The Marantz HD-AMP1 Digital Integrated Amplifier is as classic of a stereo component as it looks. Designed with a black chassis and gloss-finished woodgrain sides, this amplifier perfectly complements any new or existing stereo system. It features digital technologies like dual USB ports for instant wired connection to your digital library, and each high-resolution track is supported in a wide range of audio formats.
Marantz HD-AMP1 Amplifier Features:
- Always listen to high-resolution audio with the built-in ESS SABRE DAC
- Plug your USB device for your music library access and device charging
- Connect up to two analog inputs, like CD players and radios
- Use your headphones for an awe-inspiring private session
Housed in an elegant compact chassis that occupies just over 1 square foot of desktop or shelf space, the HD-AMP1 digital integrated amplifier features high resolution D/A conversion and compatibility with a wide range of uncompressed high resolution audio formats, including WAV, ALAC, FLAC and AIFF, and is also capable of decoding DSD tracks with compatibility of all 3 DSD sampling frequencies - 2.6/5.2/11.2-MHz (DSD is the audio format of SACD).
The powerful digital amplifier section features cool-running wide bandwidth and wide dynamic range Class D audiophile amplifier technology, delivering 35 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 70 watts per channel into 4 ohms, providing compatibility with the widest range of speaker types and impedances.
Featuring 2 USB ports, 1 on the front and 1 on the back, the HD-AMP1 lets you connect your favorite iDevice or USB drive to the front panel USB port, and your PC or Mac to the rear panel USB-B port to stream your high resolution audio tracks, and it features advanced noise isolation to guard against digital noise from degrading the high resolution sound.
Equipped with Marantz Musical Digital Filtering, their proprietary DSP filter technology, the HD-AMP1 lets you choose from 2 digital filter algorithms so you can precisely tailor the sound to your liking. The reference-class ESS SABRE DAC features 32-bit/384-kHz decoding for the highest resolution and widest dynamic range with today's advanced audiophile hi-res tracks.
The analog sections feature their exclusive HDAM-SA2 modules, including the analog front end block, the D/A converter block and in the dedicated headphone amplifier block. There are 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital inputs, along with 2 analog inputs, so you can connect the widest range of source components. The elegant chassis features a solid brushed aluminum front panel along with luxurious woodtone side panels.
Marantz HD-AMP1 Digital Integrated Amplifier Features:
High Resolution Audio Decoding
- Equipped with the reference-class ESS SABRE DAC that's paired with their exclusive HDAM-SA2 technology, the HD-AMP 1 delivers the ultimate high resolution listening experience with today's hi-res audio formats, and is capable of decoding uncompressed audio tracks up to 32-bit/384-kHz as well as DSD tracks (2.6/5.2/11.2-MHz). For optimum D/A conversion with virtually any sampling frequency the HD-AMP1 is equipped with dual master quartz clocks.
Marantz Musical Digital Filtering
- Marantz Musical Digital Filtering technology utilizes proprietary digital filter algorithms that extract the utmost fidelity with today's high resolution audio tracks, and they provide 2 different digital filtering options so you can easily tailor the sound quality to your exacting preference.
Dual USB Ports
- The front panel features a convenient USB port for direct connection to your favorite iDevice or you can connect a USB thumb drive or NAS. The rear panel USB-B port is reserved for direct connection to your PC or Mac, so you can stream your favorite high resolution music tracks, and it features advanced noise isolation to prevent digital noise from degrading the audio fidelity.
USB Auto Charge Function
- Listen to your favorite iDevice via the front panel USB port and charge it at the same time. When the HD-AMP1 is put into standby mode your device continues to charge until the battery reaches full capacity and then charging is automatically shut off. The USB port delivers a full 1A current output, the same current output provided by smart device USB chargers.
Advanced Class D Digital Power Amplifier
- The cool-running advanced Class D digital power amplifier stage features the latest technologies to deliver wide frequency response (to 50 kHz), wide dynamic range and lowest distortion. Rated at 35 watts per channel into 8 ohms, the HD-AMP1 is fully capable of driving lower impedance speakers and is rated at 70 watts per channel into 4 ohms.
