AV7702 Home Theater Preamp Processor 11.2 Channel Processing with Dolby Atmos
The extremely versatile AV7702, perfectly and expertly handles any kind of high-resolution multichannel audio format. It also offers an extended network package including audio streaming, internet radio, Pandora, SiriusXM, Spotify Connect, and AirPlay. It even includes built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth capabilities. However, to get the best of the latest high-resolution DSD and FLAC HD format, Marantz recommends hard-wiring the units.
Superb surround sound audio quality from the latest tone formats is guaranteed by the powerful 32-Bit SHARC DSP offering high channel separation that leaves no chance for any crosstalk. Tone formats include Audyssey DSX, DTS Neo:X 11.1 and the latest decoding technology Dolby Atmos – which not only provides breath-taking surround sound but also opens the door to 3D sound. In addition, the 11.2 channel AV7702 further enhances audio quality by delicately handling all signals via Marantz’s own current feedback HDAMs preamp, before passing them to the high-quality 11.2 XLR or 13.2 RCA outputs and separate power amp.
The AV7702 also takes supreme care of video signals via the eight HDMI 4k 60Hz pass-through/scaling inputs and sends them to the two HDMI output sockets or independently to the third HDMI output that is dedicated for multi-room. There is even a Phono MM input – ideal for those precious vinyls. Setup and operation are quick and easy via the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 auto-calibration and high-resolution Graphic User Interface. It’s all there, just waiting to perform.
8 HDMI Inputs, 3 HDMI Outputs with 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz Pass-through; 4:4:4 Pure Color
- Equipped with an advanced video processor section, the AV7702 features 8 HDMI inputs, including 1 conveniently located on the front panel, and features 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz full rate pass-through for the next generation of ultra-high definition content. The video section is also compatible with full 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, another feature of the latest HDMI specification. The video section also features SD and HD upconversion and transcoding to 4K Ultra HD. The two HDMI output sockets for the main room and a third dedicated for Multi-room application handle almost all of today’s Ultra HD formats.
Dolby Atmos Surround Decoding
- In addition to Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master audio high-resolution lossless decoding, the AV7702 is one of the first to incorporate Dolby Atmos advanced surround decoding. Dolby Atmos is an object-based surround sound encoding and decoding system, and is found in many of the world's premier movie theaters. With Dolby Atmos, sounds can be placed with pinpoint precision anywhere in the listening space, via the use of ceiling speakers or Dolby Atmos-compatible main speakers, and the system is truly scalable to match the surround decoding specifically to any particular listening space and speaker complement up to a 9.1.2 speaker configuration.
Advanced ISFccc Video Calibration Controls
- Certified by the Imaging Science Foundation, the AV7702 features a full suite of advanced video calibration controls that allow precision fine tuning of your HDTV.
Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and AirPlay, DLNA
- Wirelessly stream your favorite tracks to the AV7702 via the built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The Bluetooth function features automatic power on and pairing, and up to 8 devices can be remembered. The AV7702 also features dual antennas for even better Wi-Fi and Bluetooth transmission and reception coverage compared to a single antenna.
- The AV7702 is equipped with Apple AirPlay, which lets you stream content from your iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone, and there's also DLNA compatibility which lets you access content from your PC or Mac via your home network. Enjoy a world of internet radio, and listen to your favorite tracks from subscription music services including Pandora, SiriusXM and Spotify Connect (not all services available in all markets).
Easy To Setup, Easy To Use
- The handy Quick Setup guide along with the intuitive on-screen Setup Assistant will have your AV7702 up and running with a minimum of fuss and bother. You can even control the setup via your PC's web browser, or use our available iOS and Android apps with your favorite smart device.
New Tablet Apps
- In addition to the Marantz Remote app (available for Android and iOS devices), our new tablet app is designed to make full use of your tablet's larger screen area, and is available in Android and iOS versions, as well as a version for the Kindle Fire.
Convenient USB Port
- The USB port, conveniently located on the front panel, lets you connect a USB drive or NAS drive directly and stream your favorite audio tracks. You can also connect your iOS device, such as an iPod, iPhone and iPad, and stream music while charging your device at the same time.
Advanced HDAM Discrete Buffer Amplifier Modules
- The AV7702 features our latest HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) components, which consist of matched precision discrete selected circuit elements on a compact sub-board, instead of conventional op-amp integrated circuits. These advanced HDAM modules provide a full 10 dB of signal-to-noise improvement over earlier HDAM versions, along with ultra wide-band response (100 kHz, -3 dB) for crystal clear treble detail.
Audyssey Platinum Built In
- The most advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (Pro ready) room correction suite adds to the most accurate calibration of the speakers to guarantee that every seat in the room is a ‘sweet spot’ for audio. Audyssey LFC reduces the transmission of low frequency sound through walls something your neighbors are sure to appreciate, while Audyssey Sub EQ HT creates perfect integration of two subwoofers in the home theater setup.
