The power you need to make your outdoor subwoofer rock!
Unlike indoor powered subwoofers, outdoor subwoofers need an external amplifier and the Klipsch RSA500 delivers clean, distortion free power to keep the beat alive. The Klipsch RSA-500 is a single channel amplifier designed to power a passive subwoofer (a subwoofer that has no internal amplifier). While the RSA-500 subwoofer amplifier was primarily designed for use with the RW-5802 and RW-5101-C in-wall subwoofers, it also features custom settings for the AW-800-SW outdoor subwoofer. This high-powered device will drive up to two of any of these subwoofer modules and delivers 300 watts into an 8-ohm load (one subwoofer module) and 500 watts into a 4-ohm load (two subwoofer modules). It also comes with rack ears for fast and secure placement into any standard 19-inch rack.
To keep end users from inadvertently tampering with performance levels, the majority of the RSA-500s controls are housed on its rear panel. The fuse is also included on the back for quick and easy replacement. A detachable IEC power cord allows for the simple removal and reinstallation of the entire amplifier unit. The RSA-500 was also designed to play nice by offering standard input/output connectivity that will support any type of system.
- EQ switch for use with different subwoofers
- Selectable signal-sensing or voltage triggered auto-on/off circuit
- 300 watts continuous into 8 ohms or 500 watts continuous into 4 ohms
- Line and speaker level inputs
- Rack ears included
- Frequency response: 20Hz-1kHz 3dB
- Amplifier power: FTC Rated Power: 300W into 8 ohms, 500W into 4 ohms, 20Hz-1kHz @ <1.5% THD Dynamic Power: 875W into 8 ohms
- Low pass crossover: Continuously variable from 40-120Hz
- Amplifier: BASH Hybrid
- Phase: Switchable between 0 and 180 degrees
- Enclosure type: Use only with RW-5802, and AW-800-SW subwoofer enclosures (either one or two)
- Inputs: 2 Gold-plated speaker binding posts, 2 Gold-plated RCA phono jacks plus single LFE
- Outputs: 2 Gold-plated unfiltered RCA phono jacks plus single LFE
- Auto power on: 2 second ON delay, 15 minute OFF delay
- Dimensions: 3.5" (8.9cm) H x 17" (43.2cm) W x 12.6" (32cm) D (without rack ears)
- Weight: 18 lbs. (8.2kg)
- Features: Selectable EQ, Speaker Level In, Low voltage trigger, rack ears included
- Finishes: Black anodized aluminum face plate
- Voltage: 110/120 VAC 60Hz
- Built from: 2006
*While the RW-5802 in-wall subwoofer and RSA-500 subwoofer amplifier are sold separately, they must be used in conjunction with one another.