W3v3 Subwoofer Drivers
Clearly the best sounding W3's yet, these subwoofers feature DMA-optimized, long linear excursion capability to minimize distortion and increase output. W3v3's are superb performers at medium power levels in compact sealed or ported enclosures.
Multiple patented technologies enhance performance and reliability. As with JL Audio's flagship drivers, development was guided by JL Audio's proprietary DMA (Dynamic Motor Analysis) modeling system to deliver outstanding dynamic stability and low-distortion operation within their intended power envelope.
A mineral-filled polypropylene upper cone body with a metallic JL Audio logo medallion provides a classy new look, while a removable (and customizable) mounting flange trim ring receives grille-mesh inserts directly, without the need for additional grille hardware. (Grille mesh inserts are sold separately.)
W3v3 Subwoofer Features:
- 10" 4-ohm subwoofer
- mineral-filled polypropylene cone with nitrile-butylene rubber surround
- power range: 100-500 watts RMS
- peak power handling: 1,000 watts
- frequency response: 25-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 84.87 dB
- top-mount depth: 5-7/8"
- sealed box volume: 0.625 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 1.125 cubic feet
W3v3 Subwoofer Specifications:
- Free Air Resonance (Fs): 31.49 Hz
- Electrical Q (Qes):0.523
- Mechanical Q (Qms): 7.017
- Total Speaker Q (Qts):0.485
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas): 1.138 cu. ft. / 32.23 liters
- One-Way, Linear Excursion (Xmax)*:0.550 in. / 14.0 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no): 0.185%
- Efficiency (1W/1m)**:84.87 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd):53.475 sq. in. / 0.0345 sq. m.
- DC Resistance (Re):3.567 ohm
- Nominal Impedance (Znom):4 ohm
- Thermal Power Handling (Pt):500W
- Driver Displacement: 0.049 cu. ft. / 1.39 liters
- Net Weight:12.25 lbs. / 5.56 kg