Cornwall III Highlights
- Ultra-low distortion
- Incredible dynamic range
- Real wood veneer finish
- Custom made - built to order
- Hand-crafted in the United States
- Legendary speaker since 1959
- Tweeter: 1” titanium-compression diaphragm with Tractrix horn
- Squawker: 1.75” titanium-compression diaphragm with exponential horn
- Woofer: 15” fiber-composite cone
- Weight: 98 lbs.
- Five-year factory warranty
- World Wide Stereo’s 60-day guarantee
Classic Sound Meets Modern Tech
Ready for an upgrade to the highest-quality speakers on the planet? It’s time to consider the hand-crafted, custom designed Klipsch Cornwall III, a speaker that can do it all. Part of Klipsch’s Heritage series, it belts out a wall of sound that leaves every other speaker in the dust - and it does it with a style that only Klipsch can deliver.
A Center-Channel Pioneer
Klipsch introduced the Cornwall in 1959 as a larger alternative to their best-selling Heresy series. A pioneer of the center channel, the Cornwall was designed to augment their best-selling Klipschorn speakers in very large rooms. Brought back in 1990 after a letter-writing campaign, the popular Cornwall III is also a highly versatile speaker in its own right -- prefiguring the development of classic floorstanding designs.
The Klipsch Difference
Hifi loudspeakers traditionally use three drivers: a tweeter for high ranges, a squawker for medium ranges, and a woofer for bass ranges. Klipsch’s Cornwall III was one of the speakers that originated that pattern, and to this day they do it better than anyone else.
The bottom line is that they have more even sound coverage that fills a room with rich, immersive audio – hear the nuances of a triangle’s ting or the powerful guitar riff of your favorite rock band. When it comes to accurate sound reproduction, Klipsch sets the highest bar of all - only a Klipsch Cornwall speaker can deliver this level of performance.
The top driver is a masterpiece of Klipsch’s sonic technology -- its 1” titanium compression tweeter, mated to a Tractrix horn. Unlike a traditional tweeter, the Tractrix horn reproduces clear, crisp, subtle highs -- reproducing sound exactly as the artist intended it, free of distortion, wholly unique - almost as pure as a trip to the orchestra.
Below the Tractrix horn, find the Cornwall’s midrange driver: a 1¾” titanium compression driver, connected to an exponential horn. (Horns are named after the shape of their curve.) If this sounds familiar, don’t be surprised: the fabled Klipschorn uses a similar midrange setup.
Perhaps the best part of the Cornwall III, however, is its immense 15” fiber-composite cone woofer. It’s the same driver that the Klipschorn uses for its bass, resulting in some of the deepest, richest lows from any speaker on the market.
Handcrafted in America
Klipsch’s Heritage Series are all hand-crafted and custom built-to-order right here in America at the legendary Klipsch factory in Hope, Arkansas. It’s a tradition that’s been handed down continuously from Klipsch’s very first speakers, ensuring the highest product quality standards. Call us today to learn more!
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE 34Hz - 20 kHz 3db
- POWER HANDLING 100w max continuous (400 w peak)
- SENSITIVITY 102 db @ 1watt/1meter
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE 8 ohms
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY HF: 5000Hz
- LF: 800Hz
- MAXIMUM ACOUSTIC OUTPUT 119db
- TWEETER K-107-TI 1" (2.54cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
- HIGH FREQUENCY HORN K-79-T Tractrix
- MIDRANGE K-53-TI 1.75" (4.45 cm) Titanium diaphragm compression driver
- MID FREQUENCY HORN Exponential Horn
- WOOFER K-33-E 15" (38.1cm) Fiber composite cone
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL MDF
- ENCLOSURE TYPE Bass reflex via front slot ports
- DIMENSIONS 35.75" H (90.81cm) x 25.31" W (64.29cm) x 15.5" D (39.37cm)
- WEIGHT 98 lbs
- FINISH Cherry
- BUILT FROM 2006