Questions? We're here to help.
- Picture (Panel)
- Display Resolution: 4K Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160)
- Display Type: Real 4K NanoCell Display
- Wide Viewing Angle: Yes (IPS Technology)
- Backlight Type: Slim Direct
- Backlight Dimming Technology: Full Array Dimming
- Nano Color: Yes
- Billion Rich Colors: Yes
- 100% Color Consistency: Yes
- Picture (Processing)
- Picture Processor: α7 Gen 4 Processor 4K
- AI Picture: Yes
- Auto Genre Selection: Yes (Dolby HDR Only)
- Upscaling: AI 4K Upscaling
- Refresh Rate: TruMotion 240 (120Hz Native)
- Motion: NanoCell Motion
- Sound (Processing)
- AI Sound: Yes
- TV Sound Mode Share: Yes
- Bluetooth Surround Ready: Yes
- Home Cinema
- HDR: Cinema HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HLG)
- Dolby Vision IQ: Yes
- Filmmaker Mode: Yes
- Magic Explorer: Yes
- Next Picks: Yes
- Game Optimizer: Yes
- FreeSync Premium™: Yes
- VRR (Variable Refresh Rate): Yes
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode): Yes
- HGiG: Yes
- Smart TV
- Operating System: webOS
- Content Partners: Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, Apple TV, Hulu, CBS All Access, Peacock, Youtube TV, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and more
- LG Content Store (App Store): Yes
- Full Web Browser: Yes
- LG Channels: Yes
- Sports Alert: Yes
- Gallery Mode: Yes
- Who.Where.What?: Yes
- Home Dashboard: Yes
- Works With: Google Assistant, Alexa, Apple Airplay2, and Homekit (Separate device purchase necessary)
- AI TV (Artificial Intelligence)
- LG ThinQ® AI: Yes
- Magic Remote Control: Yes (Point, Click, Scroll, Voice)
- Universal Remote Control: Yes (Auto Device Detection)
- Voice Assistants: Google and Alexa Built-in (No separate device purchase necessary)
- Intelligent Voice Recognition: Yes
- Speaker System: 2.2 Channel
- Output Power: 40W
- Speaker Direction: Down Firing
- Dolby Atmos: Yes
- WiSA Ready: Yes (Separate Dongle Purchase Required) *Up to 2.1 Channel
- Audio Codec: AC4, AC3(Dolby Digital), EAC3, HE-AAC, AAC, MP2, MP3, PCM, WMA, apt-X (refer to manual)
- LG Sound Sync: Yes
- Wi-Fi® Standard: Wi-Fi Certified 802.11ac
- Bluetooth® Support: Version 5.0
- IP Control: Yes
- HDMI-CEC (Simplink): Yes
- TV Tuner: ATSC, Clear QAM
- Smart Phone Connectivity: Yes
- HDMI Input (HDCP 2.2): 4 (side)
- Latest HDMI (4K @ 120Hz): HDMI 3,4
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC): eARC (HDMI 3)
- USB Ports (v 2.0): 2 (rear)/1 (side)
- RF Connection Input (Antenna/Cable): 1 (Rear, RF)
- Ethernet Input: 1 (rear)
- RS-232C Input (Mini Jack): 1 (rear)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical): 1 (side)
- Power Supply (Voltage, Hz): AC 100~240V 50-60Hz
- Standby Power Consumption: Under 0.5W
- Power Consumption: 137.8W
- Annual Power Consumption: 254kWh/y
- Dimensions & Weight
- TV Dimensions with Stand (W x H x D): 57.2" x 35.6" x 11.6"
- TV Dimensions without Stand (W x H x D): 57.2" x 33" x 1.8"
- Packaging Dimensions (W x H x D): 65.7" x 42.1" x 1.8"
- Stand Width:
- Normal: 45.8"
- Hybrid: 16.7"
- TV Weight with Stand: 63.1 lb
- TV Weight without Stand: 62.2 lb
- VESA Mounting (W x H): 400 x 400
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- Magic Remote
- Remote Control Battery
- Power Cable
- Quick Start Guide
Customer Reviews for LG 65NANO90UPA 65" 4K Smart UHD NanoCell TV with ThinQ AI
The TV came well packed and was easy to put the legs on. With the size of the TV,it's easier with 2 people. Setting up the TV was very easy. If you have questions it leads you through everything. The picture on this is absolutely amazing. It has great in depth color and has automatic color adjustment. It was easy to pair with our sound bar but the sound on the TV itself is so good,you don't really need it.
As far as gaming goes it has high dynamic range which enhances the games pictures.
It comes with a magic remote. It does get some getting used to if you want to use it.
The only thing we had a problem with was the LG TV wasn't compatible with some of our streaming services. We were a bit disappointed on that. I would recommend this product to my family and friends, although I would have them do their research on the streaming services first. We are happy with it!
It guides you through everything, easily navigated with the slightly ergonomic magic remote, even making it easier to log into various streaming services to get right to what you want to watch.
The physical design is minimalistic. Thin bezel, simple feet, plain back with recessed ports for flush wall mount. I don’t like the 3 inch gap at the bottom though. The picture is clear, sharp and bright. The colors look a little off in default settings and local dimming in darker scenes is really distracting. So much so that it really makes the low contrast stand out. The color is easily adjusted by picture settings like the Expert modes. By turning the local dimming off completely it made for a more consistent viewing experience regardless of blacks looking a little grey. The settings are per mode, whether it is an input or a different streaming service. There is another setting pertaining to energy saving that I found distracting where it will automatically dim the whole screen after a few seconds.
This TV works with 4K at 120Hz, Variable Refresh Rate and Freesync supported video cards. Game Optimizer mode helps reduce latency by disabling some of the AI features and enables the auto low latency mode. This works really well making the TV feel more like a computer monitor than a typical TV.
Sound quality is decent for TV speakers. However, to get richer sounds and true surround I use a surround sound receiver. Through this though I found that Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos work flawlessly but it does not support DTS in any format, even with passthrough.
The WebOS is easy to manage and quickly navigate to your favorite streaming service. Even easier on the remote with buttons directly for Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Video and LG Channels. It has Google Assistant and Alexa built in so you can do all the functions of a smart speaker straight from your remote.
Overall, once I found the right settings for me I have come to really enjoy this TV. It is more of a mid range TV that provides plenty of function and capability that even some high end TVs miss out on. If not for the lack of contrast and horrible local dimming, that I’m glad can be disabled, I’d give it 5 stars.