The SCL-7 is the smallest in-wall model in the expanded JBL Synthesis Custom Loudspeaker (SCL) series. It is designed for deployment in high-performance immersive audio systems in small to medium-size rooms. The SCL-7 features JBL’s patented 2410H-2 1-inch (25mm) compression driver mated to an offset High Definition Imaging (HDI™) horn. This patented horn design is integrated with two 5.25-inch (130mm) Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone cast-frame woofers into a precision-molded baffle assembly. The innovative configuration yields incredibly smooth and consistent performance for off-axis placement up to 45 degrees from the listening position. Premium components are used throughout the crossover network including a boundary gain adjustment switch while high-quality gold-plated push-type speaker terminals ensure a secure connection. Installation is simple and quick with the new Cat Claw mounting mechanism that allows the speaker to be securely clicked into place freeing up two hands for tightening it down flush and level to the wall. A zero bezel magnetically attached grille is included and can be painted to match any décor. The SCL-6 is acoustically designed to match any of the JBL Synthesis Custom Loudspeakers (SCL series) as part of a complete JBL Synthesis immersive audio solution.
- 2-way in-wall loudspeaker system designed for off-axis listening as LCR and surround channels
- 1-inch 2410H-2 compression driver tweeter mated to a JBL patented High-Definition Imaging (HDI™) horn precision-molded baffle assembly
- Two 5.25-inch (130mm) Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone cast frame woofers
- Can be mounted vertically or horizontally
- Patented Cat Claw installation mechanism
- Gold plated, spring-loaded binding posts
- Includes paintable zero-bezel, magnetically attached grilles
- Compatible with WB52 pre-construction bracket
- Type: 2-way in-wall loudspeaker
- Low-Frequency Driver: Two 5.25" (130mm) advanced Aluminum Matrix cone cast-frame woofers (JW13Al-4)
- High Frequency Driver: 1" (25mm) 2410H-2 Teonex® annular ring-diaphragm compression driver
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 – 150W RMS
- Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Loudspeaker Sensitivity: 88dB/2.83V/1m
- Frequency Response: 55Hz – 30kHz (-6dB on-axis), 2pi anechoic
- Crossover Frequency: 2.0kHz
- High-Frequency Coverage Angle (-6dB): 60° Vertical, 90° Horizontal (Left: 30°, Right: 60°, from center line), from 2kHz to 15kHz
- Enclosure Type: Open back
- Controls: Boundary Proximity Control
- Grille Dimensions: 7.32" x 19.15"
- Product Dimensions (with grille) (W x H x D): 7.32" x 19.15" x 3.88"
- Cut-out Dimensions: 18.03" x 6.18"
- Rough-in Bracket: WB52
- Mounting Depth: 3.64"
- Input Type: Gold-plated spring-loaded binding posts
- Product Weight: 12.6 lbs
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- 1x SCL-7
- 1x Square Grille
- 1x Template
- 1x Scrim Cloth
- 1x Quick Start Guide