Surround Sound in Three Dimensions
Ready to elevate your stereo system? Want to add a third dimension to your home theater? Consider the Klipsch RP-140SA Dolby Atmos™ Enabled Elevation Speakers. They’re the perfect add-on for your floorstanding speakers for true surround sound in the third dimension - no out of the box home theater system can compare. Plus, they’re outfitted with Dolby Atmos™ technology, so they can play all of your favorite Atmos-enabled tracks in stunning high resolution.
The Klipsch Difference
Traditional speaker systems have three drivers that produce sound. These are called tweeters (for highs), mid-ranges, and woofers (for bass). Instead, these Klipsch Atmos speakers use just two drivers: a copper woofer and their patented Tractrix horn. These enhanced drivers result in more even sound coverage that fills a room with rich, immersive audio – hear the nuances of a triangle’s ting or the powerful guitar riff of your favorite rock band. When it comes to accurate sound reproduction, Klipsch has set the bar higher than ever.
Highest Quality Components
Inside these speakers’ resonance-deadening brushed-black polymer veneer cabinets lie a true wonder of acoustic engineering: Klipsch’s trademark 4” woofer is an injection-molded graphite (IMG) unit, covered in bright orange spun copper. Covering the mid-range and the top of the bass range, this woofer -- powered by nested ceramic magnets -- richly reproduces everything from Handel to hip-hop and everything in between. Klipsch elevation speakers are simply on a different level acoustically.
What's a Tractrix Horn?
Mounted directly above the woofer is a piece of Klipsch’s sonic technology -- its Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) Tractrix horn. Unlike a traditional tweeter, the Tractrix horn reproduces clear, crisp, subtle highs -- reproducing sound exactly as the artist intended it, free of distortion.
This attention to detail is not just skin-deep. Look inside the horn, and find the arrow-straight LTS system, powered by an absurdly strong neodymium magnet. Tech jargon aside, this process ensures a sound that’s wholly unique - almost as pure as a trip to the orchestra.
Dolby Atmos™ = Living Room Cinema
Atmos is Dolby Laboratories’ latest surround-sound technology. Where previous advanced audio technologies only enabled surround sound in two dimensions, Atmos adds a third one -- height -- to the party. Now you can enjoy more than just directed and ambient effects -- Atmos gives you effects as disparate as the pitter-patter of rain or the roar of jet planes in their full, fully three-dimensional glory.
Bouncing off the Ceiling
How do these speakers do this? Well, when you put them on top of your floorstanding speakers, their drivers sit at a 30º angle to level. This lets them project upward, bouncing sound off of your ceiling and casting it downwards into your ears. It’s a perfect arrangement for ambient, height-driven surround-sound technology.
Build the Complete Set
Not content with just one Atmos speaker system? Add a Dolby Atmos edge to your complete home stereo with our Klipsch RP-450CA center channel and RP-280FA floorstanding speakers -- both Atmos-enabled. Match with our Klipsch R-110SW, R-112SW, or R-115SW subwoofers for the complete just-like-the-movies home theater experience.
- Dolby® Atmos™ creates a living room cinema experience
- Designed to sit on top of front or rear-loaded floorstanding speakers
- True atmospheric surround sound effects from angled drivers
- Can be wall-mounted for a complete home theater environment
- Brushed polymer veneer finish - fits the décor in any room
- Incredibly powerful LTS Tweeter with Hybrid Tractrix Horn
- Dimensions: 11.25” H x 6” W x 11.25” D
- Weight: 7.6 lbs each
- Warranty: 5 years
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee
- Frequency Response: Conforms to Dolby Atmos Specification
- Sensitivity: Conforms to Dolby Atmos Specification
- Power Handling (Cont/Peak): 50W / 100W
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms Compatible
- Crossover Frequency: 2 kHz
- High Frequency Driver: 1" Titanium LTS Tweeter with Hybrid Tractrix Horn
- Low Frequency Driver: 4" Cerametallic Cone Woofer
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Enclosure Type: Acoustic Suspension
- Inputs: Single Binding Posts
- Dimensions: 11.25” H x 6” W x 11.25” D
- Weight: 7.6 lbs (3.4 kg)
- Finish: Brushed Polymer Veneer
- Built From: 2015