Home AV8802A Network A/V Preamplifier
Our take on the Marantz AV8802A
The Marantz AV8802A preamplifier is everything you need to enjoy absolute home theater entertainment bliss. With Dolby Atmos built in, this preamplifier can pinpoint acoustical imaging at precise locations within the room. Built in network feature will allow you to enter an unexplored world of content with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capability, and support for internet radio and subscription streaming services.
AV8802A Network A/V Preamplifier
Experience the ultimate in home theater enjoyment with the Marantz AV8802A Network A/V surround processor/pre-amp/tuner, which combines advanced DSP and DAC technologies along with exclusive Marantz innovations such as HDAM and Current Feedback.
Enjoy the ultimate in cinematic surround sound with Dolby Atmos, the most advanced motion picture surround sound system ever developed. Dolby Atmos features object-based soundspace creation and reproduction, with the ability to place sound elements with pinpoint precision via front, side and surround speakers along with overhead speakers or up-firing Dolby Atmos enabled speakers.
You'll enjoy a whole new world of content thanks to the many built-in network features, which includes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless connectivity, and support for internet radio along with subscription streaming services including Pandora, SiriusXM and Spotify Connect.
Dolby Atmos Surround Decoding
- Introduced in premier movie theaters in 2012, Dolby Atmos has become the de facto standard for enveloping and immersive motion picture sound, and features the ability to dramatically expand the dimensional sound experience through the use of multiple overhead loudspeakers that can be individually addressed, to allow pinpoint acoustical imaging at precise locations within the room. Since its introduction, Dolby Atmos has been embraced by award-winning directors, sound designers and soundtrack mixers, and many recent blockbuster movies feature soundtracks mastered in Dolby Atmos.
- Now, Marantz brings the Dolby Atmos experience home, and the AV8802A features outputs that can be configured for 1 or 2 pairs of overhead speakers and/or add-on Dolby Atmos speaker modules.
- The Atmos decoder also features upconversion from conventional surround soundtracks to deliver the ultimate three-dimensional experience with your favorite movies and concerts.
- Auro-3D is the next generation three-dimensional audio standard. It provides a realistic sound experience unlike anything before. By fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound,
- Auro-3D creates the sensation of actually being there. Thanks to a unique 'Height' channel configuration, recorded acoustic reflections are reproduced by these speakers and are heard naturally due to the fact that sounds originate from around as well as above the listener.
- Once upgraded with the Auro- Codec Decoder, the AV8802A is capable of decoding the original Auro-3D mix and playing back an Auro 10.1 channel configuration (including Voice of God channel). The Auro-3D Upgrade can be purchased for $199.
Advanced Front Soundstage Expansion Modes
- In addition, the AV8802A features multiple front soundstage expansion modes. DTS Neo:X | 11.1 provides additional front height and front width channel options. Audyssey DSX also provides for front height and width channels.
Advanced Wireless Networking with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Stream your favorite audio tracks wirelessly to the AV8802A thanks to the built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi (b/g/n) wireless functions. Equipped with dual Bluetooth/Wi-Fi antennas, the AV8802A lets you enjoy wireless streaming from your smartphone, tablet and portable music player.
- Via the Wi-Fi or LAN connection to your home network, the AV8802A opens up a whole world of streaming audio capabilities, letting you listen to any of thousands of internet radio stations. You can also enjoy streaming music from subscription services including SiriusXM and Pandora and listen to Spotify via the Spotify Connect app on your smart device.
- The AV8802A is also equipped with Apple AirPlay, so you can stream wirelessly from your iPod touch, iPhone and iPad.
- You can also connect the AV8802A directly to your home network via the wired RJ-45 LAN connection, and there's a convenient front panel USB port for direct connection and charging to your iPod, iPod touch, iPhone and iPad, and connection to a portable USB device.
4K Ultra HD Video Processing; 4K 50/60Hz Pass-through; 4:4:4 Pure Color
- Featuring an advanced video processing section, the AV8802A fully supports next generation 4K Ultra HD high resolution video, along with the latest generation HDMI specification including 4K 50/60Hz pass-through and 4:4:4 Pure Color full color resolution sub-sampling.
