Kicker 45KEY1804 4-Channel Amplifier Overview
The 45KEY1804 4-channel smart amplifier/audio processor from Kicker packs a lot of features into a rather compact chassis. This Kicker car audio product doesn’t only push out 45 watts x 4 channels (at 4 ohms), it also includes a wired microphone that (once mounted securely) will analyze the audio and make the necessary adjustments to improve your audio experience.
- Ultra-compact 4-channel amplifier w/ built-in audio processor
- 45 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Class D technology for efficiency
- Microphone included to help the amplifier analyze/correct the audio
- Built-in 40-band equalizer that helps enhance the musicality of the speakers
- Selectable high-pass filter: Off, 60Hz, 80Hz, or 120Hz
- Selectable Kicker EQ Preset (on or off) for an enhanced frequency response curve
- Selectable auto time alignment (on or off) for improved audio imaging and auto compression for better listening experience
- Selectable bi-amp mode (on or off) for different audio setups
- Compatible with vehicles featuring Start/Stop technology
- Aftermarket radio integration via pre-amp inputs
- Included wired remote so you can dial in the proper amount of bass response from a convenient location
- Product dimensions (WxHxD): 7”W x 1-11/16”H x 2-3/4”D
- Product weight: N/A
- Warranty: 1 year - World Wide Stereo is an authorized dealer for every brand we sell
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
The 45KEY1804 4-channel compact car audio amplifier/audio processor from Kicker is a unique piece of gear. Not only does it have the horsepower under the hood to drive a modest speaker system, it also has a built-in digital sound processor to help improve several facets of sound quality and imaging that are typically compromised in vehicles. Setup is simple and the after-install quality is stunning – even with factory-installed speakers.
Another neat aspect of the 45KEY1804 amplifier is that it is capable of being used in bi-amp mode. Not familiar with the term? Allow us to explain! Bi-amping can be used when powering a component speaker system (when the tweeter and woofers are separate pieces). The crossovers that are included with the speaker system are put aside and the 45KEY1804 now independently powers the two tweeters and two woofers of that component system. This is done to not only throw more power at the speakers, but also to give you more tuning options at the amplifier. This type of wiring scheme is rarely done, but you might find a use for it in your current (or future) car audio setup. Please note that this amplifier can absolutely be used as a 4-channel amp to power four speakers and that this is the most popular application for this amplifier.
Press a button and voila – Instant audio enhancement!
Included with Kicker’s 45KEY1804 is a microphone that is wired to the “Mic” input found on the side of the amplifier. Once the microphone is plugged in and ran to an appropriate location (use the supplied headrest bracket mount for the microphone so it sits approximately where your head is when sitting in the driver’s seat) and press the activation button that is attached to the mic. You will have 10 seconds to exit the vehicle (the loud tones and beeps aren’t comfortable to listen to, so please don’t be in the vehicle when the amplifier is being tuned) and the amplifier begins to analyze the audio and the imaging to help make an impact on the audio overall. Once it’s done, you’ll hear a happy little jingle play through your speakers to signify that it’s completed the tune. Hop on in, put away the microphone, and listen to your enriched audio system!
Start/stop vehicle technology
The 45KEY1804 is one of the first amplifiers that is compatible with newer vehicles that feature the Start/Stop technology. This permits the amplifier to continue to perform if you own a vehicle that turns off the engine when the vehicle comes to a stop and turns the engine back on when the foot brake is released. Because the engine is turning off and then back on, the voltage in the vehicle will fluctuate. This could cause traditional amplifiers to turn off and then back on (which can cause popping through your speakers) or the amplifier could pass a clipped audio signal to the speakers and do potential damage. The Kicker engineers had this in-mind when building the 45KEY1804 and made sure it had the internal circuitry to remain running when installed into one of these Start/Stop vehicles. No popping, no clipping – just killer sound.
The 45KEY1804’s chassis is quite compact (measuring in at 7”W x 1-11/16”H x 2-3/4”D ) which lends itself well to hiding away in just about any space you can find in your vehicle. The amplifier doesn’t need to take up half of your trunk to operate well. It will happily live under a front seat or behind a plastic panel.
- Power (watts/ch), 4 Ohm stereo: 45x 4
- Microphone/Kicker EQ button: included
- Standard dimensions(H x W x L): 1-11/16 x 2-3/4 x 7-3/8
- Metric dimensions(H x W x L): 4.3 x 7 x18.7
- Frequency Response (Hz): 20-20k, +0/-1dB
- Input Sensitivity: high level 250mV-10V
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >90dB, a-weighted, re: rated power
- Active Crossover: 24dB/octave, selective high pass or all pass @ 60,80, or 120Hz
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- One 45KEY1804 amplifier
- Wired microphone
- Mounting hardware
- Owners manual