MM8077 features a copper plated steel chassis. The benefits include creating a barrier for maximum isolation from external vibration as well as electromagnetic and radio frequency interference. Bottom line is that it reduces noise and improves sound!
- Number of Channels: 7
- Current Feedback Topology: Yes
- Discrete Amplification: Yes
- Power Transformer: Toroidal
- Chassis: Copper Plated
- Main Amplifier In: Balanced and Unbalanced - 7ch (exclusive use by a selector switch)
- DC Triggers: 1 In/ 1 Out
- D-Bus Remote (RC-5) In/Out: 1 In/ 1 out
- Flasher In/IR Receiver In/Emitter Out: 1/0/0
- Power Output: 150W (20Hz - 20kHz, 0.08%)
- S/N Ratio: 105dB
- Freq. Response (Analog In): 8Hz - 100kHz (+/- 3dB)
- Color: Black
- Front Panel: Aluminum/Glass-reinforced resin
- Power Requirement: AC120 V, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 800W (Standby: 0.4W)
- Dimensions W x H x D: 17.32" x 7.29" x 15.1"
- Weight: 45.41 lbs