The extremely versatile AV7702mkII perfectly and expertly handles any kind of high-resolution multichannel audio format. It also offers an extended network package including audio streaming, internet radio, Spotify Connect, Pandora, SiriusXM and AirPlay. It even includes built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities.
Superb surround sound audio quality from the latest tone formats is guaranteed by the powerful 32-Bit SHARC DSP offering high channel separation that leaves no chance for any crosstalk. Tone formats include the latest decoding technologies Dolby Atmos, DTS:X via future firmware update and Auro-3D (optional paid upgrade) - which not only provide breath-taking surround sound but also open the door to 3D sound. The DSP is supported by high quality 192kHz /32 bit DAC.
In addition, the 11.2 channel AV7702mkII further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via the Marantz's own current feedback HDAMs preamp, before passing them to the high-quality 11.2 XLR or 13.2 RCA outputs and separate power amp. The AV7702mkII also takes supreme care of video signals via the eight HDMI 4k 60Hz pass-through / scaling inputs and sends them to the two HDMI output sockets or independently to the third HDMI output that is dedicated for multi-room. All of them support HDCP 2.2 copy protection for 4k UHD content. There is even a Phono MM input - ideal for those precious vinyls. Setup and operation is quick and easy via the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 auto-calibration and high-resolution Graphic User Interface. It's all there, just waiting to perform.
Marantz AV7702mkII 11.2 Channel 4K A/V Pre-Tuner Features:
Latest HDMI 2.0a Connectivity; HDCP 2.2 Compatible; ISF-Certified
- Prepared for the future, the AV7702mkII features an advanced video section that's fully compatible with the latest HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 specifications on all 8 HDMI inputs. With 4K Ultra HD 60Hz video, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through support on every input, the AV7702mkII is ready for the next generation of Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes and other 4K Ultra HD sources. Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the AV7702mkII features a full suite of video calibration controls (for use by an ISF technician), along with ISF Day and ISF Night video modes.
- The video processor also has the ability to transcode and upconvert standard definition and high definition analog and digital video content to 4K Ultra HD, breathing new life into your favorite legacy sources.
- The AV7702mkII features 8 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, and 3 HDMI outputs - 2 for the main zone, and 1 for the 2nd zone.
Dolby Atmos Built-In; DTS:X Ready
- Dolby's new Atmos surround sound technology dispenses with channel-based coding in favor of more advanced object-based coding, giving the sound designer the ability to precisely place sounds anywhere in the 3-dimensional space. Now, you can enjoy this same award-winning technology at home with the AV7702mkII, which features the ability to connect a 5.1 surround sound speaker system and 2 additional overhead speakers or 2 additional Dolby Atmos elevation speakers for the ultimate home theater experience. Thanks to the 9ch processing capability, you can just add an external 2-channel amplifier and even enjoy a thrilling 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 channel Atmos experience. Along with Dolby Atmos decoding and Dolby Surround Upmixing, the AV7702mkII also features Dolby TrueHD lossless decoding and other Dolby Digital technologies.
- The latest immersive surround sound system, DTS:X, features object-based audio coding that lets the sound designer place sonic elements anywhere in the 3D acoustic soundspace, and provides for overhead speakers to deliver a stunning surround sound experience. The AV7702MKII also features DTS-HD Master Audio and other DTS technologies. DTS:X and DTS Neural:X Upmixer will be enabled via future firmware update. For more info, please visit www.marantz.com./dtsx
- By fully immersing the listener in a cocoon of life-like sound, Auro-3D puts you right in the middle of the action. Auro-3D provides an immersive surround sound experience thanks to dedicated height and overhead channels, in addition to the regular channels. The height information, captured in recording or created during the mixing process, is mixed into a standard 5.1 PCM stream that comes with a regular Blu-ray. Moreover, the Auro-3D Engine combines different technologies to guarantee an optimum 3D sound experience generated both natively and from existing audio content. It recognizes mono, stereo, 5.1 surround or an Auro-encoded signal and transforms them into 3D audio. Once upgraded with the Auro-Codec decoder, the Marantz AV7702mkII is capable of decoding the original Auro-3D mix and playing back an Auro-3D 10.1 channel configuration (with external 2-channel amplifier). Auro-3D upgrade availability and pricing to be announced.