- The AV8802A can upscale 1080p content to 4K and also upscale and transcode HD and SD analog video sources, so you can connect modern as well as legacy video sources and run just a single HDMI cable to your flat panel TV or projector.
ISFccc Video Calibration Controls
- Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the AV8802A features a full selection of advanced ISFccc video calibration adjustments that lets a video calibration technician optimize picture quality with any TV or front projector.
8 HDMI Inputs, 3 HDMI Outputs
- There are 8 HDMI inputs including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, and 3 HDMI outputs that let you drive 2 different displays in the main room (flat panel and front projector, for example) and another HDMI display in the 2nd zone, and they conform to the latest HDMI specification for 4K Ultra HD compatibility. The AV8802A also features full HDCP 2.2 compatibility, a requirement for 4K Ultra HD copy-protected content. In addition HDR – High Dynamic Range – and extended color space by standard BT.2020 are supported.
AM/FM HD Radio
- Enjoy your favorite radio stations with digital clarity via HD Radio. With HD Radio, AM sounds like FM, and FM sounds like CD.
Audyssey Platinum Suite
- With Audyssey MultEQ XT32, you can quickly and easily measure and configure your particular home theater setup for optimum sound quality precisely tailored to your home theater room's acoustics. With 8 measurement points, MultEQ XT32 generates a full set of precision digital filters to deliver the most accurate and natural tonal balance. The AV8002 is also Audyssey Installer Pro ready for even more acoustical calibration accuracy.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume tames large variances in volume levels (such as loud commercials), and Dynamic EQ delivers a full range tonal balance at any volume level. Audyssey LFC (Low Frequency Containment) uses advanced psycho-acoustic algorithms to provide deep bass without annoying neighbors or other family members. Audyssey DSX provides dynamic sound expansion, dramatically expanding the front soundstage via additional front wide, front height or even front wide and front height audio channels.
Exclusive HDAM Technology and Current Feedback
- Featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technology found on their Reference Series components, the AV8802A incorporates multiple HDAM modules which provide superior low noise wideband performance in an all-discrete configuration, compared to conventional op amp ICs. HDAM technology provides an ultra-fast slew rate for true wideband response and maximum dynamic range to deliver optimum sound quality with today is high resolution audio formats.
- In addition to HDAM technology, the AV8802A also features Current Feedback instead of the typical voltage feedback configuration. A Marantz innovation introduced on their very first audiophile amplifiers more than 60 years ago, Current Feedback technology provides a wide closed-loop bandwidth and very high slew rate, delivering superior fidelity with wideband audio sources.
Multiple High Resolution Audio Formats Supported
- The AV8802A supports a wide range of audio file types, including MP3, WAV, MPEG-4 AAC and WMA. It also supports high resolution audio tracks up to 24-bit/192-kHz including AIFF, ALAC and FLAC formats, and includes gapless playback capability with many file types for uninterrupted listening enjoyment. It also plays 2.8-MHz DSD high resolution audio files (DSD is the advanced high resolution audio coding system for SACD).
Multiple Control Options
- In addition to easy operation with the supplied ergonomically-designed remote control, the AV8802A features additional control capabilities. There's an RS-232C serial port for direct connection to external automation equipment.
- The Marantz app (available in iOS and Android versions) lets you operate the AV8802A from your favorite device, such as a smartphone and tablet.
- You can also operate the AV8802A via web connection - open your favorite browser and easily control and configure the AV8802A, even when you're not at home.
- Audyssey DSX (Dynamic Surround Expansion) lets you add a pair of front wide or front height speakers to your 5.1 speaker system to expand the front soundstage turning your room into a giant home theater space.
32-bit D/A Conversion on All Channels; Balanced XLR Input and Outputs
- Featuring premium grade AK4490 32-bit DACs on all channels, the AV8802A also features XLR input and outputs. There's a balanced XLR stereo input that's assignable as well as 15 balanced XLR outputs, which includes the 2 subwoofer outputs and front height/width and overhead channels.
- This extensive balanced XLR compatibility ensures top performance in the home as well as the studio, especially when there are long cable runs between the AV8802A and power amplifiers situated elsewhere. 19 pre-outs (RCA jacks) provide additional compatibility with multiple power amplifier types.
