KLH Quincy Floorstanding Loudspeaker Pair Overview
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, KLH is back with a full line of newly design speakers – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to make the audiophile experience affordable for all. The mid-line Quincy 3-way tower speaker embodies that goal. The Quincy features custom-built woofer and midrange drivers of durable and sonically superior Kevlar, with powerful magnets and cast aluminum baskets. The whole package is wrapped in real wood veneers – black oak or American walnut – with brushed-aluminum speaker faceplates that look elegant with or without the seamless magnetic grille attached. The new KLH is so confident that you’ll enjoy these speakers for years to come, the company offers an unheard-of 10-year warranty.
- Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- Three-way ported bass-reflex system with oversized magnets
- One 6-1/2 inch woven Kevlar bass driver
- One 5-1/4 inch Kevlar midrange
- 1-inch anodized aluminum tweeter
- Brushed aluminum fascia around drivers
- Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- Dense braced MDF internal chambers for low resonance
- Nickel-plated five-way binding posts with bi-amp capability
- Complete with black satin base, rubber feet and spikes for placement on floor or carpet
- Available in real walnut or black oak wood veneer
- Snap-on magnetic grille with no visible fasteners
- Dimensions: 37.5” high by 7.75” wide by 14.75” deep
- Weight: 40 lbs.
- Warranty: An exceptional 10 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
From the heartland, from the heart
The new KLH, located in the USA’s heartland – Noblesville, Indiana – pays homage to the brand by building incredible value into every speaker. The Quincy starts with superior materials – woven Kevlar cones with die-cast aluminum baskets, anodized aluminum domes, brushed aluminum faceplates, MDF cabinetry with real wood veneers, nickel-plated binding posts, top-quality crossover components – and adds in decades of engineering and design experience, to deliver a speaker that looks as good as it sounds, and sounds better than far more expensive competitors.
Tough, solid drivers…
Each Quincy sports a 6-1/2-inch Kevlar woofer for strength and stiffness, suspended via flexible, durable butyl rubber, in a powder-coated, die-cast aluminum basket with oversized magnet. A 5-1/4 inch midrange driver is similarly rugged. And the 1-inch dome tweeter is formed of anodized aluminum for crystal clarity, linear response and maximum dispersion.
…Working in perfect harmony
The individual drivers are controlled by custom crossover circuitry, built with the highest-grade components, and connected with braided tinsel wiring, all for smooth transitions among the drivers with maximum extension. The Quincy reaches deep down to 27Hz, and up beyond hearing to 23kHz, with flat frequency response (+/- 3dB) and convincingly wide soundstage.
Got extra channels?
Nickel-plated binding posts handle multiple types of speaker connections, from bare wire to banana plugs. And, if your amp or surround receiver has a couple channels to spare, consider bi-amping the Quincys (connections are supplied to separately power the lows and highs) for ultra-clean reproduction. The black satin base has a variety of installation feet, from rubber for bare floor to spikes for carpeting, for optimum decoupling from the floor’s surface.
- 3-way bass reflex system
- 1x 6.5" woven Kevlar bass driver
- 1x 5.25" woven Kevlar mid/bass driver
- 1" anodized aluminum tweeter
- Dual 5-way binding posts
- Frequency response: 27Hz - 23kHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: 95dB
- Power handling: 225W
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Crossover points: 1000Hz and 2.4kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 37.5" x 7.75" x 14.75"
- Weight: 40 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
(2) Quincy 3-Way Floorstanding Loudspeakers