The Go-Big-Or-Go-Home Speaker
Want to upgrade your home theater’s audio experience? Consider the Klipsch R-14S surround sound speakers. Fresh from the self-styled Keepers of the Sound, these speakers deliver a go-big-or-go-home experience, a home theater experience putting you in the middle of all the action. These speakers put the best seat in the house in your living room.
The Klipsch Difference
Traditional speaker systems have three drivers that produce sound. These are called tweeters (for highs), mid-ranges, and woofers (for bass). Instead, these Klipsch speakers use just two drivers: a copper woofer and their patented Tractrix horn.
These enhanced drivers result in more even sound coverage that fills a room with rich, immersive audio – hear the nuances of a triangle’s ting or the powerful guitar riff of your favorite rock band. When it comes to accurate sound reproduction, Klipsch has set the bar higher than ever.
Highest Quality Components
Inside these speakers’ resonance-deadening brushed-black polymer veneer cabinets lie a true wonder of acoustic engineering: Klipsch’s trademark 4” woofer is an injection-molded graphite (IMG) unit, covered in bright orange spun copper. Covering the mid-range and the top of the bass range, this woofer -- powered by nested ceramic magnets -- richly reproduces everything from Handel to hip-hop and everything in between.
What's a Tractrix Horn?
Located directly above the woofer is a piece of Klipsch’s sonic technology -- its Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) Tractrix horn. Unlike a traditional tweeter, the Tractrix horn reproduces clear, crisp, subtle highs -- reproducing sound exactly as the artist intended it, free of distortion.
This attention to detail is not just skin-deep. Look inside the horn, and find the arrow-straight LTS system, powered by an absurdly strong neodymium magnet. Tech jargon aside, this process ensures a sound that’s wholly unique - almost as pure as a trip to the orchestra.
What’s more, the R-14S speakers utilize Klipsch’s Wide Dispersion Surround Technology (WSDT). They produce sound from a bipole. What does this mean? There are three ways speakers can project sound. A “monopole” speaker projects sound directly at the listener at the expense of ambience, while a “dipole” one projects it perpendicular to the listener, quite literally bouncing it off the walls to create ambient sound. Klipsch’s bipole, on the other hand, combines the features of both monopoles and dipoles, nimbly directing sound effects directly at the listener while still producing ambient results.
Place it Anywhere
Technobabble aside, the upshot of this is that these speakers can be mounted anywhere and still provide a true surround sound experience. With their two horns on either side of the woofer, each speaker functions as a complete surround system. Each also comes included with a keyhole for wall-mounting.
Part of a Complete Sound System
Our R-14S surround speakers are just one part of a complete Klipsch Reference™ sound system. Along with the subwoofers, you’ll find they match up with our Klipsch R-14M or Klipsch R-15M bookshelf speakers, Klipsch R-25C center channel, Klipsch RP-250S surround speakers, and Klipsch R-24F or Klipsch R-26F floor speakers for your complete home theater system.
- Fills rooms with powerful surround sound effects
- Equally impressive with music and movies
- Highly efficient design produces more output using less energy
- Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure
- Plays louder with less distortion than the competition
- Dimensions: 6.66" H x 15” W x 6.5" D
- Weight - 8 lbs.
- Warranty – 5 years
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
Klipsch R-14S Surround Speakers Specifications:
- Frequency Response: 83Hz - 24kHz +/- 3dB
- LOW FREQUENCY EXTENSION: 78Hz
- SENSITIVITY: 89dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- POWER HANDLING: 50W Continuous/200W Peak
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms Compatible
- HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVERS: Dual 1" (2.54cm) Aluminum diaphragm compression drivers mated to 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horn
- Low Frequency Driver: 4" (10.2cm), copper spun IMG woofer
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 2200Hz
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Sealed (WDST)
- INPUTS: Single binding posts
- HEIGHT: 6.66" (16.9 cm)
- WIDTH: 15" (38.1 cm)
- DEPTH: 6.5" (16.5 cm)
- WEIGHT: 8lbs (3.6 kg)
- FINISH: Brushed Black Polymer Veneer
- Built From: 2014