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume provides real-time volume monitoring and adjustment, to prevent those annoying jumps in volume caused by too loud commercials. It's also great for late night listening so you can hear the audio soundtrack clearly at lower volume levels. Audyssey Dynamic EQ provides precision tonal balance tailoring, so you can enjoy full range sound at any volume level.
- Audyssey DSX (Dynamic Surround Expansion) lets you add a pair of front wide or front height speakers to your 5.1 speaker system to expand the front soundstage turning your room into a giant home theater space.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
- With a single subwoofer, room acoustics and the subwoofer's location in the room may not deliver optimum deep bass response. Instead, because of room resonances, deep bass quality may be uneven due to room interaction. With dual subwoofer outputs you can connect two subs and place them in different parts of the room, and enjoy smoother and more accurate deep bass response as a result.
External Control and IP Control Capabilities
- The AV7702 features IR (infrared) remote control input and output ports for compatibility with other components in your system, along with an RS-232C serial port that lets you connect to an automated control system, such as Control4. The 12V trigger output lets you connect to an external remote controllable device such as a motorized drop down projection screen, motorized drapes, or other compatible component.
- Via your web browser, you can also configure and control the AV7702, and use your favorite smart device (smartphone, tablet) with our newly designed Marantz Remote app, which is available in iOS and Android versions.
60+ Years of Audiophile Heritage
- Founded in 1953, Marantz has a long and rich history of designing audio components that have been embraced by music lovers and critical listeners around the world. Because Music Matters so much in their lives, the CDSR7009 carries on the long tradition of delivering a superlative music listening experience, and it's equipped to deliver the ultimate home theater experience as well.
- DTS HD Master / DTS 5.1 / DTS ES / DTS 96/24
- Dolby Digital Plus / Dolby TrueHD / Dolby Surround
- Dolby Atmos
- Audyssey DSX
- dts-Neo:X (11.1ch)
- Multichannel Stereo
- Compressed audio Enhancer: MDAX2
- DLNA Certified
- Lossy formats MP3 / WMA / AAC
- Lossless formats FLAC / ALAC / WAV
- DSD Streaming: 2.8MHz
- FLAC HD 192/24 / WAV 192/24 / ALAC 96/24
- Gapless Playback: FLAC, WAV, ALAC, DSD
- Photo streaming (JPEG)
- AirPlay Audio Streaming
- Windows PlayTo / Windows 8/RT compatible
- Internet Radio (vTuner) / Spotify Connect*/ Pandora*/ SiriusXM*
- Compatible with Remote APP for Smart Phones: Android/iOS
- Ethernet / Wi-Fi: Dual antenna
Convenient and Sound
- FM / AM Tuner
- Current Feedback Topology
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Modules (HDAM)
- High-grade audio components
- Auto Speaker Setup by Microphone: Audyssey Mult EQ XT32 (Pro)
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ / Dynamic Volume
- Video Conversion: CVBS > HDMI; Comp > HDMI
- Video Processing: >1080p, 4k 50/60Hz
- ISF Certification
- HDMI pass-through on stand-by
- 3D video pass-through / Audio Return Channel
- On Screen Display: Advanced GUI
- GUI Overlay on HDMI
- Setup Assistant (English, French, Spanish)
- Smart Select: 4 presets
- Variable Cross Over
- Multi-Room Zones: 3
- Optimized Bass Redirection
Inputs/Outputs - Video
- Composite In / Out: 3+1 / 2
- Component In / Out: 3 / 1
- HDMI In / Out: 7+1 / 3 (2 main + zone)
Inputs/Outputs - Audio
- Analog In: 5+1
- Digital Optical In: 2
- Digital Coaxial In: 2
- Multichannel Pre Out: 13.2 RCA & 11.2 XLR
- Subwoofer Out: 2
- Zone audio preout
- 7.1 Multichannel Input
Inputs/Outputs - Other
- Gold Plated Terminals
- Speaker A / B: Assignable pre-out
- Height speaker terminal: Speaker B or Height
- Bi-Amp Drive
- Multi-Room Speaker Terminal
- RS232 control
- IR Flasher In
- DC Trigger Output
- Marantz Remote Bus
- Network: (IP-control / update)
- Front Inputs: HDMI / USB
- USB Audio / Made for iPod / Made for iPhone
- Available Colors: Black
- System Remote Control: RC027SR
- Power Consumption in W: 60
- Standby Consumption in W: 0.2 (with CEC 0.5)
- Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H) in inches: 17.32 x 15.39 x 7.28
- Weight in lbs.: 22.49