CDT-3650-C II Highlights
- Fill any room with high-quality surround sound
- Control how the music reaches your ears with swiveling tweeter
- Reduce audio distortion using horn-loaded technology
- Paintable, moisture resistant grille allows for room installation versatility
- 1” aluminum compression diaphragm matched
to swiveling Tractrix horn
- 6.5” injection-molded graphite (IMG) rotating cone woofer
- Diameter: 9.5”
- Weight: 5.3 lbs.
- Lifetime factory warranty
- World Wide Stereo’s 60-day guarantee
The Speaker You Never Knew You Needed
Ready to up your home stereo game? Consider our Klipsch CDT-3650C II ceiling-mounted speakers. With downward dispersion, they add an entirely new dimension to your stereo surround sound. Plus, they’re incredibly versatile: mount several in one room for an entire out-of-the-way ceiling-mounted stereo, or place them in the hallway and even in your bedrooms, bathrooms, and closets for a whole house-filling stereo system.
The Klipsch Difference
Traditional speaker systems have three drivers that produce sound. These are called tweeters (for highs), mid-ranges, and woofers (for bass).Instead, these Klipsch speakers use just two drivers: a cone woofer and their patented Tractrix horn.
These enhanced drivers result in more even sound coverage that fills a room with rich, immersive audio – hear the nuances of a triangle’s ting or the powerful guitar riff of your favorite rock band. When it comes to accurate sound reproduction, Klipsch has set the bar higher than ever.
At the heart of the CDT-3650C II is a single 6½” injection-molded graphite (IMG) cone woofer, yielding a deep, rich, and clear bass output. Outfitted with Klipsch’s top-of-the-line Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT), directing bass and mid-bass frequencies to the main listening area, the whole woofer is able to rotate a full 360 degrees in its casing, and even tilt up to 15 degrees up or down.
Tilt Your Tractrix
Mounted right inside the woofer is a masterpiece of Klipsch’s sonic technology -- its Tractrix horn. Unlike a traditional tweeter, the Tractrix horn reproduces clear, crisp, subtle highs -- reproducing sound exactly as the artist intended it, free of distortion. It’s a sound that’s wholly unique - almost as pure as a trip to the orchestra.
Not only that, but the horn has a whopping hundred degrees of dispersion -- and it swivels within its bracket. Unlike bass ones, midrange and high frequencies need to be directed towards the listener, and this swiveling Tractrix unit does just that.
Waterproof and Paintable
Included with the CDT-3560-C II is a white aluminum grille. This grille is paintable -- allowing your speakers to blend into whatever ceiling décor your room has -- and is water-resistant, allowing it to be mounted even in high-humidity environments like bathrooms and saunas.
Pair with our Installation Kits
A new house or renovation? Pair our CDT-3560C II with our IK-800-C installation kit or our ME-650-C fire-rated enclosure (sold separately) to embed in the ceiling and make it look like it’s always been there.
Klipsch CDT-3650-C II 6.5" In-Ceiling Speaker
With integrated whole-house audio systems becoming more popular than ever, Klipsch designed the CDT-3650-C II to meet the market's demand for a high-performance in-ceiling loudspeaker that easily challenges the inherent limitations of fixed locations.
Thanks to a patent-pending gimbal mechanism known as Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT) both the high and low frequencies of the CDT-3650-C II can be directed towards the listening area. With the 100 degree symmetrical Tractrix Horn, directing sound is more accurate than a typical dome tweeter which disperses a wider breadth of sound, leading to more reflected sounds that blur sonic details. The 6.5-inch IMG woofer also has great positioning capabilities. It can rotate a full 360 degrees and then shift 15 degrees in any direction. This flexibility combined with the swiveling tweeter puts you in complete control of where the sound will go.
The addition of a Linear Travel Suspension to the tweeter increases high frequency detail and smoothness. Other professional grade features such as a premium network and treble and bass contour switches help the CDT-3650-C II establish a new benchmark in architectural audio excellence.
The CDT-3650-C II can be paired with the Klipsch IK-650-C installation kit (sold separately). With a mud ring breakaway wire tie and color-coded brackets, it also includes perforated metal wings that easily fasten to the studs via screws staples or nails. It can also be paired with the ME-650-C fire rated speaker enclosure (sold separately) to meet local building codes and/or reduce sound transfer to adjoining rooms.
Klipsch CDT-3650-C II In-Ceiling Speaker Highlights:
- Horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion
- Controlled Directivity TechnologyTM directs high and midbass frequencies to the main listening area
- Treble attenuation switch
- Elegant new, low-profile SlimTrimTM magnetic grille
Klipsch CDT-3650-C II In-Ceiling Speaker Specifications:
- Built From: 2012
- Crossover Frequency: 2800Hz
- Cutout Dimensions: 9.5 (24.13cm)
- Diameter: 9.5" (24.13cm)
- Enclosure Material/Type: ABS/Infinite baffle, front flush with wall
- Finish: White paintable frame and grill
- Fire Rated Enclosure: ME-650-C (sold separately)
- Frequency Response: 63Hz-23KHz 3dB
- High Frequency Driver: 1" (2.54cm) Aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to a swiveling 100 round Tractrix Horn
- Installation Kit: IK-650-C (sold separately)
- Low Frequency Driver: 6.5" (16.51cm) pivoting IMG cone woofer
- Mounting Depth: 4.5" (13.72cm)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Power Handling: 50W RMS / 200W Peak
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 100 W
- Sensitivity: 93dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Weight: 6.8 lbs. (3.08kg)
- Wire Gauage Accommodated: 12 ga