The large 8.8" midbass drivers of the JL Audio M880-CCX-CG-WH marine-grade coaxial speaker system pump out a tremendous amount of bass response that you'll be able to hear and feel. 1.2" silk dome tweeters allow the listeners to hear the nuances in the music - even out on the water. The larger tweeters mate quite well to the 8.8" woofers. Rock out on the open waters with this speaker kit.
JL Audio M880-CCX-CG-WH Features:
- Marine-grade 8.8" coaxial speaker system
- Classic grilles in white
- 50-250-watt power handling
- 4 ohm model
M-Series 8.8-inch Marine Cockpit Coaxial System for Infinite-Baffle Use (125 W, 4 Ω) - White Classic Grille
The same principle that makes JL Audio's 7.7-inch marine speakers dominate over conventional 6.5-inch designs is delivered in a more powerful dose in JL Audio's M880-CCX 8.8-inch coaxials.
These 8.8-inch diameter monsters offer significant performance advantages over JL Audio's 7.7 inch models, and a huge advantage over conventional 6.5 inch marine coaxials. Thanks to 36% more cone area and almost double the excursion capability, the M880-CCX's are capable of +6 dB greater low frequency output than JL Audio's M770-CCX 7.7-inch coaxial systems! The bass is so impressive that the M880-CCX can be used without a subwoofer while still packing a very serious low-frequency punch. Used with a subwoofer, they offer vastly better dynamics and mid-bass impact than smaller speakers, making them the best choice when ultimate performance is desired.
To make sure that the high-frequencies sound just as good as the bass, JL Audio's engineers have designed an oversized (1.20-inch), silk dome tweeter for this model. This new tweeter plays louder, cleaner and extends lower in frequency to better mate with the 8.8-inch woofer. A high-quality, true 2-way crossover network precisely filters and balances the coaxial system for outstanding fidelity.
Although M880-CCX Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 50 W per channel, for best audio performance they recommend amplifiers capable of between 125-250 W of continuous power per channel.
Sold as a pair.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 125 W
- Peak Music Power: 250 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power (per Ch.): 50 - 250 W
- System Efficiency: 90.5 dB @ 1 W / 1 m
- System Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- System Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 20 KHz +/ 3 dB
- Frame Outer Diameter (A): 8.80 in / 224 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle Diameter (B): 7.97 in / 202 mm
- Motor Overmold Outer Diameter (C): 5.5 in / 140 mm
- Frontal Grille Protrusion (D): 1.45 in / 37 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (E): 7.375 in / 187 mm
- Mounting Depth (F): 5.18 in / 132 mm