CD5005 Single Disc CD Player
Combining exclusive Marantz technologies and elegant styling, the CD5005 compact disc player features the reference class CS4398 24 bit/192 kHz D/A converter along with our HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology to deliver pure sonic performance. The center-mounted CD drive mechanism is compatible with music CD, CD-R and CD-RW discs, and the player features multiple file type playback capability, including MP3, WMA and AAC file types.
Of special interest to musicians, the CD5005 features adjustable pitch, which allows fine tuning of the tempo and the Audio EX modes can disable the pitch control, the digital audio outputs and the front panel display for maximum fidelity.
- Playback of CD, CD-R/RW, MP3 and WMA discs
- New mechanism (same as CD6005)
- Marantz HDAM-SA2 circuitry on board
- High quality new 192kHz/24bit DAC
- Fully discrete for Headphone Amp circuit
- Customized audio components
- Accurate System Clock
- Gold Plated L/R/Coax Outputs
Marantz HDAM Technology
- Instead of employing conventional IC-based op amp chips in the final audio output stage, the CD5005 features our exclusive HDAM-SA2 discrete component modules, which provide wide bandwidth, fast slew rate, lowest noise and lowest distortion. The HDAM-SA2 is a highly refined HDAM module, with superior performance compared to earlier HDAM versions, and is found on our high end disc players and our audiophile network audio players.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion
- For compatibility with the widest range of audio formats, the CD5005 features the reference class CS4398 24 bit/192 kHz digital to analog converter, the same device found on our premium models.
Fully Discrete Headphone Amplifier
- The all discrete headphone amplifier section features premium components selected for top audio fidelity, and is compatible with the widest range of headphone types, including low impedance models, and features a front panel adjustable volume control
Adjustable Pitch Control
- The CD5005 features adjustable pitch, which lets you vary the tempo of the music, and is of special interest to musicians. It can adjust the pitch of CD digital audio as well as PCM-based audio file types.
Audio EX Modes
For highest sound quality, the CD5005 includes 2 Audio EX modes:
- Audio EX Mode 1 disables the pitch control and the digital audio outputs.
- Audio EX Mode 2 disables the pitch control and the digital audio outputs, and blanks the front panel display during playback (the display returns when playback is stopped or paused), and is the preferred mode for the best possible playback fidelity from the analog audio outputs.
Optical and Coaxial Digital Audio Outputs
- For compatibility with the widest range of external digital audio devices and decoders, the CD5005 features both optical and coaxial digital audio outputs.
Gold Plated Audio Connectors
- To ensure optimum signal transfer and long term signal integrity, the CD5005 features gold plated analog audio output connectors.
System Remote Control
- The ergonomic remote control features a user-friendly keypad layout, with additional dedicated buttons to control a Marantz amplifier and a Marantz network audio player
Remote Control Input and Output
- Connect the CD5005 to a Marantz amplifier via the remote control output port and from the amp to a Marantz network audio player for reliable remote control operation. This lets you place the CD5005 on a shelf for easy accessibility, while the amplifier and network audio player can be tucked away in a cabinet, to reduce visual system clutter.
Two line Fluorescent Display
- The easy to read fluorescent display features clear alpha-numeric characters as well as a range of punctuation characters for instant readout of track titles, artist/album names and other information. The CD5005 is also compatible with music discs that feature CD Text.
60+ Years of Audiophile Heritage
- Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audiophile components that have been embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in our lives, the CD5005 carries on our long tradition of delivering a superlative music listening experience.
- Marantz HDAM: HDAM-SA2
- D/A Converter: CS4392
- Power Transformer: EI Core
- High performance audio grade capacitors: (Multi-bit, Delta-Sigma)
- Current-buffered headphone output: Yes
- Audio EX mode: Yes
- Display Off: Yes
- CD Text / ID3 tags: Yes
- Quick Reply: All/1/A-B
- Random Play: Yes
- Repeat Play: 5-60 sec. variable
- Recording Edit Mode: Yes
- AMS (Auto Music Scan) Mode: Yes
- Peak Search: Yes
- Pitch Control: Yes
- Headphone Level Control: Yes
- Analog L&R Out: 2 channel
- Digital Optical Out: 1
- Digital Coaxial Out: 1
- Headphone Out: 1
- Marantz D-Bus Remote (RC-5) In/Out: 1/1
- External Control: Flasher In - 1
- AC Inlet and Detachable Power Cord: Yes (IEC320)
- Disc Capacity: 1
- Number of Channels: 2
- Playback Disc: DC, CD-R, CD-RW
- Playback Formats: CD-DA (16-Bit Linear PCM), MP3, WMA (does NOT support WMA-DRM files)
- Sampling Frequency: CD:44.1kHz, MP3/WMA:32, 44.1, 48kHz
- Frequency Response: 2Hz - 20kHz
- Dynamic Range: 100dB
- S/N Ratio: 110dB
- Channel Separation: 98dB
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.002% (1kHz)
- Analog Audio Output Level: 2.25V rms, Stereo
- Headphone Output Level: 18 mW/32 Ohms (variable maximum)
- Digital Coaxial Out: 0.5 Vp-p, 75 Ohms
- Color: Black
- Front Panel: Metal
- Remote Control: Simple
- Power Requirement: AC120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 14W
- Standby Consumption: 0.3W
- Dimensions W x H x D (inches): 17.3" x 4.1" x 13.3"
- Weight (lbs): 11 lbs
- Optional Rack Mount Kit: RMK5003PCD