JBL knew it was time again for them to redefine the future of sound. That’s why they designed a new floorstanding loudspeaker that reaches far and above what other companies can even fathom: the new JBL® Studio 280 dual 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker. As a signature part of the new 10-piece JBL Studio 2 loudspeaker series, the Studio 280 was built to take legacy sound and forward-thinking technology up to unrivaled heights.
Tested relentlessly in the world’s most advanced sound research lab – JBL’s own – as well as pitted against competitors in real world comparative listening studies, the Studio 280 does just that. Its dual 6.5” PolyPlas midrange drivers deliver twice the signature potency and polish of JBL legacy, and a rear-firing Slipstream bass port envelops your senses in tight, accurate bass. But going farther than anyone else isn’t far enough at JBL. Inspired by their own work in developing the world’s most legendary recording studios, they invested the Studio 280 with the kind of tech that makes for true cinema-grade listening. JBL made improvements like a 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver that ensures low-distortion, and a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design that offers pinpoint sound imaging and firm natural balance. They braced the loudspeaker’s interior from edge-to-edge in order to minimize cabinet flexing, and eliminate bass distortion. Then they capped it with seductive 21st century features like gloss black paneling, andsoft rounded edges. For those able to see and hear the truth, JBL is confident you’ll know it – full volume – at first look and first listen.
- 1” CMMD® Lite high-frequency driver for crisp, clean, powerful highs with low-distortion and wide dynamics.
- High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide design for astounding imaging, natural balance, and remarkable high-frequency detail at any position in the room.
- Dual 6.5” PolyPlas drivers for enhanced vocal clarity and realism and tight, extended bass response.
- Internal edge-to-edge bracing greatly reduces cabinet wall flexing, thereby significantly improving bass response and lowering distortion.
- Solid cabinet construction with soft-rounded edges and no visible fasteners.
- Gloss black top panel adds a touch of elegance to the sleek cabinet design.
- Soft-touch paint covers the horn and driver trim rings for a clean, timeless look that blends easily with any décor.
- Rear-firing Slipstream bass port minimizes port turbulence and audible distortion in the bass response.
What’s in the box:
- JBL® Studio 280 3-way Dual 6.5" Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- Owner’s Manual
- Carpet Spikes x 4