AV7704 11.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Pre-Amplifier with HEOS
The extremely versatile AV7704 perfectly and expertly handles any kind of high-resolution multichannel audio format. Superb surround sound audio quality from the latest surround formats including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro-3D. The AV7704 even enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz's own current feedback HDAMs preamp, before passing them to the high-quality 11.2 channel XLR or 11.2 RCA outputs and separate power amp.
Full wireless connectivity is provided by both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Apple's Airplay is supported for simple wireless music streaming. High resolution audio formats and playback are fully supported for incredible fidelity. There is even a Phono MM input - ideal for those precious vinyls.
With built-in HEOS technology, the AV7704 becomes a part of the HEOS wireless multi-room music network that enables you to enjoy your favorite music anywhere and everywhere around your home. You can explore, browse, and play music from your own music library, from online streaming music services, and from thousands of Internet Radio stations using the free HEOS app.
Prepared for the future, the AV7704 features an advanced video section that's fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, BT.2020, Dolby Vision, and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through support on every input, the AV7704 is ready for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes, and other 4K Ultra HD sources. eARC (Enhanced Audio Retun Channel) support via firmware update. In addition, the AV7704 can upscale standard and high definition analog and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources.
Marantz MM-series power amplifer lineup adds perfecton to your system. It's all there, just waiting to perform.
- 11.2 channel AV Pre-Amplifier with 11.2ch XLR and RCA pre-outs > Flexible pre-amplifier stages for the advanced home cinema enthusiast
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X (up to 7.1.4) and Auro-3D Immersive 3D sound with effects from overhead
- High performance 192kHz/32bit D/A converters for all channels > Highest resolution for music and movie sound
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and DynamicEQ >Delivering the ultimate equalization for your individual room
- Built-in Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support; built-in Bluetooth > Improved network stability especially in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- HEOS Wireless Music Streaming Technology with HEOS App > Comfortable control options and almost unlimited music sources
- 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through> Latest HDMI standard for future-proof compatibility
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Retun Channel) support via firmware update > eARC supports the most advanced audo formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection betweeen AVRs and compatible TVs
- 8 HDMI inputs (incl. 1 front) with full HDCP 2.2 support; 3 HDMI outputs (zone) > Plenty of inputs for your digital devices; different video in different rooms
- Analogue (excluding 1080p component input) to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling for legacy video sources > Full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analogue sources
- AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet Radio, music streaming services such as Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Amazon Prime Music, TIDAL, and more > Access to almost unlimited online music sources via the HEOS app
- Network Music Streaming: DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC, and WAVsupport > High Resolution audio streaming for HiFi enthusiasts
- Color-coded speaker terminals, Setup Assistant, Marantz 2016 AVR RemoteApp > Hassle-free installation, setup and operation
- Marantz-own HDAMs in Current Feedback topology
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume, for real-time volume adjustment
- Audyssey DynamicEQ, improves surround effects during low volume levels
- High-grade audio components
- High-performance 192kHz/32-bit D/A converters for all channels
- Multi-Source/Multi-room (2nd and 3rd zone via zone pre-out)
- Optimized Bass redirection, for powerful bass performance in configurations without subwoofer
- Clock Jitter Reducer
- Label sheet for marking Speaker Wires & HDMI Cables
- Comes with simple, easy-to-use remote control handset
- Setup Assistant, providing easy-to-follow setup instructions, and Advanced Graphical User Interface
- Marantz AVR Remote for iOS, Android and Kindle
- 4 Smart Select buttons - can be used to store favorite sources, internet radio stations and preferred settings
- Standby HDMI Pass through
- Auto Standby and low power consumption at stand-by 0.2W
- Smart TV connectivity
Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro-3D
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround sound technologies dispense with channel-based coding in favor of object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. The AV7704, features the ability to connect a 7.1 surround sound speaker system and 4 additional overhead speakers (or 4 additional Dolby Atmos elevation speakers) via separate power amplifiers for the ultimate home cinema experience. Dolby Surround Upmixer and DTS Neural:X Upmixer are also in place to simulate 3D sound from standard formats.
By fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound, Auro-3D puts you right in the middle of the action. Auro-3D provides an immersive surround sound experience thanks to dedicated height and overhead channels, in addition to the regular channels. The height information, captured in recording or created during the mixing process, is mixed into a standard 5.1 PCM stream that comes with a regular Blu-ray. Moreover, the Auro-3D engine recognizes mono, stereo, 5.1 surround or an Auro-encoded signal and transforms them into 3D audio. The Auro-Codec decoder, the AV7704 is capable of decoding the original Auro-3D mix and playing back an Auro-3D 10.1 channel configuration (with external amplifier).
HDAM Discrete Buffer Amplifier Modules
The AV7704 features Marantz's latest HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) components, which consist of matched precision discrete selected circuit elements on a compact sub-board, instead of conventional op-amp integrated circuits, along with ultra wide-band response (100 kHz, -3 dB) for a wide-open soundstage with refined detail reproduction.
Built-In Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay Capability
Featuring Bluetooth & Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the AV7704 is equipped with an advanced dual antenna transceiver system, for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. With Apple's AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listing to your favorite tracks wirelessly from your favorite iOS device such as iPhone and iPad.
With built-in HEOS technology, the AV7704 will become a key component of the HEOS wireless multi-room system. You can enjoy your favorite music anywhere and everywhere around your home with free HEOS app. Command music in every room from any device with the free HEOS app. Play the same song in every room, or a different song in every room. Explore available HEOS products.
The HEOS app will open the gate to multiple steaming services to play on your AV7704 or any other connected HEOS devices for endless fun! Those services include Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn Internet Radio, Amazon Prime Music, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Soundcloud, TIDAL, Napster, Deezer, or Amazon Music Unlimited. You can also stream music contents using the HEOS app from your phone, USB stick, or local drives such as NAS connected to the same network. Favorites and playlist functions are also supported.
Marantz 2016 AVR Remote
Designed from the ground up, the Marantz 2016 AVR Remote is a brand new app for iOS, Android Phone, and Tablet devices that will give you an unprecedented level of command and control over the latest generation of Marantz network AV Receivers. Along with many new features, the graphics and user interface have been completely overhauled. Control the basic functions of your Marantz product with power, volume, input, and settings. Inside the app, you can switch instantly to the HEOS App to access an incredible level of control over your music contents and streaming services, blast full HEOS wireless multi-room control.
The AV7704 lets you discover the incredible fidelity of high resolution audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192-kHz ALAC, FLAC, and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8MHz and 5.6MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front panel USB port and network sources, and you can also listen to other popular file types such as MP3.
Smart TV Connectivity
Via the HDMI CEC (consumer electronics control) functionality in your Smart TV, you may be able to control your Marantz AVR with the Smart TV's remote control. With "HDMI control" set to ON in your receiver, you can set "Smart Menu" to ON to start controlling your Marantz AVR with your Smart TV's remote. The Smart Menu home screen provides you quick access to source and surround mode selections, the AVR's setup menu, and 4 Smart Selects.
Latest HDMI 2.0a Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible; ISF-Certified
Prepared for the future, the AV7704 features an advanced video section that's fully compatible with the latest HDMI and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the AV7704 is ready for 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes, and other 4K Ultra HD sources. Dolby Vision compatibility is newly supported, too. HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), new HDR format for broadcasting, pass-through capability will be also supported via firmware update in the future.
Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the AV7704 features a full suite of video calibration controls (for use by an ISF technician), along with ISF Day and ISF Night video modes.
The video processor also has the ability to transcode and upconvert standard definition and high definition analogue and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources. The AV7704 features 8 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, and 3 HDMI outputs - 2 for the main zone, and 1 for the 2nd zone.
eARC Object-Based Audio Support
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports object-based audio from your TV to the AVR. With the AVR-X3400H, you can enjoy Dolby Atmos or DTS:X from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for the simplest setup. This feature will be enabled via future firmware update.
Most Advanced Audyssey Room Correction Suite
Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms, the AV7704 features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. Audyssey Dynamic Volume smoothes out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels and still enjoy clear dialogue, music, and sound effects. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides precision tonal tailoring for full range clarity at any listening level.
Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
With a single subwoofer, optimum placement within the room for the best bass response isn't always possible. Depending on the location, bass response at the main listening position can be uneven with audible peaks and dips. With 2 subwoofers positioned in different locations, response averaging evens out the low bass range for more accurate bass anywhere in the listening area.
