II In-Wall Speaker Highlights:
- Pivoting Tractrix® Horn creates precise sound in any location
- Dual cerametallic woofers provide tight, defined bass
- 300W of peak power will bring the concert to your living room
- IR Receiver Knockout for Repeater device
- Paintable, low-profile SlimTrim™ magnetic grille
- Cutout Dimensions: 16.5” H (41.91cm) x 6.5” W
- 3.5” (8.89cm) Mounting Depth
- 6.5 lbs. (2.95kg)
- Warranty: Klipsch 5-year limited warranty
- World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The Room With Sound, Not Speaker Wire
Movie and music lovers rejoice; you can finally fill your home with high quality audio without having to rearrange your entire house. Take your listening experience to the next level with the Klipsch R-5502-W II. This dynamic sounding speaker is designed to hide behind your wall, making it perfect for your living room home theater. Alternatively, put a pair in your bedroom, den, or home office for crystal clear surround sound.
Sound That’s Out of Sight
The Klipsch R-5502-W II features an aluminum grill that easily hides behind any wall and can be painted to match the exact color of your room’s décor. It’s SlimTrim grille reduces the frame size by 90% and grille depth by 80% over the previous model and uses magnets to easily and securely attach, and virtually eliminate resonant distortion.
Audio Right Where You Want it
Not all speakers are created equal. High frequencies are much more directional than their low-end bass counterparts. The Klipsch Pivoting Tractrix Horn lets you aim the sound directly toward your favorite listening area, creating a dynamic and defined acoustic experience no matter where you sit. Only Klipsch in wall speakers are this powerful and compact.
No room is too big, or too small. The R-5502W II was designed for long lasting performance in any standard wall, ceiling or drop ceiling. The Sure-Grip Mounting Dogs provide even pressure against drywall for long-term durability.
Models ending with a “W” are for in-wall installations. Models ending in “C” should be used for in-ceiling applications. Either model can be used as front, center or surround channels in audio or home theater applications, or as part of a surround sound system. For new construction homes you can purchase the Klipsch IK-502-W Install Kit to provide increased mounting flexibility and pre-install marking.
How Does the Klipsch Horn Work?
The circular part of a speaker that pushes air is called the diaphragm. The more the air moves the louder the sound. Klipsch uses a flared horn to radiate the diaphragm all the way to the mouth of the horn, creating louder sound. The electromechanical efficiency and power capability of the speaker does not change. However, the transfer of mechanical to acoustical energy is greatly increased. The result is accurate and dynamic sound transmission that reproduces the softest sounds with crystal clarity and the loudest sounds without distortion. Tech talk aside, the Klipsch Horn creates a lifelike soundstage that transports you into the middle of your favorite movie, or the front row of a concert hall.
Legendary Klipsch Sound
Klipsch has been raising the bar for home audio performance since 1946. Their speakers are designed with four principles in mind: High Efficiency, Low Distortion, Controlled Directivity and Flat Frequency Response. They deliver a crisp, powerful, full-range sound, without altering the highs, mids or lows – producing sound the way the artist wanted it to be heard.
The R-5502-W II in-wall left, center or right (LCR) speaker has what it takes to deliver compelling music and movie sound performances just as the artists and directors intended -- it simply does it without taking up any valuable floor or shelf space.
- Perfect for left, center or right channel use
- Easily mounts horizontally or vertically
- Horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion
- Treble and midbass attenuation switches and IR receiver knock out
- Elegant new, low-profile SlimTrimTM magnetic grille
The R-5502-W II employs dual, updated 5.25-inch CerametallicTM woofer cones for fast accurate sound with even tighter bass while a 1-inch Titanium tweeter mated to a pivoting Tractrix Horn generates pinpoint imaging and flat in-room frequency response. The addition of a Linear Travel Suspension to the tweeter increases high frequency detail and smoothness. This in-wall speaker also consistently delivers thrilling realistic sound whether its installed vertically as a left or right channel speaker or horizontally as a center channel speaker.
Bass and treble switches with custom EQ settings allow the speaker to be tailored to its environment while an IR receiver knockout hole allows for an infrared repeater bringing custom configuration to installers. Available in a paintable white finish the R-5502-W II can be paired with the Klipsch IK-502-W installation kit (sold separately).
- Built From: 2012
- Crossover Frequency: 2200Hz & 1300Hz
- Cutout Dimensions: 16.5" H (41.91cm) x 6.5" W (16.51cm)
- Dimensions: 17.75" H (45.09cm) x 8" W (20.32cm)
- Enclosure Material/Type: ABS/Infinite baffle, front flush with wall
- Finish: White paintable frame and grill
- Frequency Response: 46Hz-20KHz A 3dB
- High Frequency Driver: 1a? (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver mated to pivoting 90A x 90A square TractrixA Horn
- Installation Kit: IK-502-W (sold separately)
- Low Frequency Driver: Dual 5.25a? (13.34cm) Cerametallica cone woofers
- Mounting Depth: 3.5" (8.89cm)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Power Handling: 75W RMS / 300W Peak
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 130 W
- Sensitivity: 92dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Weight: 6.5 lbs. (2.95kg)
- Wire Gauage Accommodated: 12 ga