The SCL-5 is the highest performing round in-ceiling model in the JBL Synthesis Custom Loudspeaker (SCL) series. It is designed for deployment in high-performance immersive audio systems in medium to large size rooms. The SCL-5 features JBL’s patented 2409H 1-inch (25mm) compression driver mated to an offset High Definition Imaging (HDI™) horn. This patented horn design is integrated with an angled 7-inch (180mm) Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone cast-frame woofer operating behind an acoustic aperture waveguide. The innovative configuration yields incredibly smooth and consistent performance for off-axis placement up to 60 degrees from the listening position. Premium components are used throughout the crossover network including a boundary gain adjustment switch while high-quality gold-plated push-type speaker terminals ensure a secure connection. Installation is simple and quick with the new Cat Claw mounting mechanism that allows the speaker to be securely clicked into place freeing up two hands for tightening it down flush to the surface of the ceiling. Round and square zero-bezel magnetically attached grilles are included and can be painted to match any décor. The SCL-5 is acoustically designed to match any of the JBL Synthesis Custom Loudspeakers (SCL series) as part of a complete JBL Synthesis immersive audio solution.
- 2-way in-ceiling loudspeaker system designed for off-axis listening as height, in-ceiling LCR, and surround channels
- 1-inch 2409H compression driver tweeter mated to a JBL patented offset High-Definition Imaging (HDI™) horn assembly
- 7-inch (180mm) Advanced Aluminum Matrix cone, cast frame woofer with acoustic aperture waveguide baffle
- Patented Cat Claw installation mechanism
- Gold plated, spring-loaded binding posts
- Includes paintable round and square zero-bezel, magnetically attached grilles
- Compatible with CB10 pre-construction bracket
- Type: 2-way In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Low-Frequency Driver: 7" (180mm) advanced Aluminum Matrix cone cast-frame woofer (JW180PB-6)
- High-Frequency Driver: 1" (25mm) 2409H Teonex® annular ring-diaphragm compression driver
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 – 125W RMS
- Impedance: 6 Ohm
- Loudspeaker Sensitivity: 86dB/2.83V/1m
- Frequency Response: 48Hz – 32kHz (-6dB on-axis), 2pi anechoic
- Crossover Frequency: 1575Hz
- High-Frequency Coverage Angle (-6dB): 60° Vertical (Up 30°, Down 30°, from 45° Vertical Centerline), 120° Horizontal, from 2kHz to 10kHz
- Enclosure Type: Open back
- Controls: Boundary Proximity Control
- Grille Dimensions:
- Round: 12.5" diam.
- Square: 12.5" x 12.5"
- Product Dimensions (with grille) (W x H x D): 12.5" x 12.5" x 5.98"
- Cut-out Diameter: 11.22"
- Mounting Depth: 5.58"
- Input Type: Gold-plated spring-loaded binding posts
- Product Weight: 8.6 lb (9.2 lb. with one grille)
What's in the Box
What's in the Box
- 1x SCL-5
- 1x Round and 1x Square Grilles
- 1x Template
- 1x Quick Start Guide
- 2x Scrim Cloths