Gallery G-42 Highlights
- Cross-over home
- Left, right and center channel speakers all in one sleek cabinet
- Accurate, non-fatiguing sound for hours of listening pleasure
- Horn-loaded technology in an extremely thin speaker
- Dynamic 1" tweeters one each for left, right and center channels
- Dimensions: 6"
H x 42" W x 2.4" D
- Weight: 12 lbs.
- Five-year factory warranty
- World Wide Stereo’s 60-day guarantee
The Flat Speaker for your Flat-Screen
Ready to move on up from your TV’s speakers and build a home theater of your own? We have what you’re looking for with our Klipsch Gallery G-42 soundbar. It’s a great little hifi system that perfectly matches any flatscreen TV - only a Klipsch soundbar can provide this level of performance.
A Three-in-One Deal
The secret of the G-42? It isn’t just one speaker. Instead, it’s three speakers back-to-back-to-back in one attractive black package. This setup gives it a dedicated center channel, as well as left and right channels for throwing sound to one ear or the other - the greatest films deserve high quality audio.
Your System’s Workhorse
The workhorse of a stereo system is its center channel, which delivers 60% of your movie’s soundtrack and all its dialogue. The rest -- the subwoofer, the surround-sound speakers, the monitors, and so on -- deliver just 40% of the soundtrack combined. Center speakers needs to big and muscular to handle everything you’re demanding from it -- and the G-42’s is just that.
The G-42 isn’t just a center channel, however. It also has left and right speakers for those thrown effects -- the kind of effects that, when you’re wearing headphones, you hear in one ear but not the other -- that can come out muddied on your TV’s speakers. Enjoy the surround sound of clear thrown effects from a single, easy-to-set-up soundbar.
The Klipsch Difference
Traditional speaker systems have three drivers that produce sound. These are called tweeters (for highs), squawkers (for mid-ranges), and woofers (for bass). Instead, these Klipsch speakers use just two types of driver: an injection-molded graphite (IMG) woofer and their patented Tractrix horn.
These enhanced drivers result in more even sound coverage that fills a room with rich, immersive audio – hear the nuances of a triangle’s ting or the powerful guitar riff of your favorite rock band. When it comes to accurate sound reproduction, Klipsch has set the bar higher than ever.
The Tractrix Horn
Mounted one for each channel -- left, right, and center -- is a masterpiece of Klipsch’s sonic technology -- its Tractrix horn. Unlike a traditional tweeter, the Tractrix horn reproduces clear, crisp, subtle highs -- reproducing sound exactly as the artist intended it, free of distortion.
These horns are driven by titanium compression drivers, with titanium dome tweeters embedded into the center of the horn itself. A wonderfully compact way to achieve classy Klipsch sound.
More Bass for You
Surrounding these horns are the four -- one each for the left and right channels; two for the center -- 3½” IMG woofers, their small size in this lightweight package belying their deep, rich bass sound. You’ll hear deeper and subtler sounds on these speakers than your TV could have ever picked up.
The Perfect Partner for Your TV
With its rich glossy black color, subtle structural curvature, and removable, magnetically-attached grille, the G-42 pairs well with any TV. Plus, it comes with a glass base for entertainment-stand placement and a pair of keyhole slots for easy wall mounting. Your Klipsch sound bar will be up and running in no time.
A Match Made in Heaven
Our G-42 soundbar also partners exceptionally well with a powered subwoofer for a full, rich deep bass sound in small spaces. Consider bundling them with our Klipsch R-10SW or Klipsch R-12SW models for the complete Klipsch experience.
Part of a Complete Set
Ready to expand? Consider the entire Klipsch Gallery line for a compact, lightweight home theater, or house-filling stereo. Our G-12, G-16, and G-28 flat panel speakers are infinitely modular for any purpose you may need.
The time has come to kiss those under-performing TV speakers goodbye thanks to the Klipsch GalleryTM G-42 soundbar. Born to perform, this sleek soundbar transforms average movie nights into out-of-this-world viewing and listening experiences.
- Cross-over home audio solution with left, right and center channel speakers contained in one sleek cabinet
- Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure
- Employs horn-loaded technology in an extremely thin speaker
- Dynamic 1" tweeters one each for left, right and center channels 3.5" high-output woofers one each for left/right channels, two for center channel
- Dimensions: 6" H x 42" W x 2.4" D
- Sleek, minimalist cabinets
- Available in high-gloss black
Embodying the same power, detail and emotion produced by renowned Klipsch horn-loaded speakers, the G-42 features exclusive Tractrix Horn technology that effortlessly delivers legendary Klipsch sound. Designed with modern decor in mind, each Klipsch Gallery component is part of a true cross-over home audio solution, occupying minimal space and delivering enhanced sound - no matter the need or living environment.
Four Laws of the Klipsch Universe
Beginning in 1946, company founder, Paul W. Klipsch believed four principles to be the foundation for great sound. Together, these four design principleshigh efficiency with low distortion, controlled directivity, flat frequency response, and wide dynamic rangehave and always will be the foundation for Klipsch's stunningly powerful and precise sound.
FeaturesEvery Klipsch Gallery speaker utilizes Tractrix Horn technology for lifelike sound, more output using less energy, improved reliability, reduced distortion and a large soundstage with well-defined imaging.
Titanium tweeter with linear travel suspensiontrickle-down technology from the flagship Palladium Seriesprovides an open, natural sound, making you feel as if youre on set and on stage.
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 2200Hz
- DIMENSIONS (without base): 6" (15.24 cm) H x 42" (106.68 cm) W x 2.4" (6.10 cm) D
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass-reflex
- FINISH: High Gloss Black
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 65Hz - 24kHz +/- 3dB
- HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER: Three 1" (2.54 cm) Titanium diaphragm compression drivers mated to 90 x 90 square Tractrix Horn
- INPUTS: Single wire 5-way binding posts (3 sets)
- LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER: Four 3.5" (8.89 cm) active long-throw IMG woofers (One each for left and right channels, two for center channel)
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms compatible
- POWER HANDLING: 50W RMS / 200W Peak
- SENSITIVITY: 92 dB @ 2.83 V / 1 m
- WEIGHT: 12 lbs (5.44 kg)