3 Zone/3 Source Advanced Multi-room Capability
- Enjoy your favorite movie or music in the main room, while others can enjoy listening to 2 different sources in other rooms. The Zone 2 and Zone 3 pre-amp outputs both feature variable level controls.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
- The AV8802A comes with a Quick Setup guide, and has an intuitive on-screen Setup Assistant that will have your system fully configured with a minimum of fuss and bother. You can even control the setup via your PC's web browser or use their available Marantz Remote app with your favorite smart device.
60+ Years of Audiophile Heritage
- Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components that have been embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in their lives, the AV8802A carries on their long tradition of delivering a superlative music listening experience, and it's equipped to deliver the ultimate home theater experience as well.
- DTS HD Master/DTS:X
- DTS Neutral:X
- Dolby TrueHD/Dolby Atmos
- Dolby Surround
- Auro 3D
- Audyssey DSX
- Multichannel Stereo
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 11.2
- Copper Plated Chassis
- Power Transformer: Toroidal
- Current Feedback Topology
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM)
- Pure Direct
- High Grade Audio Components
- Gold Plated RCA Terminals
- Clock Jitter Reducer
- Audyssey: MultEQ XT32 (PRO)
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ/Dynamic Volume
- Audyssey LFC
- Compressed Audio Enhancer: MDAX2
- DLNA Certified: v1.5
- Lossy Formats: FLAC/ALAC/WAV
- DSD Audio Streaming
- FLAC HD 192/24
- WAV 192/24
- ALAC 96/24
- Gapless Playback: FLAC, WAV
- Photo Streaming: JPEG
- AirPlay Audio Streaming
- Windows PlayTo/Windows 8 Certified
- Internet Radio: vTuner
- Spotify Connect/Pandora/SiriusXM
- Compatible with Remote App for Smart Phones
- Compatible with Remote App for Tablets
- Ethernet Ports
- HDMI Inputs (Back/Front): 7/1
- HDCP2.2 Support
- HDMI Outputs (Main/Zone): 2/1
- Video Conversion Analog -> HDMI
- Analog to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- HMDI to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- GUI Overlay on HDMI
- HDMI: 3D/4K/CEC/ARC
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode
- Picture Adjust/Noise Reduction
- DSD Audio Capability
- Auto LipSync
Multi-room / CI
- Multi-Room Zones: 3
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI/Opt, Coax/Network, USB/Analog
- Zone Audio Output: Preout
- Zone HDMI Output from HDMI Source
- IP Control/RS232 Control/Web Control/App Control
- IR Flasher In
- Marantz Remote Bus
- DC Trigger Output: 2
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone
- FL Display
- Graphic User Interface - GUI
- ISF Certification
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant
- Smart Select
- Firmware Update by Network/USB
- Variable Cross Over
- Optimized Bass Redirection
- Bass Sync
- Auto Power Off
- Sleep Timer
- Composite In/Out: 4+1/2
- Component In/Out: 3/1
- HDMI In/Out: 7+1/3
- Multi-Room Video Out: Video/HDMI
- Analog In/Out: 6+1 (1x XLR)
- Phono (MM) In
- Digital In (Optical/Coaxial): 2/2
- Multi-Room Out: Analog (2)
- Multichannel Pre Out: 13.2 RCA & 13.2 XLR
- Subwoofer Out: 2 (independent)
- 7.1 Multichannel Input
- Speaker A/B: assignable pre out
- Bi-Amp Drive: assignable pre out
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal: pre out
- Front Inputs: Audio/Composite/HDMI/USB
- USB Audio/Made for iPod/Made for iPhone
- HD Radio (AM/FM)
- Metal Front Panel
- System Remote Control: RC027SR
- Pre-Programmed/Learnable/LCD Display
- Power Consumption in W: 90
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.2
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 4.5
- Maximum Dimensions:
- Antenna:Horizontal:(W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 16.1 x 7.3
- Antenna:Vertical :(W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 16.1 x 9.8
- W/o Antenna:(W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 15.3 x 7.3
- Weight in lbs: 30