- Highly efficient: 105 dB 1W / 1M
- Fully horn-loaded, full range, three-way system with a patented folded-horn 15" woofer delivers powerful low frequencies
- 2" midrange and 1" tweeter compression drivers.
- Capable of extreme output levels with ultra low distortion and astonishing dynamic range
Audio pioneer and company founder Paul W. Klipsch launched the Klipschorn loudspeaker in 1946 to enable people, for the first time ever, to experience the power, detail and emotion of a live performance at home. Commonly called a corner-horn speaker, the remarkably uncommon Klipschorn includes a highly efficient horn loaded tweeter and midrange compression driver. Its patented folded-horn 15" woofer delivers powerful low frequencies.
Considered a watershed industry event, the introduction of the Klipschorn set the standard for high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, low distortion, and smooth frequency response. These principles, which drive the creation of every single Klipsch loudspeaker, are what make the Klipschorn as sought after today as it was decades ago.
As the only speaker in the world to be in continuous production for 60 years, the Klipschorn has remained relatively unchanged since its inception. In 2005, the company made some minor cosmetic and functional revisions to this legendary speaker, including the elimination of the inset collar, or spacer, between the upper and lower cabinets for a cleaner aesthetic appearance. A horizontal wall seal was added to improve the low frequency horn's response accuracy.
- BUILT FROM: 1946
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: HF: 4500 Hz MF: 450 Hz
- DIMENSIONS: 50 .75 H (128.91 cm) x 31.25 W (79.38 cm) x 28.25 D (71.75 cm)
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Birch Plywood & MDF
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Fully horn-loaded
- FINISHES: Walnut Lacquer, Cherry Lacquer, Black Lacquer
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 33Hz-17kHz(+-) 4dB
- INPUT CONNECTIONS: 5-way binding posts / Bi-wire capable
- MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT: 121dB SPL
- MID FREQUENCY HORN: Exponential Horn
- MIDRANGE: K-55-X 2" (5.08cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- POWER HANDLING: 100 w max continuous (400 w peak)
- SENSITIVITY: 105dB @ 1watt/1meter
- TWEETER: K-77-F 1" (2.54cm) Phenolic diaphragm compression driver
- WEIGHT: 175 lbs unboxed
- WOOFER: K-33-E 15" (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone / horn-loaded with a trihedral exponential folded