Questions? We're here to help.
- Picture (Panel)
- Display Type: 4K OLED
- Display Resolution: 4K Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160)
- Brightness Booster: 83”, 77”, 65”, 55”
- Refresh Rate: 120Hz Native
- Perfect Black: Yes
- Wide Color Gamut: OLED Color
- 100% Color Fidelity: Yes
- 100% Color Volume: Yes
- Picture (Processing)
- Picture Processor: a9 AI Processor Gen6
- AI Picture: AI Picture Pro
- AI Upscaling: AI Super Upscaling 4K
- Dynamic Tone Mapping: Yes (OLED Dynamic Tone Mapping Pro)
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): Dolby Vision / HDR10 / HLG
- Dolby Vision: Yes
- FILMMAKER MODE™: Yes
- Dimming Technology: Pixel Dimming
- Motion: OLED Motion
- Game Optimizer: Yes (Game Dashboard)
- G-Sync Compatible (Nvidia): Yes
- FreeSync Compatible (AMD): Yes
- VRR (Variable Refresh Rate): Yes
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode): Yes
- HGIG Mode: Yes
- Response Time: <0.1 ms
- Cloud Gaming: NVIDIA Geforce Now, Utomik
- Smart TV
- Operating System (OS): webOS 23
- ThinQ: Yes
- Intelligent Voice Recognition: Yes
- Magic Remote Control: Built-In
- Home Hub: Yes
- Amazon Alexa (Built-in): Yes (Built-in)
- Works with Amazon Alexa: Yes
- Works with Hey Google: Yes
- Works with Apple Home: Yes
- Works with Apple Airplay2: Yes
- Hands-free Voice Control: Yes
- Next Picks: Yes
- Art Gallery: Yes
- App Store: Yes (App)
- Full Web Browser: Yes
- LG Channels: Yes
- Who.Where.What?: Yes
- Sports Alert: Yes
- Multi View: Yes
- Room to Room Share: Yes (Sender/Receiver)
- Always Ready: Yes
- USB Camera Compatible: Yes
- Home Office: Yes
- Game Service: Yes
- Music Service: Yes
- Matter: Yes
- AI Concierge: Yes
- Content Partners: Netflix, HBO Max, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV, Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, Youtube TV, Spotify, iHeartRadio and more
- Speaker System: 2.2 channel: 83", 77", 65", 55", 48" 2.0 channel: 42"
- Audio Output: 40W: 83", 77", 65", 55", 48" 20W: 42"
- Speaker Direction: Down Firing (Front Firing when standing): 83"
- Down Firing: 77", 65", 55", 48", 42"
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- AI Sound :AI Sound Pro (Virtual 9.1.2 Up-mix)
- DTS:X (by-pass only): Yes
- Clear Voice Pro: Yes
- WiSA Ready: Yes (Up to 2.1 Channel)
- Audio Codec: AC4, AC3(Dolby Digital), EAC3, HE-AAC, AAC, MP2, MP3, PCM, WMA, apt-X (Refer to manual)
- LG Sound Sync: Yes
- Sound Mode Share: Yes
- Bluetooth Surround Ready: Yes (2 Way Playback)
- NEXTGEN TV (ATSC 3.0): No
- Wi-Fi Standard: Wi-Fi Certified (Wi-Fi 6E)
- Bluetooth Support: Yes (v 5.0)
- IP Control: Yes
- Simplink (HDMI CEC): Yes
- TV Tuner: ATSC, Clear QAM
- Smartphone Remote App: Yes (LG ThinQ)
- Inputs & Outputs
- HDMI Input: 4ea (supports 4K 120Hz, eARC, VRR, ALLM, QMS as specified in HDMI 2.1 (4 port))
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: eARC (HDMI 2)
- USB Input: 3ea (v 2.0)
- RF Input (Antenna/Cable): 1ea
- Composite In (AV): N/A
- Ethernet Input: 1ea
- RS-232C Input (Min Jack): Yes
- SPDIF (Optical Digital Audio Out): 1ea
- Headphone output: 1ea (48", 42" Only)
- Power Supply (Voltage, Hz): AC 120V, 50/60Hz
- Standby Power Consumption: Under 0.5W
- Power Consumption: 170W
- Annual Power Consumption: 313 kWh/y
- TV Dimensions with Stand (WxHxD): 72.9" x 43" x 11"
- TV Dimensions without Stand (WxHxD): 72.9" x 41.6" x 2.2"
- Packaging Dimensions (WxHxD): 80.7" x 47.6" x 11.2"
- Stand Width: 47.2"
- TV Weight with Stand: 91.7 lbs
- TV Weight without Stand: 71.2 lbs
- Packaging Weight: 123.5 lbs
- VESA Mounting (W x H): 400 x 400
- UPC: 195174052082
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- OLED83C3PUA 83" 4K UHD OLED evo Smart TV with Ultra Slim Design, Dolby Vision, & A9 Intelligent Processor (2023)
- Power Cable
- Quick Start Guide
Customer Reviews for LG OLED83C3PUA 83" 4K UHD OLED evo Smart TV with Ultra Slim Design, Dolby Vision, & A9 Intelligent Processor (2023)
I am also impressed with the gaming performance of the OLED77C3. The input lag is very low, and the TV supports all of the latest gaming features, such as 4K@120Hz and VRR. I have been playing a lot of PS5 games on the TV, and it has been an amazing experience.
The OLED77C3 is also a very slim and stylish TV. It looks great in my living room, and it is very easy to set up.
Overall, I am very happy with the OLED77C3 TV. It is the best TV I have ever owned, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a high-end TV with excellent picture quality and gaming performance.
Installation of the TV is pretty straightforward. The stand is remarkably steady despite its small footprint. Having the cable connections on the left side of the back of the TV makes connecting cables very easy.
The sound quality of the TV's built-in speakers is surprisingly good. I expected really tinny sound from such a thin TV, but at higher volume you can actually get some pretty rich sound. You can get even better sound from the LG SC9 soundbar designed for this TV, which I did purchase, but that's for a different review.
One of the things I like is you can organize apps at the bottom of the home screen, putting favorites in a preferred order. Adding apps is very easy. The web OS is pretty clunky. It's nowhere near as simple to use for internet surfing as a computer, but you can access the internet with it and bookmark favorites.
I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the Magic Remote. It can be very annoying when you do not want to use it, and yet it does make it a lot faster to do some things such as accessing sections of the quick menu, entering passwords, URLs, etc. Also, while it's possible to buy an extra Magic Remote (which I did do - they're not very expensive), only one will be able to use the magic pointer (you can still navigate using the wheel with a second remote).
One of my biggest concerns about buying an OLED TV was possible burn-in. LG put some great safeguards in place with this TV to help prevent it. One feature I use very frequently to prevent burn-in is the pixel cleaning feature. The only negative is it takes several clicks with the remote to get to it. A feature this useful should be just one click away on the quick menu.
One major annoyance with this TV is it will not remember what you were watching when you turn the TV off. It always defaults to the home screen every time you turn it on, so if you have a favorite TV channel you like to watch, you have to reselect it every time you turn on the TV.
Overall, my wife and I are extremely happy with this TV. The picture quality is magnificent, and the sound quality is surprisingly good. We bought ours on sale, and at that price point it was very competitive.
The ease of use is great !