You knew it was coming. You can’t expect JBL engineers to rest when it comes to redefining home theater sound. Introducing the new JBL® Studio 290 dual 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker – a towering piece of sound-craft that goes far and beyond what others could only imagine. A signature part of the new 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 290 has been tested relentlessly in the world’s most advanced sound research lab – JBL’s own – as well as pitted against competitors in real world comparative listening studies. The results are in: the Studio 290 takes the crown for legacy and technology. Its dual 8” PolyPlas drivers deliver twice the potency and precision of signature JBL sound. A rear-firing Slipstream bass port envelops your senses in tight, accurate bass.
But these are just for starters: JBL is aiming for the record books. Taking cues from their own work in developing some of the world’s most legendary recording studios, they’ve given the Studio 290 the kind of home audio experience that’s normally reserved for premium movie theaters. JBL has added improvements like a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver to ensure low-distortion, and a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design that offers pinpoint sound imaging and firm natural balance. They’ve shored up the Studio 290’s interior with edge-to-edge bracing so that there’s minimal cabinet flexing and bass distortion. Finally, they’ve introduced seductive 21st century features like gloss black paneling, and soft rounded edges. For those able to see and hear the truth, JBL is confident you’ll know it – full volume – when you see and hear the Studio 290.
- 1” (25mm) CMMD®Lite high-frequency driver for crisp, clean, powerful highs with low-distortion and wide dynamics.
- High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design for astounding imaging, natural balance, and remarkable high-frequency detail at any position in the room.
- Dual 8” PolyPlas drivers enhance vocal clarity and realism and tight, extended bass response.
- Internal edge-to-edge bracing greatly reduces cabinet wall flexing, thereby significantly improving bass response and lowering distortion.
- Solid cabinet construction with soft-rounded edges and no visible fasteners.
- Gloss black top panel adds a touch of elegance to the sleek cabinet design.
- Soft-touch paint covers the horn and driver trim rings for a clean, timeless look that blends easily with any décor.
- Rear-firing Slipstream bass port minimizes port turbulence and audible distortion in the bass response.
What’s in the box:
- JBL® Studio 290 3-way Dual 8" Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Owner’s Manual
- Carpet Spikes x 4