High End Audio is Within Your Reach
Dreaming of owning the vaunted Klipsch Reference series but don’t think you’ve got the budget for it? Think again. The bestselling Klipsch R-14M bookshelf speakers are perfect for just about any room and any budget. Prepare to be wowed by the deep, rich, responsive sound that only Klipsch’s legendary audio engineering can provide. Your albums, MP3s, playlists, and TV shows will never sound the same again.
Able to handle 50 watts continuously, peaking at 200 watts, these units are also incredibly powerful. Projecting sound at an impressive range, they fill small and mid-sized rooms and can even be used in larger rooms and make a great finishing touch to full home theater systems.
Legendary Klipsch Sound
Traditional speaker systems have three drivers that produce sound. These are called tweeters (for highs), mid-ranges, and woofers (for bass). Instead, these Klipsch speakers use just two drivers: a copper woofer and their patented Tractrix horn.
These enhanced drivers result in more even sound coverage that fills a room with rich, immersive audio – hear the nuances of a triangle’s ting or the powerful guitar riff of your favorite rock band. When it comes to accurate sound reproduction, Klipsch has set the bar higher than ever.
Highest Quality Audio Components
Inside these speakers lie resonance-deadening MDF cabinets - a true wonder of acoustic engineering. Klipsch’s trademark 4” woofer is an injection-molded graphite (IMG) unit, covered in bright orange spun copper. Covering the mid-range and the top of the bass range, this woofer -- powered by nested ceramic magnets -- richly reproduces everything from Kiss to Kanye and everything in between. Only Klipsch monitor speakers can deliver like this.
The Tractrix Horn
Mounted directly above the woofer is a wonder of Klipsch’s sonic technology -- its Linear Travel Suspension (LTS) Tractrix horn. Unlike a traditional tweeter, the Tractrix horn reproduces clear, crisp, subtle highs -- reproducing sound exactly as the artist intended it, free of distortion.
This attention to detail is not just skin-deep. Look inside the horn, and find the arrow-straight LTS system, powered by an absurdly strong neodymium magnet. Tech jargon aside, this process ensures a sound that’s wholly unique - almost as pure as a trip to the orchestra.
A Perfect Pair
The R-14M bookshelf speakers pair exceptionally well with a powered subwoofer for a full, rich deep bass sound in small spaces. Consider bundling them with the Klipsch R-10SW or Klipsch R-12SW models for the complete Klipsch experience.
Part of a Complete Sound System
The R-14M bookshelf speakers are just one part of a complete Klipsch Reference™ sound system. Along with Klipsch's high end subwoofers, you’ll find they match up with the Klipsch R-25C center channel speaker, Klipsch R-14S or Klipsch RP-250S surround speakers, and Klipsch R-24F or Klipsch R-26F floorstanding speakers for a complete home theater system with surround sound.
- Fills small to medium rooms with powerful, lifelike performances
- Equally impressive playing music and movies
- Highly efficient design produces more output using less energy
- Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure
- Plays louder with less distortion than the competition
- 1" aluminum LTS tweeter, with minimized distortion for a crisp sound
- 4" copper-spun high-output IMG woofer
- Dimensions: 9.75" H x 5.88” W x 7.5" D
- R-14M Weight – 7.13 lbs. each
- Warranty – 1 year warranty on electronics, 3 year warranty on woofer, cabinet, and mechanics from date of purchase
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- Frequency Response: 64Hz - 24kHz +/- 3dB
- Sensitivity: 90dB @ 2.83V/1m
- Power Handling (Cont/Peak): 50W/200W
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms Compatible
- Low Frequency Extension: 58Hz
- Crossover Frequency: 2250Hz
- High Frequency Driver: 1" (2.54cm) Aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to 90° x 90° square Tractrix Horn
- Low Frequency Driver" 4" (10.2cm) copper spun magnetically shielded IMG woofer
- Enclosure Material: MDF
- Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via rear-firing port
- Inputs: Single binding posts
- Height: 9.75" (24.8 cm)
- Width: 5.88" (14.9 cm)
- Depth: 7.5" (19.1 cm)
- Weight: 7.13 lbs (3.2 kg)
- Finish: Brushed Black Ploymer Veneer