RF-7 II Highlights
- Fills small to medium rooms with incredibly lifelike performances
- Tractrix Horn creates precisely targeted sound
- Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet
- Bass reflex design for the extra oomph
- Dimensions: 48.5”
h / 11.6” w / 16.3” d (with grille)
- Weight: 87.1 lbs
- Warranty – 5 Years
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The Klipsch Reference Series = Audio, Perfected
If you’re looking for a speaker that makes a statement – both stylistically and sonically – take a good look at Klipsch’s RF-7 II floor-standing system. When you see the term “flagship,” it’s significant: It means the speaker is the standard-bearer for an entire line, and that the company has poured all its technological prowess into making this a showcase for its products. And when you’re talking about Klipsch, that’s a lot of experience and know-how in one beautiful box.
Big Bass for Your Living Room
Klipsch, a pioneer in home and theater sound reproduction for more than 60 years, has logged a lot of “firsts” in its storied history. Accordingly, the RF-7 II represents both its traditional strengths and its latest technologies. These Reference Series beauties are hand-made in the company’s USA factory in Hope, Arkansas. Two big 10-inch woofers are made of the company’s proprietary spun-copper Cerametallic material, which adds stiffness while subtracting weight. That means more and lower frequencies, with less distortion. Two rear ports augment the bass even more, for faithful reproduction whether you’re listening to music or watching movies.
Big Stage Presence
The 1-3/4 inch titanium tweeter fires high frequencies through the company’s trademark Tractrix horn, renowned for placing listeners in the middle of a movie’s action or at center stage with their favorite music. In the parlance of the industry, the RF-7II throws a huge soundstage, for a front-row seat to every performance. And, for the techies in the audience, dual-binding posts on the back allow for bi-amping (that is, using separate amplifiers for the woofers and tweeters) or bi-wiring (using separate cables to connect the woofers and tweeters to the amp), to squeeze out the last ounce of performance.
Plays Well With Others
Make no mistake. The RF-7II speaker may be high-end enough to benefit from these kinds of tweaks, but it doesn’t demand the coddling of many audiophile systems. The “load” presented to the amplifier is not at all fussy, and Klipsch’s horn speakers are renowned for their high efficiency, so they’ll pair well with a wide range of amplifiers and AV receivers, and eke the most performance out of each. And they deliver a wide dynamic range for full sonic impact.
Look Good, Sound Good
The result is suitably impressive sound – big, natural, and satisfying at any listening level, from don’t-wake-the-kids quiet to shake-the-foundations loud. The RF-7IIs look great (in either Black Ash or Medium Cherry finish) in any living room, sound spectacular, and make the most of whatever you choose to listen to.
Pairs Well With:
The RC-64II Reference Series Center Channel Speaker is an ideal sonic match to the RF-7IIs. And add a pair of our Klipsch Dolby Atmos Elevation RP-140SAs, for that raise-the-roof sensation from the latest home cinema systems.
WWS: What We Say
“These speakers kick butt! You feel like you’re at a rock concert. And they’re every bit as good for home theater, very live, very exciting.”
– Dave Sailer, World Wide Stereo product specialist (and proud owner)
Klipsch RF-7 II Specifications
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30Hz-24KHz 3dB
- POWER HANDLING: 250W RMS / 1000W Peak
- SENSITIVITY: 101dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 1200Hz
- HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVERS: 1.75" (4.45cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
- HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 8" square 90 x 60 Tractrix Horn
- LOW FREQUENCY DRIVERS: Two 10" (25.4cm) CerametallicTM cone woofers
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass-reflex via dual rear-firing ports
- INPUTS: Dual binding posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
- HEIGHT: 48.5" (123.3cm) with feet
- WIDTH: 11.6" (29.5cm)
- DEPTH: 16.3" (41.5cm) with grille
- WEIGHT: 87.1lbs (39.5kg)