Home Stereo, Redefined
Are you looking to move your den’s stereo system to your living room? Do you have your eye on a projector and are contemplating creating a home theater? The Klipsch R-24F floorstanding speakers are perfect for you. Mating their famed sound quality with the large cabinets necessary to truly project sound, these are big speakers for big spaces. Welcome to your home stereo, redefined.
Legendary Klipsch Sound
Traditional speaker systems have three drivers that produce sound. These are called tweeters (for highs), mid-ranges, and woofers (for bass). Instead, these Klipsch speakers use just two types of driver: copper woofers and their patented Tractrix horn.
These enhanced drivers result in more even sound coverage that fills a room with rich, immersive audio – hear the nuances of a triangle’s ting or the powerful guitar riff of your favorite rock band. When it comes to accurate sound reproduction, Klipsch has set the bar higher than ever.
High Quality Audio Components
Inside these speakers lie resonance-deadening MDF cabinets - a true wonder of acoustic engineering. Klipsch’s two trademark 4½” woofers are injection-molded graphite (IMG) unit, covered in bright orange spun copper. Covering the mid-range and the top of the bass range, this woofer -- powered by nested ceramic magnets -- richly reproduces everything from Kiss to Kanye and everything in between.
What's a Tractrix Horn?
Mounted directly above the woofers is a wonder of Klipsch’s sonic technology -- its Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) Tractrix horn. Unlike a traditional tweeter, the Tractrix horn reproduces clear, crisp, subtle highs -- reproducing sound exactly as the artist intended it, free of distortion.
This attention to detail is not just skin-deep. Look inside the horn, and find the arrow-straight LTS system, powered by an absurdly strong neodymium magnet. Tech jargon aside, this process ensures a sound that’s wholly unique - almost as pure as a trip to the orchestra.
Compact and Classy
The R-24F is remarkably compact for its size, 6½” by 10” on the floor. This lets them be placed unobtrusively around the room. Towers on either side of your TV? Space-fillers in your forgotten corners? No problem at all. And the understated Klipsch look shines when called attention to while at the same time fading when called on to stay in the background.
Part of a Complete Sound System
The R-24F floorstanding speakers are just one part of a complete Klipsch Reference™ sound system. Along with the subwoofers, you’ll find they match up with the Klipsch R-14M or Klipsch R-15M bookshelf speakers, Klipsch R-25C center channel, Klipsch R-14S or Klipsch RP-250S surround speakers, and Klipsch R-26F floor speakers for a complete home theater system with surround sound.
- Highly efficient design produces more output using less energy
- Fills a room with rich sound with less distortion than the competition
- Brushed black polymer veneer cabinet adds to the decor of any room
- Dynamic aluminum Linear Travel Suspension horn-loaded tweeter
- Dual 4.5" copper-spun, high-output IMG woofers deliver serious power
- Dimensions - 34.75" H x 6.5" W x 10" D
- Weight - 25 lbs.
- Warranty – Klipsch 5 year limited warranty
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Klipsch R-24F Floorstanding Speaker Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 45 - 24k +-3dB
- SENSITIVITY: 95dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- POWER HANDLING: 75W RMS / 300W Peak
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms Compatible
- HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 90º x 90º Tractrix Horn
- Low Frequency Driver: Two 4.5" (25.4cm) IMG woofers
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 1600Hz
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass-reflex via front firing port
- INPUTS: Dual Binding Posts / bi-wire / bi-amp
- HEIGHT: 34.75" (88.27cm) with feet
- WIDTH: 6.5" (16.51cm)
- DEPTH: 10" (25.4cm) with grille
- WEIGHT: 25lbs (11.34kg)
- FINISH: Brushed Black Polymer Veneer
- Built From: 2015
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- R-24F Reference Floorstanding Speaker
Customer Reviews for Klipsch R-24F Reference Floorstanding Speaker - Each
While these are certainly great speakers, they did not wow me. They were only slightly better than the Phillips Magnovox speakers I purchased at a Thrift Store. I kept them, didn't return. They are nice but I was a little disappointed. If compared to what I already had, I would not have invested the money in them. Just didn't get the WOW Factor.
2 months ago