Big Sound, Small Box
JBL’s S3-1224 Series III 12” car subwoofer combines tremendous output with small enclosure requirements. You can get something that will rattle your fillings, but won’t occupy your entire trunk. Add some more enjoyment to your listening experience without compromising.
Versatility is the Name of the Game
The S3-1224 allows you to select its final impedance – either 2-ohm or 4-ohm. This feature allows you to decide how much power you’re going to pull from your subwoofer’s amplifier. It also allows for different wiring configurations if you plan on doing a couple of these bad boys.
Built To Last
JBL didn’t cut any corners when it came to the design of their S3-1224 subwoofer. Featuring a rugged polypropylene woofer cone, a hardy rubber surround, and a powerful magnet, the subwoofer will keep a smile glued on your face for years to come.
Allow Us To Suggest…
To properly power this subwoofer (assuming you are using only a single S3-1224 subwoofer in your setup), we would recommend a single-channel (or monoblock) amplifier that is stable at 2 ohms. Ideally, the power output of this amplifier at 2 ohms would be around 500 watts.
- Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI™) for maximum power extraction from your amplifier
- Polypropylene woofer cone that has been tested thoroughly for reliability
- Durable rubber surround for long-lasting performance
- Warranty: 1 year
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- 12” component subwoofer
- Selectable 2- or 4-ohm impedance
- Up to 500 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 1500 watts
- Frequency response range: 25Hz – 175Hz
- Sensitivity: 92dB
- Top-mount depth: 7”
- Sealed box volume: 0.75 cu. ft.
- Ported box volume: 2.5 cu. ft.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- 1 S3-1224 subwoofer
- 8 screws (Allen head)
- 8 screw spacers
- Owner’s manual