Your Stereo’s New Centerpiece
Do you need a speaker that can project across your very largest rooms? Are you ready to upgrade to a full home stereo? Do you have a home theater needing rich, deep, full sound? If so, the Klipsch R-26F floorstanding speaker is right for you.
The performance is legendary. Hear your albums and tracks, your MP3s and Spotify playlists, your movies and games come alive with a depth and richness never achieved before. The style is legendary. These speakers are the centerpiece of any true home stereo system, able to stand out or blend in. It turns out you can buy happiness: it’s copper and black.
Legendary Klipsch Sound
Traditional speaker systems have three drivers that produce sound. These are called tweeters (for highs), mid-ranges, and woofers (for bass). Instead, these Klipsch speakers use just two types of driver: copper woofers and their patented Tractrix horn.
The Klipsch R-26F has enhanced drivers that result in more even sound coverage that fills a room with rich, immersive audio – hear the nuances of a triangle’s ting or the powerful guitar riff of your favorite rock band. When it comes to accurate sound reproduction, Klipsch floorstanding speakers set the bar higher than ever.
Highest Quality Audio Components
Inside these speakers lie resonance-deadening MDF cabinets - a true wonder of acoustic engineering. Klipsch’s two trademark 6½” woofers are injection-molded graphite (IMG) unit, covered in bright orange spun copper. Covering the mid-range and the top of the bass range, this woofer -- powered by nested ceramic magnets -- richly reproduces everything from Kiss to Kanye and everything in between.
What's a Tractrix Horn
Mounted directly above the woofers is a wonder of Klipsch’s sonic technology -- its Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) Tractrix horn. Unlike a traditional tweeter, the Tractrix horn reproduces clear, crisp, subtle highs -- reproducing sound exactly as the artist intended it, free of distortion.
This attention to detail is not just skin-deep. Look inside the horn, and find the arrow-straight LTS system, powered by an absurdly strong neodymium magnet. Tech jargon aside, this process ensures a sound that’s wholly unique - almost as pure as a trip to the orchestra.
Part of a Complete Sound System
The R-26F floorstanding speakers are just one part of a complete Klipsch Reference™ sound system. Along with Klipsch's high end subwoofers, you’ll find they match up with the Klipsch R-14M or Klipsch R-15M bookshelf speakers, Klipsch R-25C center channel, and Klipsch R-14S or Klipsch RP-250S surround speakers for a complete home theater system with surround sound.
- Fills small to medium rooms with powerful, lifelike performances
- Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet
- Removable grille for clean, streamlined look
- Bass reflex design
- Front-loading port for superior airflow and more powerful bass
- Dimensions -
39" H x 7.8" W x 13.5" D
- Weight - 41.9 lbs
- Warranty – 5 Years
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- Frequency Response: 38Hz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: 97dB @ 2.83v / 1m
- Power Handling (Cont/Peak): 100W/400W
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms Compatible
- Low Frequency Extension: 35Hz
- Crossover Frequency: 1800Hz
- High Frequency Driver: 1" (2.54cm) Aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horn
- Low Frequency Driver: Dual 6.5" (16.5cm), copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofers
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via front-firing port
- Inputs: Dual binding posts/ bi-wire/ bi-amp
- Height: 39" (99.1 cm)
- Width: 7.8" (19.8 cm)
- Depth: 13.5: (34.5 cm)
- Weight: 41.9 lbs (19.02 kg)
- Finish: Brushed Black Polymer Veneer
Customer Reviews for Klipsch R-26F Reference Floorstanding Speaker - Each (Black)
I have several Klipsch speakers in my setup and this seems like a quality issue that shouldn't happen at these prices.