You can enjoy your favorite movie in the main room, while others enjoy stereo sound from different sources in 2 other rooms. The AV7704 is equipped with 2nd and 3rd stereo zone pre-amp output. There's also a dedicated HDMI output for 2nd zone audio and video so you can have 2 different video sources in 2 different rooms at the same time.
Convenient USB Port
With the convenient front panel USB port, you can connect a USB drive and listen to files from MP3 all the way up to high resolution DSD (2.8/5.6 MHz), and lossless FLAC lossless (up to 24-bit/192-kHz).
Easy-to-Use Smart Select Functions
There are 4 Smart Select function buttons on the front panel and the remote control. These let you choose your favorite sources and each one remembers your preferred sound mode for that source.
Easy to Set Up, Easy to Use
Featuring a clear, easy-to-understand graphical on-screen display, the AV7704 guides you through the setup process that ensures the right configuration the very first time. Marantz's exclusive Setup Assistant and the included Quick Start guide together provide easy setup guidance, optimizing critical settings for the best possible sound quality with your particular equipment configuration.
External Control Capabilities
The AV7704 is equipped with a range of features that provide enhanced control capabilities and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions.
For remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system, the AV7704 features an IR (infrared) remote control input and remote control output on the rear panel, along with dual 12V trigger outputs. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, the AV7704 is equipped with an RS-232C serial port.
The AV7704 also features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) and Crestron Connected certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 and Crestron home automation equipment.
60+ Years of Audiophile Heritage
Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components that have been embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in our lives, the AV7704 carries on our long tradition of delivering a superlative music listening experience, and it's equipped to deliver the ultimate home theater experience as well.
- Input sensitivity: 200mV
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 100kHz - +1, -3dB (Direct mode)
- S/N: 105dB (IHF-A weighted, Direct mode)
- Distortion: 0.005% (20Hz - 20kHz) (Direct mode)
- Rated output
- Unbalanced RCA pre-output: 1.2V
- Balanced XLR pre-output: 2.4V
- D/A output
- Rated output: 2V (at 0dB playback)
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.008% (1kHz, at 0dB)
- S/N ratio: 102dB
- Dynamic range: 100dB
- Digital input
- Format: Digital audio interface
- D/A output
- Phono equalizer
- Input: 2.5mV
- RIAA deviation: ±1dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
- S/N: 74dB (IHF-A)
- Distortion factor: 0.03 (1kHz, 3V)
- Standard video connectors
- Input/output level and impedance: 1Vp-p, 75Ω/ohms
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 10MHz: 0, -3dB
- Color component video connector
- Input/output level and impedance
- Y signal: 1Vp-p, 75Ω/ohms
- Frequency response: 5Hz - 60MHz: 0, -3dB
- Input/output level and impedance
- Reception frequency range: 87.5MHz - 107.9MHz
- Effective sensitivity: 1.2μV (12.8dBf)
- 50dB sensitivity
- Mono: 70dB (IHF-A weighted, Direct mode)
- Stereo: 67dB (IHF-A weighted, Direct mode)
- Mono: 0.7% (1kHz)
- Stereo: 1.0% (1kHz)
- Reception frequency range: 520kHz - 1710kHz
- Effective sensitivity: 18μV
- Network type (wireless LAN Standard): Conforming to IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n (Wi-Fi compliant)
- WEP 64bit, WEP 128 bit
- WPA/WPA2-PSK (AES)
- WPA/WPA2-PSK (TKIP)
- Used frequency range: 2.4GHz, 5GHz
- Communications system: Bluetooth specification version 3.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Transmission power: Bluetooth specification power class 1
- Maximum communication range: Approximately 98.4 feet/30m in line of sight
- Used frequency range: 2.4GHz
- Modulation scheme: FHSS (Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum)
- Supported profits
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) 1.2
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) 1.5
- Corresponding codec: SBC
- Transmission range (A2DP): 20Hz - 20,000Hz
- Power supply: AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 60W
- Power consumption in standby mode: 0.2W
- Power consumption in CEC standby mode: 0.5W
- HDMI In: 8
- HDMI Out: 3
- USB: 1 on front panel
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- AV7704 11.2 Channel Full 4K Ultra HD A/V Pre-Amplifier
- Remote control
- AM/FM antennas
- Wire labels
- Quick start guide
- Audyssey microphone
- Cardboard microphone stand