Advanced HDAM Discrete Buffer Amplifier Modules
- The AV7702mkII features Marantz's latest HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) components, which consist of matched precision discrete selected circuit elements on a compact sub-board, instead of conventional op-amp integrated circuits. These advanced HDAM modules provide a full 10 dB of signal-to-noise improvement over earlier HDAM versions, along with ultra wide-band response (100 kHz, -3 dB) for a wide-open soundstage with refined detail reproduction.
Built-in Bluetooth, Built-in Wi-Fi and AirPlay, DLNA
- Wirelessly stream your favorite tracks to the AV7702mkII via the built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The Bluetooth function features automatic power on and pairing, and up to 8 devices can be remembered. The AV7702mkII also features dual antennas for even better Wi-Fi and Bluetooth transmission and reception coverage compared to a single antenna. The AV7702mkII is equipped with Apple AirPlay, which lets you stream content from your iPod touch, iPad and iPhone, and there's also DLNA compatibility which lets you access content from your PC or Mac via your home network. Enjoy a world of internet radio, and listen to your favorite tracks from subscription music services including Spotify Connect, Pandora, and SiriusXM (not available in all markets).
Built-in HD Radio Tuner
- The built-in AM/FM tuner features HD Radio for superior sound quality.
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
- The handy Quick Setup guide along with the intuitive on-screen Setup Assistant will have your AV7702mkII up and running with a minimum of fuss and bother. You can even control the setup via your PC's web browser, or use Marantz's available iOS and Android apps with your favorite smart device.
Marantz Remote App
- For easy setup and use, the AV7702mkII can be controlled by the supplied remote and also be controlled by your favorite smartphone and tablet devices. Marantz Remote app is available in both iOS and Android versions for compatibility with the broadest range of smartphones and tablets.
Convenient USB Port
- The USB port, conveniently located on the front panel, lets you connect a USB drive directly and stream your favorite audio tracks. You can also connect your iOS device, such as an iPod, iPhone and iPad, and stream music while charging your device at the same time.
Audyssey Platinum Built-in
- Equipped with the full Audyssey Platinum suite of advanced DSP algorithms, the AV7702mkII features Audyssey MultEQ XT32 automatic room acoustic correction. With the supplied measurement microphone, MultEQ XT32 analyzes each speaker's output (including the subwoofers) at up to 8 measurement locations and generates precision digital filters that optimize each channel for the correct frequency and time domain response. The AV7702mkII is also Audyssey Pro Installer ready.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume smoothes out annoying jumps in volume (such as TV commercials), letting you listen at lower levels and still enjoy clear dialog, music and sound effects. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides precision tonal tailoring for full range clarity at any listening level.
- Audyssey Low Frequency Containment uses advanced psychoacoustic algorithms to deliver a full range tonal balance, including deep bass, but without disturbing close-by neighbors or family members in other rooms, and features a multi-step adjustment that lets you dial in the amount of containment to your preference.
- Audyssey Sub EQ HT provides individual DSP tailoring of each subwoofer in a dual subwoofer setup, for deeper bass with improved definition, compared to a single subwoofer configuration. Audyssey Dynamic Surround Expansion dramatically broadens the surround soundstage for the ultimate surround sound experience with the option of connecting front height and/or front wide speakers.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
- With a single subwoofer, room acoustics and the subwoofer's location in the room may not deliver optimum deep bass response. Instead, because of room resonances, deep bass quality may be uneven due to room interaction. With dual subwoofer outputs you can connect two subs and place them in different parts of the room, and enjoy smoother and more accurate deep bass response as a result.
External Control Capabilities
- The AV7702mkII is equipped with a range of features that provide enhanced control capabilities and compatibility with 3rd party and custom integration solutions.
- For remote control compatibility with other components in your home theater system, the AV7702mkII features an IR (infrared) remote control input and remote control output on the rear panel, along with dual 12V trigger outputs.
- The AV7702mkII can also be set up and operated by a home computer on the network via IP control, either via wired LAN connection or via Wi-Fi wireless connection. For direct connection to external home automation and control equipment, the AV7702mkII is equipped with an RS-232C serial port.
