Dive into your favorite action-packed movie with the realistic sound of Klipsch's KL-650-THC Ultra2 Bookshelf Speaker. This compact speaker is a THX Ultra2 certified loudspeaker designed primarily for front left-, center-, and right-channel reproduction in large, ultimate-performance home theaters. With Klipsch's well-known high-quality standard, you can bet on sonic purity and reliability.
As a leading supplier of high-performance cinema speaker systems, Klipsch knows how to make the most out of film soundtracks and surround effects. The Klipsch KL-650-THX LCR loudspeaker brings that knowledge to the comforts of home. As part of the THX Ultra2 family, this LCR reveals all the raw power and fine detail that the filmmakers originally intended.
The KL-650-THX is a THX Ultra2 certified loudspeaker designed primarily for front left-, center-, and right-channel reproduction in large, ultimate-performance home theaters. It can also be used for surround channels, however, and is equally suitable for combination home-theater/music systems demanding superb sound and high output capability. Its enclosure is front-ported to facilitate installation in custom cabinetry, and has back-panel threaded inserts compatible with OmniMount 60.0 Series wall/ceiling brackets.
The KL-650-THX design emerges directly from Klipsch’s experience as a leading supplier of cinema sound systems. A large, rectangular 90° x 60° Tractrix Horn raises the efficiency of the speaker’s 1-inch titanium-dome compression driver tweeter and optimizes its radiation pattern. The horn enables the speaker to meet THX Ultra2 directivity specifications without the lobing and combfiltering effects that afflict conventional multiple-tweeter solutions. And its dual 6.5-inch woofers have large, magnetically shielded motor structures that drive rigid, low-mass Cerametallic™ anodized-aluminum cones for high output and low distortion.
Construction is to the highest standard, with a professional grade rabbet and dado locked panel cabinet and premium components throughout to ensure sonic purity, consistency, and reliability.
Klipsch KL-650-THX Bookshelf Speaker Highlights:
- Front-firing port for low bass extension
- Dual 6.5-inch Cerametallic woofers
- 6- by 10-inch Tractrix Horn Tweeter with 1-inch titanium-dome compression driver
- Top-of-the-line internal wiring
Klipsch KL-650-THX Bookshelf Speaker Specifications:
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 48Hz-20kHz +/ 3dB
- SENSITIVITY: 97dB @ 2.83 volts / 1 meter
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible
- HF CROSSOVER: 1400Hz
- POWER HANDLING: 150 watts maximum continuous (600 watts peak)
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via front-mounted port
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: Medium density fiberboard construction (MDF)
- TWEETER: 1" (2.5cm) magnetically shielded titanium dome compression driver with 9.6oz ceramic magnet structure
- HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 10" x 6" rectangular 90°x 60° Tractrix Horn
- WOOFER: Two 6.5" (16.5cm) magnetically shielded, Cerametallic cone, cast aluminum frame drivers
- INPUT CONNECTIONS: Two sets of binding post speaker terminals (connected via brass strap jumpers)
- DIMENSIONS: 15" (38.1cm) H x 17" (43.2cm) W x 12.5" (31.8cm) D (w/grille)
- WEIGHT: 39 lbs. (17.7kg)
- FINISH: Galaxy Black cabinet with Black anodized aluminum fascia
- MOUNTING: 4-bolt pattern 1/4"-20 thread