Quality That Lasts
The S2-1224 Series II 12” car subwoofer from JBL exhibits fantastic build quality for its price point. Featuring a rugged polypropylene woofer cone and durable rubber surround, you can expect years of reliable and consistent performance. A great selling point of this subwoofer (aside from its great build quality) is that it doesn’t need gobs of power to run well. Handling up to 275 watts of continuous power, this subwoofer would run quite well off of most car subwoofer amplifiers.
Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI™)
With a flick of a switch, you can change the S2-1224’s impedance between 2 and 4 ohms. This type of versatility allows you to change the configuration of the subwoofer on the fly to extract maximum power from your amplifier. This comes in handy when you change out the amplifier or if you add another S2-1224 into the mix.
Allow Us To Suggest…
To properly power this subwoofer (assuming you are using only a single S2-1224 subwoofer in your setup), we would recommend a single-channel (or monoblock) amplifier that is stable at 2 ohms. Ideally, the power output of this car amplifier at 2 ohms would be around 200-300 watts.
- Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI™) for maximum power extraction from your amplifier
- Polypropylene woofer cone that has been tested thoroughly for reliability
- Durable rubber surround for long-lasting performance
- Warranty: 1 year
- Included: World Wide Stereo 60-day guarantee and expert product support
- 12” component subwoofer
- Selectable 2- or 4-ohm impedance
- Up to 275 watts of continuous power handling
- Peak power handling: 1100 watts
- Frequency response range: 25Hz – 175Hz
- Sensitivity: 93dB
- Top-mount depth: 5-13/16”
- Sealed box volume: 0.75 cu. ft.
- Ported box volume: 2.5 cu. ft.
What's in the Box
What's in the Box:
- 1 S2-1224 subwoofer
- Owner’s manual