Klipsch CDT-3650-C II 6.5" In-Ceiling Speaker
With integrated whole-house audio systems becoming more popular than ever, Klipsch designed the CDT-3650-C II to meet the market's demand for a high-performance in-ceiling loudspeaker that easily challenges the inherent limitations of fixed locations.
Thanks to a patent-pending gimbal mechanism known as Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT) both the high and low frequencies of the CDT-3650-C II can be directed towards the listening area. With the 100 degree symmetrical Tractrix Horn, directing sound is more accurate than a typical dome tweeter which disperses a wider breadth of sound, leading to more reflected sounds that blur sonic details. The 6.5-inch IMG woofer also has great positioning capabilities. It can rotate a full 360 degrees and then shift 15 degrees in any direction. This flexibility combined with the swiveling tweeter puts you in complete control of where the sound will go.
The addition of a Linear Travel Suspension to the tweeter increases high frequency detail and smoothness. Other professional grade features such as a premium network and treble and bass contour switches help the CDT-3650-C II establish a new benchmark in architectural audio excellence.
The CDT-3650-C II can be paired with the Klipsch IK-650-C installation kit (sold separately). With a mud ring breakaway wire tie and color-coded brackets, it also includes perforated metal wings that easily fasten to the studs via screws staples or nails. It can also be paired with the ME-650-C fire rated speaker enclosure (sold separately) to meet local building codes and/or reduce sound transfer to adjoining rooms.
Klipsch CDT-3650-C II In-Ceiling Speaker Highlights:
- Horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion
- Controlled Directivity TechnologyTM directs high and midbass frequencies to the main listening area
- Treble attenuation switch
- Elegant new, low-profile SlimTrimTM magnetic grille
Klipsch CDT-3650-C II In-Ceiling Speaker Specifications:
- Built From: 2012
- Crossover Frequency: 2800Hz
- Cutout Dimensions: 9.5 (24.13cm)
- Diameter: 9.5" (24.13cm)
- Enclosure Material/Type: ABS/Infinite baffle, front flush with wall
- Finish: White paintable frame and grill
- Fire Rated Enclosure: ME-650-C (sold separately)
- Frequency Response: 63Hz-23KHz 3dB
- High Frequency Driver: 1" (2.54cm) Aluminum diaphragm compression driver mated to a swiveling 100 round Tractrix Horn
- Installation Kit: IK-650-C (sold separately)
- Low Frequency Driver: 6.5" (16.51cm) pivoting IMG cone woofer
- Mounting Depth: 4.5" (13.72cm)
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- Power Handling: 50W RMS / 200W Peak
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 100 W
- Sensitivity: 93dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- Weight: 6.8 lbs. (3.08kg)
- Wire Gauage Accommodated: 12 ga