KLH Beacon Surround Speakers Overview
One of the most hallowed nameplates in the history of home audio, KLH is back with a full line of new-design speakers – and a rededication to the company’s original mission to deliver an affordable audiophile experience. The Beacons, KLH’s surround speakers, are designed with that same concern for quality and value. If you are building a home theater, the Beacon meshes perfectly with KLH’s full line of front and center speakers. They share the same custom-designed woofer/midrange drivers of woven Kevlar and anodized aluminum dome tweeters, as well as similar crossover circuitry of the highest-quality components. With solid, sturdy MDF cabinetry of real black oak veneer, and a sealed cabinet that employs acoustic suspension principles for clarity and control, the Beacon brings your favorite movies and soundtracks to life.
- Designed in USA and engineered of premium materials
- Two-way, dipole acoustic suspension surround speaker
- Dual 5-1/4 inch woven Kevlar low/midrange drivers with die-cast aluminum baskets and oversize magnets
- Dual 1-inch anodized aluminum tweeters with linear response faceplate
- Brushed aluminum fascia around tweeter and drivers
- MDF construction with low resonance braced speaker chambers
- Custom crossover circuitry with top-quality components
- Nickel plated five-way binding posts
- Real black oak wood veneer
- Snap-on pin-and-cup two-sided grilles
- Single 1/4" - 20 threaded insert on the back of cabinet for wall mounting
- Dimensions: 11.25” high by 11.5” wide by 6.375” deep
- Weight: 11.25 lbs.
- Warranty: An exceptional 10 years – World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
From the heartland, from the heart
The new KLH, located in the USA’s heartland – Noblesville, Indiana – pays homage to the brand by building incredible value into every speaker. The Beacon surround combines superior materials – woven Kevlar cones with die-cast aluminum baskets, anodized aluminum domes, brushed aluminum faceplates, MDF cabinetry with real wood veneer, top-quality crossover components – with decades of engineering and design experience, to deliver a speaker that looks as good as it sounds, and sounds better than some far more expensive competitors.
Designed to envelop …
To match the sonic signature of the rest of KLH’s speaker line, the Beacon shares many of the components, aimed at angles designed to surround you with pinpoint-accurate effects. Dual 5.25-inch low/midrange drivers are made of woven Kevlar for strength and stiffness and suspended via flexible, durable butyl rubber, in die-cast aluminum baskets with extra powerful magnets for efficiency. And dual 1-inch dome anodized aluminum tweeters are designed for crystal clarity, linear response and maximum dispersion.
… And to harmonize
Custom circuitry, constructed with the highest-grade components, smoothes the crossover frequencies, and separate braced internal chambers help minimize driver interference. The Beacon’s acoustic suspension cabinetry minimizes resonances for tight, clear lower-frequency response. Braided tinsel wiring connects it all together, and together the package offers flat (+/- 3dB) response up to 23kHz.
The new KLH is so confident that you will continue to enjoy its products for a long time that it offers an unheard-of 10-year warranty on its entire line.
Looks great, covered or uncovered
The cabinet is finished in genuine black oak veneer. And, while most folks prefer that surround speakers don’t draw undue attention, if you prefer to show off your hardware, just snap off the dual grills and display the Beacon’s fully finished faces and brushed aluminum speaker faceplates.
A brief history of sound
Back in the 1950s and early ’60s, a band of engineers revolutionized the audio world and ushered in the golden age of high fidelity. Among them, possibly the most warmly remembered is Henry Kloss, the K of KLH. An inveterate tinkerer and serial entrepreneur, he also started such influential companies as AR, Advent, Cambridge Soundworks and Tivoli Audio. Kloss is credited with introducing influential innovations from acoustic suspension speakers to Dolby recorders. To honor his memory and dedication to the highest fidelity in all his products, the revamped KLH has named its new speaker line for streets on and around Kloss’ beloved Massachusetts Institute of Technology campus in Cambridge, Mass.
- 2x 5.25" woven Kevlar bass drivers
- 1" anodized aluminum tweeters
- 5-way binding post
- Frequency response: 56Hz - 23kHz
- Sensitivity: 87dB
- Power handling: 125W
- Impedance: 8Ω
- Crossover points: 2.4kHz
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 11.25" x 11.5" x 6.25"
- Weight: 16 lbs.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- Beacon Surround Speakers - Pair
- Power cord
Customer Reviews for KLH Beacon Surround Speakers - Pair (Black Oak)
8 months ago
1 year ago