Marantz Current Feedback Technology
- First introduced in the legendary Marantz tube amplifiers more than 55 years ago, their Current Feedback technology provides natural warmth and musicality compared to the standard negative feedback method, helping the HD-AMP1 deliver the utmost audio fidelity for the most enjoyable listening experience.
Marantz HDAM-SA2 Technology
- Their exclusive Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module technology was first introduced on the widely acclaimed CD players more than 30 years ago, and today remains a Marantz signature hallmark. Instead of using conventional IC chip op-amps, HDAM technology features precision discrete component circuit blocks that deliver wide frequency response, ultra-fast slew rate and lowest distortion.
- The HD-AMP1 features HDAM-SA2 in 3 circuit blocks, including the analog front end, the D/A converter section as well as the dedicated headphone amp block.
Multiple High Resolution Lossless Audio Formats Supported
- For maximum enjoyment with the widest range of audiophile high resolution lossless audio tracks, the HD-AMP1 can decode WAV, ALAC, FLAC and AIFF audio file types. It can also decode popular MP3, WMA and AAC tracks as well.
- Via the front panel USB port, the HD-AMP1 supports up to 24-bit/192-kHz high resolution files, while the rear panel USB-B port supports up to 32-bit/384-kHz ultra-high resolution tracks.
- And, the HD-AMP1 is one of the very few digital audiophile components that can decode all 3 DSD sampling frequencies - 2.6/5.2/11.2-MHz. DSD is the high resolution audio format of SACD.
Dual Analog Inputs
- For compatibility with analog audio sources such as a tuner, tape deck or any other source that's not equipped with digital audio outputs, the HD-AMP1 features 2 analog inputs.
Dedicated Headphone Circuit with Adjustable Gain and HDAM-SA2
- Designed to deliver the ultimate listening experience with the widest range of headphone types and impedances the HD-AMP1 features a dedicated headphone amplifier block that employs the exclusive HDAM-SA2 technology. There are 3 gain settings available in order to provide optimum matching with the widest range of headphone impedances.
Premium Grade Connectors
- The rear panel features gold plated analog and coaxial input connectors along with the exclusive SPKT-1 audiophile grade speaker connectors which feature multi-way connection ability for compatibility with the widest range of speaker cable terminations.
Elegant Chassis with Audiophile Construction
- The compact, elegant chassis features a premium brushed alloy front panel with matching knobs along with with the signature Porthole round front panel 2-line display which features 3 dimming levels and off. The stylish woodtone side panels add a luxurious touch and the robust chassis features their rugged dual bottom plate construction for maximum rigidity coupled to aluminum alloy chassis feet for maximum vibration resistance.
Marantz HD-AMP1 Digital Integrated Amplifier Specifications:
- DAC operation mode: USB / Coax / Optical
- Asynchronous mode rear USB
- Bit-perfect transmission
- USB-B DSD Audio Streaming: DSD2.8 / DSD5.6 / DSD11.2
- Ground isolator for DAC Mode operation
- iPod / iPhone compatible USB input
- DAC chip: SABRE ES9010K2M
- HDAM version: HDAM SA2
- High Grade Audio Components
- Customized Components
- Headphone Out
- Headphone Volume Control
- Headphone Gain Control (low / mid / high)
- Analog Input: 2
- Digital Optical In / Out: 2 / -
- Digital Coaxial In / Out: 1 / -
- Sample Rate digital In: 192kHz/24bit
- Number of Speaker Terminals: 2x Marantz SPKT-1
- Gold Plated Cinch
- Front USB
- USB type B input for Computer (back)
- Asynchronous mode rear USB
- Sample Rate USB type B In: 384kHz/32bit
- USB-B DSD Audio Streaming: DSD2.8 / DSD5.6 / DSD11.2
- Power Output (8 / 4 Ohm RMS): 35W / 70W
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 50 kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 105 dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.05%
- Remote Control RC002HD
- Power Consumption in W: 55
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.3
- Auto Power off
- Detachable Power Cable
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) in inches: 12.0 x 13.9 x 4.2
- Weight in lbs: 12.8