The Dominion powered subwoofers benefit from JL Audio’s expertise in driver and amplifier design to arrive at a unique solution for applications requiring a compact, more affordable subwoofer. Unlike any other product in its price class, the Dominion powered subwoofer employs a purpose-engineered, long excursion driver, built on JL Audio’s exclusive DMA motor optimization technology. This leads to reduced distortion at higher output levels, as well as improved dynamic tracking and resolution.
The Dominion amplifier is also purpose-engineered, featuring an advanced Class D design, with a tightly-regulated switching power supply (another rarity in this price class). These technologies ensure that the Dominion powered subwoofer remains in its comfort zone, well past the point where most small subwoofers run out of power or driver capability. Dominion powered subwoofers can be used in full home theater systems, media room systems, dedicated two-channel music systems, desktop audio workstations and small recording studios, just to name a few potential applications. High-level inputs even make it possible to add a subwoofer to systems lacking line outputs.
Every Dominion powered subwoofer is precision-built in JL Audio’s U.S. factory to deliver years of listening enjoyment.
Dominion Subwoofer Specifications:
- Unbalanced Inputs: Stereo or Mono (two RCA jacks)
- High-Level Inputs: Stereo or Mono (removable plug)
- Input Grounding: Selectable (Isolated or Grounded)
- Level Control: Variable – full mute to +15 dB over reference gain
- Power On/Off: Automatic Signal-Sensing only
- Low-Pass Filter: 24 dB per octave with Linkwitz-Riley alignment
- Low-Pass Cutoff Frequency Range: Variable – 25 Hz-130 Hz
- Polarity: 0 or 180 degrees
- Phase: Variable from 0-280 degrees, referenced to 80 Hz
- Enclosure Type: Sealed
- Drivers: Single 8-inch (nominal diameter)
- Frequency Response (anechoic):
- 31-112 Hz (+/ 1.5dB)
- -3 dB at 29 Hz/119 Hz
- -10 dB at 21 Hz/143 Hz
- Input Impedance:
- Line Inputs: 20 k ohms
- High-Level Inputs: 4.4 k ohms
- Effective Piston Area: 32.18 sq. in. (0.0208 sq. m)
- Effective Displacement: 80 cu. in. (1.3 liters)
- Amplifier Power: 500 watts RMS short-term
- Dimensions (HxWxD):
- 11.37 in. x 10 in. x 13.23 in.
- 289 mm. x 254 mm. x 336 mm.
- Net Weight: 26.4 lbs. (12 kg)
- Cabinet Finish: Black Ash Vinyl Veneer
- Built in USA with imported and domestic components