Add Some Much-needed Bass
It doesn’t matter if you listen to blues, or heavy metal, or hip hop – there is a lot more to music than just listening to it. What else could there be? How about feeling the music? That’s part of what bass is all about. It immerses you more into your favorite tunes and quadruples the enjoyment factor. The Kicker 40CWD82 is sure to please even the most discerning of listeners.
You’ve Got Options
Kicker designed their CompD subwoofers to be versatile. This can be noted in their dual voice coil design which will allow you to wire up one or more 40CWD82 subwoofers in a couple of different ways to maximize the power coming from your amplifier. The 8” subwoofers also sound fantastic in either a sealed enclosure or a ported enclosure – the choice is yours.
Allow Us To Suggest…To properly power this car subwoofer (assuming you are using only a single 40CWD82 subwoofer in your setup), we would recommend a single-channel (or monoblock) amplifier that is stable at 4 ohms. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 4 ohms would be around 200 watts.
- Polypropylene woofer cone for accurate and deep bass response
- Precise control with the ribbed foam surround
- Dual 2-ohm voice coil design to allow different wiring schemes based on woofer count and amplifier used
- Warranty: 1 year
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- 8" CompD subwoofer
- Dual 2-ohm voice coils
- Injection-molded polypropylene woofer cone
- Ribbed foam surround
- Continuous power handling: 200 watts
- Peak power handling: 400 watts
- Frequency response: 30-500Hz
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 85.6dB
- Top-mount depth: 3-7/8"
- Sealed enclosure volume: 0.50 - 1.20 cu. ft.
- Ported enclosure volume: 0.66 - 1.20 cu. ft.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- 1 40CWD82 subwoofer
- 6 crimp-on terminal connectors
- 2 Kicker decals
- Subwoofer template on box
- Owners manual