Built in Germany to exacting standards, the JL Audio C5-650 6-1/2" component speaker system is truly a marvel to behold. Mating a pair of Kurt Müller-designed midbass drivers to a pair of 3/4" silk dome tweeters is a match made in heaven. Smooth, mellow highs, natural-sounding mid-range, and dynamic midbass response are sure to make even the most discerning listener grin from ear to ear.
JL Audio C5-650 Feature:
- Part of the C5-series speaker line
- 3/4" silk dome tweeters for smooth high frequency response
- 6-1/2" midbass drivers designed by the Kurt Müller & Co. in Germany
- Included crossovers for protection and tuning options
6-1/2" Evolution C5 Series Component System
- Power Handling: Peak: 300 watts per set / 150 watts each side RMS: 150 watts per set / 75 watts each side
- Mineral-filled polypropylene cone woofer
- Butyl rubber surround
- 3/4" Silk soft dome tweeters
- RSR Variable-Angle Flush-Mount System
- Ferrofluid Cooling and Damping
- DMA-Optimized Motor System
- 2-way crossover network with 1st order low-pass and 2nd order high-pass circuit
- Premium Mylar capacitors
- Air-core inductors
- 4-Position adjustable tweeter output level
- 3-Position midrange presence control
- Polyswitch tweeter protection
- Low-Profile, Symmetrical Roll Spider
- 1" Voice coil Ferrite woofer magnet
- Neodymium tweeter magnet
- Top-mount depth: 2-1/2"
2-Way Component System: 6.5-inch (165 mm) Woofer, 0.75-inch (19 mm) Silk Dome Tweeter
The smoothness and transparency of a high-end silk dome tweeter combines with top-flight component woofer performance to create a loudspeaker system with exceptional refinement and dynamic capability.
The C5-650 component system features 6.5-inch (165 mm) component woofers with die-cast alloy baskets and Kurt Muller cones and suspensions. This woofer benefits from JL Audio's vast woofer design experience and advanced modeling systems.
The C5 component tweeters are built with 0.75-inch silk dome diaphragms that deliver smooth, extended response, on and off axis. Flush-mounting and surface-mounting fixtures are included to fit a wide variety of installation needs. The flush-mount fixtures feature our RSR (Ratcheting Swivel Rotation) mechanism to allow precise tweeter aiming after installation.
C5 crossover networks are compact and built with premium component parts, including Mylar® capacitors and segmented air-core inductors. Four levels of tweeter attenuation are provided, as well as three levels of mid-range presence adjustment, for twelve possible voicing combinations!
Woofer grilles are included, each consisting of a black grille tray and a black steel mesh grille with an electroformed JL Audio logo.
Sonic character: Smooth and balanced
Made in Germany, Sold as a pair.