The SDA8300 is designed for maximum power, minimum space while seamlessly integrating into any JBL Synthesis System. The amplifier digitally connect to our SDEC Room Equalizer for a complete end-to-end digital solution and also stand on their own in a wide array of upscale applications. With greater accuracy less weight and superb signal to noise performance the SDA8300 delivers best in class performance in an easy to install space-saving design.
JBL SDA 8300 Amplifier Features:
Digital Inputs with Analog Backup
- With digital audio transport via HARMAN's proprietary BLU-Link, plus balanced analog inputs, the SDA 8300 gives you a tremendous audio advantage with much greater efficiency. The digital link from the SDEC 4500P to all SDA 8300 amplifiers in the system is handled by a single CAT5e cable daisy-chained between each unit. Up to 128 uncompressed high-resolution channels can be carried within the system, and up to 60 amplifiers can make up the signal chain. Simple hardware presets enable specific amplifier configurations for more JBL Synthesis System applications without any need for amplifier programming. The analog inputs are always available and if no BLU-Link digital input is connected the analog inputs automatically become active for standalone operation.
Amplifier Rack Density
- Power points of 300W, 600W, or 1200W in 2-/4-/8-channel configurations - all in a 2-rack unit form factor. More channels in one box allow smaller infrastructure rooms that can reduce operational costs while giving you the utmost in installation flexibility. Harman patented DriveCore technology puts much more from less space, resulting in 2x to 4x the power in half the space of the previous generation of JBL Synthesis amplifiers.
Bridgeable Channel Pairs
- Unlike amps from other manufacturers, the SDA 8300 channels are bridgeable which means even more adaptability for higher power applications such as subwoofers and high power main speakers.
Remote On/Off Interface and Auto Standby
- Saves power by integrating the amplifier into a control system so you can easily turn it on and off through the contact closure AUX port. Each channel also has its own auto standby power so only the channels being used are active. This further reduced wasteful "zombie" power draw and excess standby heat and maximizes the Harman GreenEdge design.
Efficient Cooling Design
- Highly efficient internal cooling fans provide airflow to the most heat-generating parts. Incorporating the fans into the amplifier brick design maximizes cooling while minimizing wasted energy and noise. This design also eliminates the need to have cooling vent spacers in the rack, further reducing the space needed in ever more compact and fully loaded rack rooms.
Advanced Power Factor Correction (PFC) Universal Power Supply
- The most advanced power supply in an installation amplifier delivers power more efficiently in almost any condition than any other amplifier, resulting in less power dissipated and less heat in your racks.
Network Monitoring & Control
- Better monitoring, control and audio manipulation with the HiQnet protocol over standard TCP/IP. Remotely see how all networked SDA 8300 amplifiers are performing and control them as needed. In addition, this allows Harman HiQnet Audio Architect and "Powered By Crown" iOS app software tools to work with the SDA 8300 amplifiers.
Packed with Extras
- Digital Signal Processing including LevelMAX Limiters, Input/Output, Delay, Matrix Mixer, Speaker Line Monitoring, 70 Volt or 100 Volt capable outputs give these amplifiers options and features can be used by advanced programmers now and will be utilized for premier whole house and high powered outdoor audio solutions. SDA amplifiers are the building blocks that will be used for years to come.
JBL SDA 8300 Amplifier Specifications:
- Channels: 8
- 2 Ohms: 150
- 4 Ohms: 300
- 8 Ohms: 300
- 8 Ohms bridged: 600
- Frequency Response (1W into 8 ohms, 20Hz - 20kHz): +/ 0.25dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (A-weighted): >108dB
- THD: <0.35%
- Maximum Input Level Before Compression: +20dBu
- Maximum Input Level Before Clip: +26dBu
- Voltage Gain: 34dB
- Input Connectors: Balanced 3-pin block connectors, one per channel
- Output Connectors: 2-pin terminal trip. Accepts up to 10Awg terminal forks and bare wire
- Aux Connector: 3-pin block connector
- Attenuation Control: 21 detent potentiometer for levels from infinity to 0dB
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 3.5" x 19" x 14.25", 8.75cm x 47.5cm x 35.63cm
- Weight: <30lb
- Cooling: Continuously variable speed fan, front-to-back airflow
- BLU-Link Input: (2) RJ-45 connectors
- Network Monitoring And Control: (1) RJ-45 connector
- General Purpose Input/Output Control: (1) RJ-11 for 2 ins and 2 outs
- Required AC Mains: (+/ 10%): 100VAC - 240VAC 50/60Hz
- Power Draw in Sleep: Less than 1W
- Power Connector: IEC 15A plug