- Fully horn-loaded, 3-way system with a folded-horn 15" woofer, 2" midrange and 1" tweeter compression drivers
- Capable of extreme output levels with ultra low distortion and astonishing dynamic range
- Hertiage Cherry Finish
- Even though the La Scala II adopts a more finished appearance, it still delivers the same sparkling highs, extreme output and unsurpassed low distortion bass response as the original design. It also continues to utilize the same horn-loaded drivers as the Klipschorn, making it highly efficient and able to produce high volumes with undetectable distortion.
When the La Scala first launched in 1963, audio pioneer Paul W. Klipsch made it for Arkansas gubernatorial candidate Winthrop Rockefeller to use as a public address speaker. Because some considered it a "portable" and more affordable version of the revolutionary Klipschorn, the La Scala found success beyond the campaign. Despite its raw, unfinished appearance, the fully horn-loaded, three-way La Scala sounded so good people still wanted to put it in their living rooms.
Remaining virtually unchanged since those early campaign days, Klipsch decided to cosmetically improve the raw-looking La Scala by totally redesigning the way the cabinet was constructed. The goal was the achieve a more finished appearance and improve cabinet rigidity. It is now available in a variety of high-quality wood veneer finishes, including cherry, walnut and black ash. The La Scala II also includes a grille to cover the mid and high frequency horns. The bass horn cabinet walls are now constructed of 1-inch thick MDF rather than 34-inch plywood to offer more support, decrease resonance and deliver cleaner bass response.
- BUILT FROM: 2006
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: HF: 4500Hz MF: 400Hz
- DIMENSIONS: 38.5" H (97.79 cm) x 24.25" W (61.60 cm) x 25.25" D (64.14 cm)
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Birch Plywood and MDF
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Fully horn-loaded
- FINISHES: Cherry Lacquer
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 51Hz-17kHz +/- 4dB
- MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 121dB SPL
- MID FREQUENCY HORN: Exponential Horn
- MIDRANGE: K-55-X 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- POWER HANDLING: 100 w max continuous (400 w peak)
- SENSITIVITY: 105dB @ 1watt/1meter
- TWEETER: K-77-F 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
- WEIGHT: 175.5 lbs unboxed
- WOOFER: K-33-E 15" (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone / folded horn-loaded