The JBL Studio 2 architectural series premium loudspeakers represent best in class architectural audio. A PolyPlas woofer cone, CMMD@ lite tweeter and advanced crossover network ensure low distortion and accurate sound reproduction, and the pivoting, adjustable-level tweeter can compensate for any acoustical room conditions. The proprietary JBL High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide ensures that the loudspeaker fills the room with cinema-quality sound from any location - even high elevations or off-axis listening locations. The JBL Studio 2 architectural series features a nearly invisible, paintable, zero-bezel profile that blends into any environment. The sturdy, reliable design features the XL-2 bracket, suitable for installation in any wall or ceiling up to 2” thick. The series is engineered to match the award-winning JBL Studio 2 component loudspeakers, and is perfect for a complete custom home theater or whole-house audio applications.
JBL Studio 2 6IW Speaker Features:
Sound Inspired by JBL’s legendary M2 Master Reference Monitor
- High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide technology takes its cues from the legendary JBL M2 Master Reference Monitor. Computer-optimized driver positioning and network integration result in ideal performance and lifelike soundstage imaging throughout the entire room, regardless of positioning. Proven acoustic superiority through rigorous testing and real-world evaluation.
Paintable, nearly invisible zero-bezel magnetic grill
- Speakers are nearly invisible, seamlessly blending into wall or ceiling architecture. Equally pleasing to audiophiles and interior designers as full-dispersion speakers can be fully painted and integrated into any configuration or setup. Engineered for the custom installer with a whole-room, seamless audio and visual design in mind.
Superior XL-2 installation bracket
- Sturdy, reliable design fit for easy installation in walls up to a full 2” thick. Specialty mechanical grip designed to minimize vibration regardless of installation format. Handles custom installation better than typical 1-1/2“ bracket designs.
- Pivoting tweeters let you target audio directly to your desired listening location. Install anywhere it suits you - even in high walls or ceilings - and adjust as needed. The apex of intelligent sound design and imaging.
Tweeter Audio Level Adjustment
- Fine-tune high-frequency highs and lows up to 3dB to suit room conditions and personal taste. Take full room audio immersion one step further by perfecting the details. Compensate for any acoustical configuration.
JBL Studio 2 6IW Speaker Specifications:
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 80W
- Frequency Response: 38Hz - 20kHz
- Loudspeaker Sensitivity: 86dB 2.83V @ 1m
- Low Frequency Driver Size and Material: 6.5" Polyplas Woofer
- High Frequency Driver Size and Material: 1" Pivoting CMMD Lite Tweeter
- High Frequency Control: +/- 3dB
- Cutout Dimensions: 9-13/16" x 7-9/32" H x W
- Grille Finished Dimensions: 10-7/8" x 8-11/32" H x W
- Mounting Depth: 3-19/32"
- Compatible Wall Material Thickness: 0.5" - 2.0"
- Shipping Units of Measure: Each
- Warranty: 5 Years