- The AV7702mkII also features Control4 SDDP (Simple Device Detection Protocol) and Crestron Connected certification for quick and easy integration with Control4 and Crestron home automation equipment.
60+ Years of Audiophile Heritage
- Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components that have been embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in their lives, the AV7702mkII carries on their long tradition of delivering a superlative music listening experience, and it's equipped to deliver the ultimate home theater experience as well.
Marantz AV7702mkII 11.2 Channel 4K A/V Pre-Tuner Specifications:
- DTS HD Master / DTS:X: (update)
- DTS Neural:X: o (11ch) (update)
- Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Atmos
- Dolby Surround
- Auro 3D: (upgrade)
- Audyssey DSX
- Multichannel Stereo
- Max Number of Processing (Preamp) Channels: 11.2
- Power Transformer: EI
- Current Feedback Topology
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM)
- Pure Direct
- High Grade Audio Components
- Gold plated RCA terminals
- Clock Jitter Reducer
- Audyssey: MultEQ XT32 (PRO)
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume
- Audyssey LFC
- Compressed Audio Enhancer: MDAX2
- DLNA Certified: (v1.5)
- Lossy formats: MP3 / WMA / AAC
- Lossless formats: FLAC / ALAC / WAV
- DSD Audio Streaming
- FLAC HD 192/24
- WAV 192/24
- ALAC 96/24
- Gapless Playback: (FLAC, WAV)
- Photo streaming (JPEG)
- AirPlay Audio Streaming
- Windows PlayTo / Windows8 certified
- Internet Radio (vTuner)
- Spotify Connect / Pandora / SiriusXM*
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones: Android / iOS
- Compatible with Remote APP for Tablets
- Ethernet Ports
- HDMI Inputs: Back / Front: 7 / 1
- 2 Support
- HDMI Outputs: Main / Zone: 2 / 1
- Video Conversion Analog -> HDMI
- Analog to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- HDMI to HDMI Scaling: up to 4K 60/50
- GUI Overlay on HDMI
- HDMI: 3D / 4K / CEC / ARC
- HDMI Pass-Through in Standby Mode
- Picture Adjust / Noise Reduction
- DSD Audio Capability
- Auto LipSync
Multi-room / CI
- Multi-Room Zones: 3
- Zone Audio Source: HDMI / Opt, Coax / Network, USB / Analog
- Zone Audio Output: Preout
- Zone HDMI Output from HDMI Source
- IP Control / RS232 Control / Web Control / App Control
- IR Flasher In
- Marantz Remote Bus
- DC Trigger Output: 2
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone
- FL Display
- Graphic User Interface – GUI: Advanced
- ISF Certification
- GUI Languages: 3
- Setup Assistant
- Smart Select
- Firmware Update by Network / USB
- Variable Cross Over
- Optimized Bass Redirection
- Auto Power off
- Sleep Timer
- Composite In / Out: 3+1 / 2
- Component In / Out: 3 / 1
- HDMI In / Out: 7+1 / 3
- Multi-Room Video Out: Video / HDMI
- Analog In: 5+1
- Phono (MM) In
- Digital In: Optical / Coaxial: 2 / 2
- Multi-Room Out: Analog: 2
- Multichannel Pre Out: (13.2 RCA & 11.2 XLR)
- Subwoofer Out: 2 (independant)
- 1 Multichannel Input
- Speaker A / B: assignable pre out
- Bi-Amp Drive: assignable pre out
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal: pre out
- Front Inputs: Audio / Composite / HDMI / USB: o / o / o / o
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone
- HD RADIO (AM/FM)
- Metal Front Panel
- System Remote Control: RC027SR
- Pre-Programmed / Learnable / LCD Display
- Power Consumption in W: 60
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.2
- CEC Standby Consumption in W: 0.5
- Network Standby Consumption in W: 2.7
- Maximum Dimensions:
- Antenna: Horizontal: (W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 16.2 x 7.3
- Antenna: Vertical: (W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 16.2 x 9.7
- W/o Antenna:(W x D x H) in inches: 17.3 x 15.4 x 7.3
- Weight in lbs: 22.5