KLH Cambridge Floorstanding Loudspeaker Pair Overview
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of audio, KLH is back with a full line of newly-designed speakers – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to deliver an audiophile experience affordable for all. The Cambridge, KLH’s smallest floorstanding speaker, embodies that goal. Designed and engineered in Indiana, the Cambridge features custom-built low/midrange drivers of durable and sonically superior Kevlar, with powerful magnets and cast aluminum baskets. The tweeter is domed anodized aluminum, the wiring is braided tinsel, and the high-quality crossover circuitry ensures smooth transitions among the drivers. Dense MDF internal chambers are braced for ultra-low resonance. The whole package is wrapped in real wood veneers – black oak and American walnut – and brushed-aluminum speaker faceplates that look elegant with or without the seamless magnetic grille attached. The new KLH is so confident, the company offers an unheard-of 10 year warranty. But, just as in the original KLH, it’s all about the sound, and the Cambridge, in a modest footprint and at a true value price, turns your listening room into a convincing concert hall or cinema. World Wide Stereo is proud to be an inaugural dealer for the new KLH speaker line.
- Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- Two-way ported bass-reflex system
- Dual 5-1/4 inch woven Kevlar low/midrange drivers with die-cast aluminum baskets and oversize magnets
- 1-inch anodized aluminum tweeter
- Brushed aluminum fascia around tweeter and drivers
- Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- Dense MDF internal chambers for lower resonance
- Nickel-plated five-way binding posts with bi-amp capability
- Complete with black satin base, rubber feet and spikes for placement on floor or carpet
- Available in real walnut or black oak wood veneer
- Snap-on magnetic grille with no visible fasteners
- Dimensions: 35.25” high by 6.5” wide by 11.5” deep
- Weight: 31 lbs.
- Warranty: An exceptional 10 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
From the heartland, from the heart
The new KLH, located in the USA’s heartland – Noblesville, Indiana – pays homage to the brand by building incredible value into every speaker. The Cambridge starts with superior materials – woven Kevlar cones with die-cast aluminum baskets, anodized aluminum domes, brushed aluminum faceplates, MDF cabinetry with real wood veneers, nickel-plated binding posts, top-quality crossover components – and adds in decades of engineering and design experience, to deliver a speaker that looks as good as it sounds, and sounds better than far more costly competitors.
Tough, solid drivers…
Each Cambridge sports dual 5.25-inch low-midrange drivers with Kevlar cones for strength and stiffness, suspended via flexible, durable butyl rubber, in powder-coated, die-cast aluminum baskets with extra powerful magnets. KLH’s 1-inch dome tweeter is formed of anodized aluminum for crystal clarity, linear response and maximum dispersion.
…Working in perfect harmony
Custom crossover circuitry controls the individual drivers, constructed with the highest-grade components, and all tied together with braided tinsel wiring, for minimal interference between drivers and maximum extension. Together, they reach down to 33Hz, and up beyond hearing to 23kHz, with flat frequency response (+/- 3dB) and wide soundstage.
Got extra channels?
Nickel-plated binding posts handle multiple types of speaker connections. And if your amp or receiver has a couple unused channels, you can bi-amp the Cambridge (separate connections are supplied for low and high frequencies) for ultra-clean sonic reproduction. The sturdy black satin MDF base has a selection of feet, from rubber for bare floor to spikes for carpeting, for optimum decoupling from the room surface.
Looks great covered or uncovered
The cabinet is finished in genuine wood veneers (choice of black oak or walnut). And the magnetic clasps for the grille are hidden, so if you prefer your speaker systems naked, the Cambridge’s fully finished front panel with brushed aluminum speaker faceplates will happily oblige any exhibitionist tendencies.
- 2x 5.25" woven Kevlar bass/mid drivers
- 1" anodized aluminum tweeter
- 3/4" MDF construction
- Dual 5-way binding posts
- Frequency response: 33Hz to 23kHz +/-3dB
- Sensitivity: 94dB
- Power handling: 200W
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Crossover point: 2.4kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 35.25" x 6.5" x 11.5"
- Weight: 31 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
(2) Cambridge 2-Way Floorstanding Loudspeakers