- Picture (Panel)
- Display Type: Real 8K Quantum Dot NanoCell Display
- Display Resolution: 8K Ultra HD (7,680 x 4,320)
- Wide Viewing Angle: Yes (IPS Technology)
- Backlight Type: Mini-LED
- Backlight Dimming Technology: Full Array Dimming Pro
- Quantum Dot NanoCell Technology: Yes
- Billion Rich Colors: Yes
- 100% Color Consistency: Yes
- Picture (Processing)
- Picture Processor: a9 Gen 4 AI Processor 8K
- AI Picture: AI Picture Pro
- Auto Genre Selection: Yes (SDR/HDR/Dolby HDR)
- Upscaling: AI 8K Upscaling
- Refresh Rate: 120HZ Native
- Sound (Processing)
- AI Sound: AI Sound Pro
- TV Sound Mode Share: Yes
- Bluetooth Surround Ready: Yes
- Home Cinema
- HDR: Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG)
- Dolby Vision IQ: Yes
- Filmmaker Mode: Yes
- Magic Explorer: Yes
- Next Picks: Yes
- Game Optimizer: Yes
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode): Yes
- HGiG: Yes
- Smart TV
- Operating System: webOS
- Content Partners: Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV, Hulu, CBS All Access, Peacock, Youtube TV, Spotify, iHeartRadio and more
- LG Content Store (App Store): Yes
- Full Web Browser: Yes
- LG Channels: Yes
- Sports Alert: Yes
- Gallery Mode: Yes
- Who.Where.What?: Yes
- Home Dashboard: Yes
- "Works With": Google Assistant, Alexa, Apple Airplay2 and Homekit (Separate device purchase necessary)
- Speaker System: 4.2 Channel
- Output Power: 60W
- Speaker Direction: Down Firing
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- WiSA Ready: Yes (Separate Dongle Purchase Required) *Up to 5.1 Channel
- Audio Codec: AC4, AC3(Dolby Digital), EAC3, HE-AAC, AAC, MP2, MP3, PCM, WMA, apt-X (refer to manual)
- LG Sound Sync: Yes
- Wi-Fi® Standard: Wi-Fi Certified 802.11ax
- Bluetooth® Support: Version 5.0
- IP Control: Yes
- HDMI-CEC (Simplink): Yes
- TV Tuner: ATSC, Clear QAM
- Smart Phone Connectivity: Yes
- HDMI Input (HDCP 2.2): 2(rear) / 2(side)
- Latest HDMI (4K @ 120HZ): HDMI ports 1,2,3,4
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC): eARC (HDMI 2)
- USB Ports (v 2.0): 2(rear) / 1(side)
- RF Connection Input (Antenna/Cable): 1 (Rear, RF)
- Ethernet Input: 1 (rear)
- RS-232C Input (Mini Jack): 1 (rear)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical): 1 (rear)
- Power Supply (Voltage, HZ): AC 100~240V 50-60Hz
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.4W
- Power Consumption: 303.5W
- Annual Power Consumption: 557kWh/y
- TV Dimensions with Stand (W x H x D): 56.9" x 35.4" x 11.5"
- TV Dimensions without Stand (W x H x D): 56.9" x 32.6" x 1.1"
- Stand Width: 47.8"
- TV Weight with Stand: 62.8 lbs
- TV Weight without Stand: 61.9 lbs
- VESA Mounting (W x H): 400 x 400
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Magic Remote
- Remote Control Battery (AA)
- Power Cable
- Quick Start Guide
Customer Reviews for LG 65QNED99UPA 65" QNED MiniLED 8K Smart NanoCell TV
I received this product at a discounted price in exchange for your honest feedback
Overall extremely happy with this TV and cannot wait to put some more use on it. Our house has become the "movie night" house because of this! "Lifes Good!"
Certainly, at this price point, you expect a great picture, but it is one that is delivered in spades.
The colors absolutely pop off of the screen. We have a bright living room, and the television can get plenty bright (specifically in Vivid mode) to maintain a great image even with the shades open.
It's tough to really evaluate the 8k image as there is very little native content at this point, but the overall image clarity and quality is very crisp (again, great when on a 75" screen where deterioration can start to occur.
One thing that is very important to us is the ability to have a wide viewing angle, which I'm excited to say, in my opinion, this does. As shown in the image, you still have a great picture when viewed from the side.
Only minor complaint, is there are some slight reflections. Not terrible, but we have lamps behind us, and at night, these can impact the screen a bit.
Overall, very happy with our new tv.
The table stand it comes with it super sleek and nice. I almost wanted to keep it on a table because of how nice they look. At the end, we did mount this and it was a bit confusing as LG makes a dedicated mount for this, but we were unable to find details on it. A normal vesa mount did work as well after a call to LG and them telling us we had to remove some screws to get access to the mounting location.
The software/UI on the TV is great. It does take a bit getting used to but the "magic" remote is nice, especially for when typing in login information. For those who don't know the magic remote allows you to point and move the cursor on the screen. It's like a mouse cursor on the screen and moves around. Kind of like a Wii remote. Really neat and convenient!
Overall we're in love with this TV. We hardly used our old set and this has given us a rejuvenation and makes us want to start watching TV again.
Disclaimer: In exchange for my honest opinion, I received the product at a discount.
Here are the parameters for my testing. I watched two movies, (movie #1) Captain Marvel (Disney+ app) and (movie #2) The Tomorrow War (Prime Video app). I also streamed various YouTube items. It has one of the better TV speakers I have heard, if not the best, but I use external audio. I am not analyzing the specs as compared to other products on the market. This is strictly about this TV in my home and how I rate it.
For my use, the TV has one function, and that is to provide a clear enjoyable watching experience. My setup has me sitting about 10 feet from the TV. This layout plus the TV’s size was the first in-home almost movie experience (screen size) I’ve ever owned. I cannot stare at one spot on this TV and just move my eyes as I’ve done up until now. I need to work the neck/eye muscles to glance left/right.
I watched some sports, the news, and a few TV shows on Fios One. I was looking for pixilation but didn’t notice any. The motion was smooth, and the colors for an LED were excellent. Then I spent two evenings doing the thing I do most, and that is watch movies. I watched movie #1, a movie I have seen countless times on various TV’s. Compared to all previous views, it was breathtaking. The clarity down to the detail was amazing. I saw things I had not seen before. There was no delay or blips. The entire movie was smooth to the eyes. Then I watched movie #2 for the first time. I focused in on the blacks which I did not do previously in addition to the color and motion. They were, well, black. I saw no light bleeds anywhere, and those blacks jumped out. There was one instance where there appeared to be shadowing on the four corners. Only once, so not sure if source or not.
This came bundled with the LG SP9YA Soundbar. Connecting it to the TV was simple through HDMI Arc, and I was good to go with a perfect match.
This is an awesome and beautiful LCD TV.