KLH Windsor 10 150W Subwoofer Overview
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, KLH is back with a new line of speakers – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to deliver an affordable audiophile experience to all. KLH’s entry level Windsor 10 subwoofer sports a 10-inch low-frequency driver formed of a proprietary composite of Kevlar, CSX, treated paper and fiberglass, coated with polyglass and driven by a capable matched amplifier that pumps out 150 watts continuously. The rear-ported bass reflex MDF cabinet helps the system stretch down to 32 Hz. A full set of controls on the back allows you to tweak the sub to your system – whether KLH’s own tone-and-style matched speaker line or your favorite theatrical surround set – and the whole package is wrapped in attractive black oak finish.
- 10-inch front-firing woofer of strong, light Kevlar/CSX/Polyglass composite
- Matched Class D digital amp with 150 watts RMS (300 peak)
- Rear-slot ported reflex enclosure augments bass
- Adjustable crossover frequency 40-150Hz for use with floorstanding or bookshelf systems
- Phase adjustable from 0 to 180 degrees
- Auto on-off powers on when signal is present
- High-quality reinforced MDF cabinet in black oak finish
- Dimensions: 15.47" x 13.19" x 15.24"
- Warranty: 5 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
From the heartland, from the heart
The new KLH, located in the USA’s heartland – Noblesville, Indiana – pays homage to the brand by building incredible value into every speaker. The Windsor 10, like the entire line, employs superior materials, designed with decades of engineering experience, to deliver a speaker that looks as good as it sounds, and sounds better than far more expensive competitors. As KLH’s new CEO, David Kelley, tells World Wide Stereo, the goal is to “take KLH back to its roots and founder Henry Kloss’s original mission: to build world-class loudspeakers and radios at affordable prices.”
Compact size, big bass
The Windsor 10 employs a high-excursion 10-inch driver, made of a proprietary composite of woven Kevlar/CSX/Fiberglass/paper, coated in polyglass and rigid enough to move with low distortion and light enough to react quickly to the signal. The Class D digital amplifier supplies a clean 150 watts continuously (300 watts peak). Whether you’re pairing it with bookshelf or floorstanding speaker systems, the Windsor 10 will add authority to moderate-sized home theater or listening systems.
Built to deliver
The high-density MDF cabinet is reinforced, finished in attractive black oak, and ported via a slot in back. That bass reflex system strengthens the low end, and helps the Windsor 10 deliver frequencies down to 32 Hz. And with LFE connections for surround receivers and line inputs for other systems, as well as volume, phase and crossover frequency controls across the back panel, it integrates well with most modern systems.
A brief history of sound
Back in the 1950s and early ‘60s, a band of pioneering engineers led the golden age of high fidelity. Among them, possibly the most revered is Henry Kloss, the K of KLH. An inveterate tinkerer and serial entrepreneur, he started some of the most influential companies of the era and beyond, from AR and Advent to Cambridge Soundworks and Tivoli Audio. Kloss is credited with introducing influential innovations including acoustic suspension speakers, Dolby tape recorders and projection TVs. To honor his memory and dedication to the highest fidelity in every product, the revamped KLH named its new speaker line for streets on and around Kloss’ beloved Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus in Cambridge, Mass.
- Frequency response: 32Hz - 160Hz
- Maximum output: 114dB
- Class D digital amplifier: 150W RMS/300W dynamic power
- Components: 10" driver, Proprietary blend of treated paper, Kevlar, CSX, and polyglass
- Enclosure material: MDF
- Enclosure type: Rear slot ported bass reflex
- Inputs: L/R line level/LFE RCA jacks
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 15.47" x 13.19" x 15.24"
- Finish: Black Oak Vinyl
- Features: Volume, lowpass, phase, auto power
- Phase: Switchable 0-180 degrees
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- WINDSOR 10 Front-Firing Subwoofer
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for KLH Windsor 10 150W Subwoofer (Black Oak)
1 month ago
6 months ago