Klipsch RP-404C Center Channel Speaker Overview
When building a home theater system, you want to pack your best technology into the center-channel speaker. While all the other speakers pipe in the music and supply the effects, the center channel must tell the story. And no centers carry the conversation better than Klipsch’s updated Reference Premiere line. The new RP-404C leverages Klipsch’s 70-year experience with acoustic engineering and innovations such as the Tractrix 90-by-90 horn and four Cerametallic low/midrange drivers, for a center speaker that pairs crystal clarity with rock-solid imaging. You hear every whisper, every shout, and every syllable of the lyrics. And it blends seamlessly with its siblings across the Reference Premiere line, both sonically and stylishly, for a truly cinematic experience all around (and up and down) the room, no matter what size or shape your space may be.
- 1-inch titanium linear travel tweeter
- 90-by-90 degree Tractrix horn for wide dispersion and high efficiency
- New vented tweeter enclosure for low distortion
- Four 4-inch spun copper Cerametallic woofers with two-layer copper-wound voice coils
- Rear-firing Tractrix bass port for stronger lows
- High efficiency (97 dB at 1 watt) and high power handling (500 watts peak) for wide dynamic range
- Sturdy MDF cabinet with furniture-grade, scratch-resistant ebony or walnut finish
- Copper cones, laser-cut logo and satin baffles for stylish presentation with or without magnetic grille
- Dimensions: 5.7” (H) x 26” (W) x 13” (D)
- Weight: 28 lbs.
- Warranty: 5 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The trademark Tractrix horn
A core design element in Klipsch speakers, then and now, is the horn. Flared 90 degrees vertically and horizontally, the unique Tractrix horn acts as acoustic amplification for the high-frequency driver (a second Tractrix horn fires out of a rear bass port). The horn not only makes speakers such as the RP-404C ultra efficient, but also steers the highs for precise localization of instruments and dialogue – especially important in the center channel. The Tractrix horn, molded of compressed silicon composite and fitted with a phase plug to reduce resonances, places listeners in the middle of the action or at center stage.
An upgraded tweeter
At the center of that Tractrix horn is Klipsch’s latest tweeter design, a 1-inch titanium-diaphragm driver for lightness and rigidity, with high efficiency and low distortion. The proven LTS (linear travel suspension) technology maximizes piston motion, and an all-new vented housing reduces the reflected waves that can compromise performance.
Those iconic copper cones
Even before you power it up, you can always spot a Klipsch thanks to the emblematic copper-colored cones. The four 4-inch low/midrange drivers in the RP-404C are formed of Klipsch’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic material, which adds stiffness while subtracting weight for superior transient reproduction and high efficiency. And the rear-firing Tractrix horn port strengthens the bass further still.
A truly dynamic range
Klipsch’s horn-loading and rear ported design, combined with ultra-light and ultra-responsive drivers with custom coils and magnets, means that speakers such as the RP-404C can reproduce the full dynamic range of today’s movie soundtracks – and can rock the house when called for. Efficiency, paired with power-handling capability, means Klipsch speakers make the most of the majority of today’s home-theater receivers and amps.
Designed to be displayed
The cabinetry is made of solid MDF material reinforced for minimal resonances, with your choice of ebony or walnut scratch-resistant finish. Combined with the unique copper cones, laser-etched logo, anodized trim rings and satin-painted front panel, the RP-404C looks right at home right under your flat screen, with or without the attractive and flexible magnetic grille attached. And it’s sized to sit unobtrusively under any modern set.
WARNING: California Residents - Proposition 65. This product can expose you to chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Frequency response: 59-25kHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: 97dB @ 2.83V/1m
- Power handling (cont/peak): 125W/500W
- Nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Crossover frequency: 500Hz/1500Hz
- High-frequency driver: 1” Titanium LTS vented tweeter with hybrid cross-section Tractrix horn
- Low frequency driver: Quad 4” Cerametallic cone woofers
- Enclosure material: MDF
- Enclosure type: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix port
- Inputs: Single binding posts
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 5.7" x 26" x 13"
- Weight: 28 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- RP-404C Center Channel Speaker