- 10” square car subwoofer designed to deliver more bass response than its competitors
- Injection-molded SoloKon™ woofer cone for deep, low bass response
- Santoprene® rubber surround stitched to the woofer cone for added strength
- Dual 2-ohm voice coils for different wiring configurations
- Up to 500 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 1000 watts
- Frequency response range: 25Hz – 100Hz
- Sensitivity: 85.9dB
- Mounting depth: 6-1/8”
- Mounting hole cutout: 9-5/16”
- Warranty: 1 year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The square subwoofer
A long time ago, Kicker engineers designed and developed a unique concept: the square subwoofer. The Kicker 45L7R102 10” car subwoofer proudly carries on the legacy that its forefathers established. You simply won’t get the impact or the performance from any other subwoofer on the market. As we mentioned earlier, the math is simple and the results are impressive.
Stitching: Better than glue
Many subwoofer companies employ glue and other adhesive products to adhere the cone of the subwoofer to the foam or rubber surround. That’s not the case with the Kicker L7R subwoofers. Using an eye-catching red thread, the cone and rubber surround are married together with a long-lasting bond. Not only does it look gorgeous, it adds a lot of strength to that bond. The result: you get one of the best-built, well though-out subwoofers to date.
Dual voice coil design
The 45L7R102 car subwoofer features a dual 2-ohm voice coil set up. This is done for a couple of different reasons: it allows the subwoofer to handle more power with ease and it also helps wire one (or multiple woofers) in either a series or parallel configuration to change the final impedance of the set up. By doing this, you can help your subwoofer extract more or less power from the connected amplifier.
Advanced thermal management
As you demand louder volume and more output from the Kicker subwoofer, heat is going to build up. The engineers over at Kicker wanted a way to quickly and easily dissipate this heat so it’s not building up in the subwoofer and causing it to fail. The UniPlate™ pole piece and backplate were designed to manage this heat. They wick it away from the internal components of the subwoofer and dissipate it into the surrounding atmosphere. A subwoofer that runs in a well-managed thermal environment is going to sound great and last a long time.
Allow us to suggest…
To properly power this subwoofer (assuming you are using only a single 45L7R102 subwoofer in your setup and the voice coils are wired in parallel for a 1-ohm load), we would recommend a single-channel (or monoblock) amplifier that is stable at 1 ohm. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 1 ohm would fall around 500 watts.
- Size [in, cm]: 10, 25
- Impedance [Ohms]: 2 DVC
- Power (Watts) [peak/RMS]: 1000/500
- Sensitivity [dB 1w/1m]: 85.9
- Mounting depth [in, cm]: 6-1/8, 15.7
- Mounting diameter [in, cm]: 9-5/16, 23.7
- Min. sealed box volume [cu. ft, L]: .66, 18.7
- Max. sealed box volume [cu. ft, L]: 1, 28.3
- Min. vented box volume [cu. ft, L]: 1.25, 35.4
- Max. vented box volume [cu. ft, L]: 2.25, 63.7
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One 45L7R102 subwoofer
- Mounting hardware
- Owners manual