To achieve intense, deep-bass output in large rooms, this high-performance subwoofer that is part of the THX Ultra2 family features a 12-inch, long-throw CerametallicTM driver and front-firing port. It includes a 15 pound motor structure and a 20-foot Monster THX Ultra cable with Neutrik Speakon connectors. The subwoofer is driven by an external 1-kilowatt amplifier (KA-1000-THX) tailored to its characteristics for maximum output and reliability with extremely low distortion.
- 12-inch, long-throw CerametallicTM driver
- Front-firing port
- Top-of-the-line internal wiring
The subwoofer's enclosure has the dado and rabbet construction used in Klipsch professional speakers for structural integrity. Finished in Galaxy black with an aluminum fascia, the KW-120-THX also features top-of-the-line internal wiring to ensure that every roar or explosion is heard with complete clarity.KW-120-THX Specifications:
- frequency response: 20-200Hz 3dB
- power handling: See KA-1000-THX
- specifications sensitivity: 130dB @ 30Hz, 122dB @ 20Hz, 112dB @ 15Hz 1/8 space, 1m (2 enclosures side-by-side per THX Ultra2)
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- woofer: 12" (30.5cm) front-firing, CermetallicTM cone, cast aluminum frame driver with a 240oz ceramic magnet structure
- amplifier: Use only with KA-1000-THX
- enclosure material: MDF
- enclosure type: Bass reflex via front-firing slot port
- dimensions: 20.25" (51.4cm) H x 17.75" (45.1cm) W x 17.75" (45.1cm) D (w/ grille)
- weight: 80 lbs. (36.3kg)
- finishes: Galaxy Black cabinet with Black anodized aluminum fascia
Customer Reviews for Klipsch KW120THX 12" THX Ultra2 Certified Passive Subwoofer
Now I have all the bass I ever dreamed off, and there are times that I believe that the couch I am sitting on,is moving backwards....
I can feel all the kick in my gut,even though the power knob is set at "10 o'clock" and the volume on the receiver does not go above "-10.00db"...
They are are here to stay for a long long time....